Thread Size(s)

Phil B.

Guest
Can somebody tell me what the "standard" water bottle holders thread
size/tpi is ? I'd like to purchase a tap to refresh the threading
on my newly painted frame.
TIA

Phil

Phil B. wrote:
> Can somebody tell me what the "standard" water bottle holders thread
> size/tpi is ? I'd like to purchase a tap to refresh the threading
> on my newly painted frame.

M5

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<4128d7d3.0@entanet>...
> Phil B. wrote:
> > Can somebody tell me what the "standard" water bottle holders thread
> > size/tpi is ? I'd like to purchase a tap to refresh the threading
> > on my newly painted frame.

> M5

More precisely, 5mm diameter x 0.8mm pitch.

Jeff

On 22 Aug 2004 15:32:57 -0700, [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote:

>Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<4128d7d3.0@entanet>...
>> Phil B. wrote:
>> > Can somebody tell me what the "standard" water bottle holders thread
>> > size/tpi is ? I'd like to purchase a tap to refresh the threading
>> > on my newly painted frame.

>> M5

>More precisely, 5mm diameter x 0.8mm pitch.

And if all you need to do is chase paint from the threads, take a
bolt, cut a slot two or three threads deep in the tip of it with a
Dremel, and use that.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Jeff Wills wrote:

> More precisely, 5mm diameter x 0.8mm pitch.

<pedant> M5 is always taken to be the coarse thread, 5mm x 0.8mm as you
correctly state. The other 5mm thread is called "M5 fine" </pedant>

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:48:04 GMT Phil B. <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Can somebody tell me what the "standard" water bottle holders thread
>size/tpi is ? I'd like to purchase a tap to refresh the threading
>on my newly painted frame.

M5 x 0.8

-
Jim Adney [email protected]
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<412a2a91.0@entanet>...
> Jeff Wills wrote:
>
> > More precisely, 5mm diameter x 0.8mm pitch.

> <pedant> M5 is always taken to be the coarse thread, 5mm x 0.8mm as you
> correctly state. The other 5mm thread is called "M5 fine" </pedant>

<sarcasm> Well, FINE! </sarcasm> :p

Jeff