Threadless stems between 110 & 130-deg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just Riding Alo

I'm looking for a threadless mountain-style stem with a rise between 110 and 130 degrees. I've got a
110mm x 130-deg (i.e. 40 degrees of rise), and I'd like to find something 5-10 degrees lower.
Steerer is 1-1/8" (28.6mm), and the bar dia is 25.4mm (standard mtb). I know about the custom Salsa
stems, but would prefer something much cheaper. I've considered an adjustable stem (Kalloy, Zoom),
but am a little hesitant about that type of stem.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Originally posted by Just Riding Alo
I'm looking for a threadless mountain-style stem with a rise between 110 and 130 degrees. I've got a
110mm x 130-deg (i.e. 40 degrees of rise), and I'd like to find something 5-10 degrees lower.
Steerer is 1-1/8" (28.6mm), and the bar dia is 25.4mm (standard mtb). I know about the custom Salsa
stems, but would prefer something much cheaper. I've considered an adjustable stem (Kalloy, Zoom),
but am a little hesitant about that type of stem.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Do you have any spacers on your fork steering column?
If so, you can swap one from under the stem to over the stem and get your bars lower.
Salsa makes a stock 25 degree rise stem.
I am not aware of a 30 or 35 degree mountain stem.
Adjustable stems are fine to help you tune your position, but I don't think I would ride one unless I needed to move the bars up and down during the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.