threadless chrome fork

Hello

I want to upgrade my steel Fondriest with an aheadset and need to
change out my threaded chrome fork. Only Excel Sports sells chrome
threadless forks(for Gios). Does Colnago sell threadless steel forks?
Or are there any aftermarket threadless steel forks available? I don't
want to use that **** carbon, would rather stick with the steel all
around, it rides nice. If worse comes to worse, I'll try to find a new
threaded stem with a better degree rise. I currently am using an ITM
stem from 1995/96. Email me if you want @ dean_az68 at yahoo dot com
Thanks,

[email protected] wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to upgrade my steel Fondriest with an aheadset and need to
> change out my threaded chrome fork. Only Excel Sports sells chrome
> threadless forks(for Gios). Does Colnago sell threadless steel forks?
> Or are there any aftermarket threadless steel forks available? I don't
> want to use that **** carbon, would rather stick with the steel all
> around, it rides nice. If worse comes to worse, I'll try to find a new
> threaded stem with a better degree rise. I currently am using an ITM
> stem from 1995/96. Email me if you want @ dean_az68 at yahoo dot com
> Thanks,

all threaded forks can be converted to threadless with a hacksaw. Only
thing is it makes them 2" shorter, so this route is limited to smaller
frames

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

M-gineering wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I want to upgrade my steel Fondriest with an aheadset and need to
> > change out my threaded chrome fork. Only Excel Sports sells chrome
> > threadless forks(for Gios). Does Colnago sell threadless steel forks?
> > Or are there any aftermarket threadless steel forks available? I don't
> > want to use that **** carbon, would rather stick with the steel all
> > around, it rides nice. If worse comes to worse, I'll try to find a new
> > threaded stem with a better degree rise. I currently am using an ITM
> > stem from 1995/96. Email me if you want @ dean_az68 at yahoo dot com
> > Thanks,
> >

> all threaded forks can be converted to threadless with a hacksaw. Only
> thing is it makes them 2" shorter, so this route is limited to smaller
> frames
>
> --
> ---
> Marten Gerritsen
>
> INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
> www.m-gineering.nl

thanks.....my frame is 57cm C-T-C so i guess this wouldnt work....what
is the best threaded stem to get for the best positive rise?

Sounds more like a handlebar height issue, than an "upgrading" problem.

Going to threadless would be an obvious choice if you wanted a carbon
fork, but in this case, why not get a tall stem like the lovely Nitto
Technomic?

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/stems.asp

(scroll down)

Here is a NOS threadless chromed fork for $20:

eBay item # 7189736734

They have 41 of them...get you an extra while you are at it ;-)

landotter wrote:
> Sounds more like a handlebar height issue, than an "upgrading" problem.
>
> Going to threadless would be an obvious choice if you wanted a carbon
> fork, but in this case, why not get a tall stem like the lovely Nitto
> Technomic?
>
> http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/stems.asp
>
> (scroll down)

Thanks for all of the responses.....i have been looking into this
topic, some have suggested that a Frueler(? spelled correctly) type of
frame, as made by Colnago or other custome bike makers, would also be a
good way to get that extra "lift" from your stem, being that there is
extra head tube space.....anyone have more experience with this kind of
frame?