Not open for further replies.
John Harlow wrote:
> Screw Flanders!

Channeling Homer again, John?!?

Bill "or Turets, perhaps?" S.

>> Screw Flanders!
>
> Channeling Homer again, John?!?

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you
just wish Flanders was dead.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> .Since you have shown on this
board that you like to stereotype .mountain .> .> .bikers .> .> .> .> It's called "observation".
Just like science, it is valid to generalize .> .from a .> .> large sample. .> .> .> . .> .Why are
observations just like science when you make them, but lies when .> .anybody else makes them? .> .>
Because you LIE. DUH! .> .And you don't?

No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should try.

.Yeah, right! . . . .> .I have over 30 years of observations that say your observations are .>
.inaccurate at best more than 95% of the time. .> .> You are talking about opinions, NOT
observations. You don't even know what .an .> observation is. .> .Wrong. I am talking about
observations. You apparently do not know what an .opinion is. . . . .> Your observations are rooted
.> .in science while mine are rooted in lies. How, exactly, does that work? .> .> I don't know. Why
do you lie so much? .> . .That was a rhetorical question, idiot.

Mine wasn't. Why do you lie so much????

.> .It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that .> .everybody that engages
in a particular activity is wrong, then you .complain .> .that a few of those people get annoyed
enough to hurl insults back in .your .> .face. Isn't that similar to the plight of the black
community when some .> .insensitive idiot calls them all ****ers, then complains that somebody
.beats .> .the **** out of him in a dark alley? .> . .> .You are a moron and a buffoon, but I would
never say that all PhDs share .> .these traits. These traits are not unique to you by any stretch of
the .> .imagination, but they are traits that only you have as far as I can .discern. .> .> You
discern zip, liar. . .Yeah, right. . .Your lies are scientific observation when everybody else's
observations are .lies. You really need to pull your head out of your ass and take a breath of
.fresh air.

You have yet to document even ONE single lie on my part. (Hint: there aren't any.)
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:04:22 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike is a toll with a degree. This makes him the absolute worst kind of .troll because people that
don't know better will think his degree makes him .credible, and silence from those that do know
better simply add credence to .the mistake of those that do not know better. . .You can choose to
ignore my trolling, and nobody will know the difference .because I haven't got the degree. But when
a PhD speaks out, the knee-jerk .reaction of lesser people is to nod approvingly and take the
comments at .face value. Mike's comments MUST NEVER be taken at face value.

Did you say something?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff
> Strickland"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
> .news:[email protected]... .> .> .Since you have shown on this board that
> you like to stereotype .mountain .> .> .bikers .> .> .> .> It's called "observation". Just like
> science, it is valid to
generalize
> .> .from a .> .> large sample. .> .> .> . .> .Why are observations just like science when you make
> them, but lies
when
> .> .anybody else makes them? .> .> Because you LIE. DUH! .> .And you don't?
>
> No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should try.
>

You guys? What "you guys" are you talking about? I am not a mountain biker, therefore I am
not a liar.

>
> .Yeah, right! . . . .> .I have over 30 years of observations that say your observations are .>
> .inaccurate at best more than 95% of the time. .> .> You are talking about opinions, NOT
> observations. You don't even know
what
> .an .> observation is. .> .Wrong. I am talking about observations. You apparently do not know what
an
> .opinion is. . . . .> Your observations are rooted .> .in science while mine are rooted in lies.
> How, exactly, does that
work?
> .> .> I don't know. Why do you lie so much? .> . .That was a rhetorical question, idiot.
>
> Mine wasn't. Why do you lie so much????
>

I challenge you to cite a single lie of mine.

> .> .It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that .> .everybody that engages
> in a particular activity is wrong, then you .complain .> .that a few of those people get annoyed
> enough to hurl insults back in .your .> .face. Isn't that similar to the plight of the black
> community when
some
> .> .insensitive idiot calls them all ****ers, then complains that somebody .beats .> .the ****
> out of him in a dark alley? .> . .> .You are a moron and a buffoon, but I would never say that
> all PhDs
> .> .these traits. These traits are not unique to you by any stretch of the .> .imagination, but
> they are traits that only you have as far as I can .discern. .> .> You discern zip, liar. . .Yeah,
> right. . .Your lies are scientific observation when everybody else's observations
are
> .lies. You really need to pull your head out of your ass and take a breath
of
> .fresh air.
>
> You have yet to document even ONE single lie on my part. (Hint: there
aren't
> any.)

I have documented several of your lies, and cited dozens of things that while not lies, per se, are
simply wrong. I reject without prejudice fully
99.9% of what you say. The irony is that I generally agree with your goals, but your approach to
acheiving those goals is out of touch with reality. I reject completely your assertion that
recreation is a significant part of the problems faced by the environment. I agree that
recreation can cause extremely localized problems that can be corrected by a little bit of
volunteerism in the way of trail maintenance, but the vast majority of trail maintenance needs
are not the result of a single activity, and almosy NONE of it extends beyond the immediate area
of the trail.

You, sir (and I use that term loosely), are a danger to society.

Alan Poots wrote:

>I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself i would not. I hope now to leave the world
>of Mike V behind me.
>
>
>
>
Good luck.

Pete H

--
A person is free only in the freedom of other persons.
W. Berry

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan Poots" <[email protected]> wrote:

.I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself i would not. .I hope now to leave the world
of Mike V behind me.

Yeah, just when you are proven wrong....
===

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:19:31 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

.news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -
0800, "Jeff Strickland" .<[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> . .> .> ."Mike Vandeman"
<[email protected]> wrote in message .> .> .news:[email protected]... .>
.> .> .Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype .> .mountain .> .> .> .bikers
.> .> .> .> .> .> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to .generalize .> .>
.from a .> .> .> large sample. .> .> .> .> .> . .> .> .Why are observations just like science when
you make them, but lies .when .> .> .anybody else makes them? .> .> .> .> Because you LIE. DUH! .>
.> .> .And you don't? .> .> No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should try. .> . .You
guys? What "you guys" are you talking about? I am not a mountain biker, .therefore I am not a liar.

Yes, you are (a liar). Mountain bikers aren't the only liars. DUH!

.> .Yeah, right! .> . .> . .> . .> .> .I have over 30 years of observations that say your
observations are .> .> .inaccurate at best more than 95% of the time. .> .> .> .> You are talking
about opinions, NOT observations. You don't even know .what .> .an .> .> observation is. .> .> .>
.Wrong. I am talking about observations. You apparently do not know what .an .> .opinion is. .> . .>
. .> . .> .> Your observations are rooted .> .> .in science while mine are rooted in lies. How,
exactly, does that .work? .> .> .> .> I don't know. Why do you lie so much? .> .> .> . .> .That was
a rhetorical question, idiot. .> .> Mine wasn't. Why do you lie so much???? .> . .I challenge you to
cite a single lie of mine.

I did. Many times.

.> .> .It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that .> .> .everybody that
engages in a particular activity is wrong, then you .> .complain .> .> .that a few of those people
get annoyed enough to hurl insults back in .> .your .> .> .face. Isn't that similar to the plight of
the black community when .some .> .> .insensitive idiot calls them all ****ers, then complains that
somebody .> .beats .> .> .the **** out of him in a dark alley? .> .> . .> .> .You are a moron and a
buffoon, but I would never say that all PhDs .share .> .> .these traits. These traits are not unique
to you by any stretch of the .> .> .imagination, but they are traits that only you have as far as I
can .> .discern. .> .> .> .> You discern zip, liar. .> . .> .Yeah, right. .> . .> .Your lies are
scientific observation when everybody else's observations .are .> .lies. You really need to pull
your head out of your ass and take a breath .of .> .fresh air. .> .> You have yet to document even
ONE single lie on my part. (Hint: there .aren't .> any.) . .I have documented several of your lies,

BS. Those wre YOUR words. You caught YOURSELF lying!

and cited dozens of things that .while not lies, per se, are simply wrong. I reject without
prejudice fully .99.9% of what you say. The irony is that I generally agree with your goals, .but
your approach to acheiving those goals is out of touch with reality. I .reject completely your
assertion that recreation is a significant part of .the problems faced by the environment. I agree
that recreation can cause .extremely localized problems that can be corrected by a little bit of
.volunteerism in the way of trail maintenance, but the vast majority of trail .maintenance needs
are not the result of a single activity, and almosy NONE .of it extends beyond the immediate area
of the trail.

Thanks for demonstrating your TOTAL ignorance of basic biology.

.You, sir (and I use that term loosely), are a danger to society.

===

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan Poots" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself i would not. .I hope now to leave the
> world of Mike V behind me.
>
> Yeah, just when you are proven wrong....
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

How successful were your efforts?

>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:25:36 -0000, "Alan Poots" <[email protected]> wrote:

.i have not been proven wrong, just as in the same way you have not been .proven wrong. i never set
out to do so, but to argue that your hypotheses .were based on incorrect assumptions. however, i now
realise you have no .hypotheses, merely beliefs, which are untestable. nevertheless, i respect .your
position and wish you well,

That's right: change the subject, whenever you are proven wrong. Just like Rick Hopkins. And every
other mountain biker, for that matter.

.Al ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan
Poots" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself i
would not. .> .I hope now to leave the world of Mike V behind me. .> .> Yeah, just when you are
proven wrong.... .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans
("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .

===

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:02:32 -0500, "Baldesh" <[email protected]> wrote:

.news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan
Poots" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself i
would not. .> .I hope now to leave the world of Mike V behind me. .> .> Yeah, just when you are
proven wrong.... .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans
("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.) . .How successful were your efforts?

I got the Sierra Club to file suit, and stopped four highway projects, but only temporarily, since
Judge Thelton Henderson didn't have the guts to do what is right.

.> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff
> Strickland"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
> .news:[email protected]... .> .> .Since you have shown on this board that
> you like to stereotype .mountain .> .> .bikers .> .> .> .> It's called "observation". Just like
> science, it is valid to
generalize
> .> .from a .> .> large sample. .> .> .> . .> .Why are observations just like science when you make
> them, but lies
when
> .> .anybody else makes them? .> .> Because you LIE. DUH! .> .And you don't?
>
> No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should try.
>

Thats a lie right there, Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. the professor of LIES! More proof of what a LIAR
you are. DUH!

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:25:36 -0000, "Alan Poots" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .i have not been proven wrong, just as in the same way you have not been .proven wrong. i never
> set out to do so, but to argue that your hypotheses .were based on incorrect assumptions. however,
> i now realise you have no .hypotheses, merely beliefs, which are untestable. nevertheless, i
> respect .your position and wish you well,
>
> That's right: change the subject, whenever you are proven wrong. Just like Rick Hopkins. And every
> other mountain biker, for that matter.

Well if they're doing that mikey it's only because they picked it up from you.

I think it's till to ignore you again, you used to be funny but now all you do is troll usenet and
spam your poorly done website.

Jason

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:02:32 -0500, "Baldesh" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan
> Poots" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself
> i would not. .> .I hope now to leave the world of Mike V behind me. .> .> Yeah, just when you are
> proven wrong.... .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .>
> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence
> and road construction.) . .How successful were your efforts?
>
> I got the Sierra Club to file suit, and stopped four highway projects, but only temporarily, since
> Judge Thelton Henderson didn't have the guts to do what is right.

Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? That is astounding if you
stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, he got the Sierra Club to actually stop the
highway projects, and the Sierra Club has disowned him since then, but it is still astounding that
someone so blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> but it is still astounding that someone so blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort
> of thing.
>
>
>
You been watching Congress? They've got this down to an absolute art!

Pete H

--
A person is free only in the freedom of other persons.
W. Berry

Mikey - you little snuggle-bunny you.

Are you out of rehab, on parole, reclassified sane or did your mummy just give you internet
rights back ?

Well, while you've been away, I've been becoming much more active off-road with my mountain bike
(which I only started riding, because you attracted my interest to it).

Thanks again.

TTFN.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:47:51 -0600, "Jason" <[email protected]> wrote:

.news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff
message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27
-0800, "Jeff Strickland" .<[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> . .> .> ."Mike Vandeman"
<[email protected]> wrote in message .> .> .news:[email protected]...
.> .> .> .Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype .> .mountain .> .> .>
.bikers .> .> .> .> .> .> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to .generalize
.> .> .from a .> .> .> large sample. .> .> .> .> .> . .> .> .Why are observations just like
science when you make them, but lies .when .> .> .anybody else makes them? .> .> .> .> Because you
LIE. DUH! .> .> .> .And you don't? .> .> No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should
try. .> . .Thats a lie right there, Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. the professor of LIES! More .proof of
what a LIAR you are. DUH!

Did you say something?

===

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? That .is astounding if you
stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, he .got the Sierra Club to actually stop the
highway projects, and the Sierra .Club has disowned him since then, but it is still astounding that
someone so .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing.

That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers helped stop any
highway projects.
===

Status
Not open for further replies.