Threaded Headset Spacers

David M. Grey

Guest
Is there any problem with putting on about an inch worth of spacers when
installing a threaded headset? Thank you.

/Dave

David M. Grey wrote:

> Is there any problem with putting on about an inch worth of spacers when
> installing a threaded headset? Thank you.

No problem. I take it you don't want to cut the steerer down?

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> David M. Grey wrote:
>
>> Is there any problem with putting on about an inch worth of spacers
>> when installing a threaded headset? Thank you.

> No problem. I take it you don't want to cut the steerer down?

Thank you for your response. You are right I don't want to cut the
steerer so that I can raise the stem a bit higher for comfort.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:29:32 GMT, "David M. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>> David M. Grey wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any problem with putting on about an inch worth of spacers
>>> when installing a threaded headset? Thank you.

>> No problem. I take it you don't want to cut the steerer down?

>Thank you for your response. You are right I don't want to cut the
>steerer so that I can raise the stem a bit higher for comfort.

Be careful though that the bottom of the stem expander is not in the
threaded part of the steerer tube. Riding a setup like that a few
times is no big deal, but in the long run I think it's much more
likely the steerer tube will crack along the threads.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"David M. Grey" wrote:

> Is there any problem with putting on about an inch worth of spacers when
> installing a threaded headset? Thank you.

just as long as the clamping portion of the stem sits below the threads

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL