Threading Question : BB Frame Cage & Campy Chorus BB

litespeedguy

Sep 13, 2003
Given that my frame was made in Tennessee I would assume English threading for the BB shell and that the shop where I got the bike would have ordered an English threaded Campy BB .

my confusion is that some old notes that I have say to turn clockwise to loosen the drive side cup and counterclockwise for the other side - does anyone know if this is correct ? seems wrong if English threading on the entire shell ??

Originally Posted by litespeedguy .

Given that my frame was made in Tennessee I would assume English threading for the BB shell and that the shop where I got the bike would have ordered an English threaded Campy BB .

my confusion is that some old notes that I have say to turn clockwise to loosen the drive side cup and counterclockwise for the other side - does anyone know if this is correct ? seems wrong if English threading on the entire shell ??
FYI. The driveside of an English threaded BB shell has a LEFT HAND THREAD ...

So, to remove the driveside BB cup which has English threading you would indeed turn it clockwise ...

And, counter-clockwise to remove the non-driveside BB cup which has English threading.

http://sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-bottombrackets.html

You old notes and Alf are correct.

Drive side is a left-hand thread.
Off-drive side is a right-hand thread.