Threat from a Typical Mountain Biker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm awarding Mike 2 points for trolling you inside a thread about hime being a troll. Right after I
buy a mountain bike.

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .

> . .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects?
That
> .is astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of course,
he
> .got the Sierra Club to actually stop the highway projects, and the Sierra .Club has disowned him
> since then, but it is still astounding that someone
so
> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing.
>
> That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers
helped
> stop any highway projects.

None that you know of ...............LIAR

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:08:58 -0700, Rufio <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mikey - you little snuggle-bunny you. . .Are you out of rehab, on parole, reclassified sane or did
your mummy .just give you internet rights back ? . .Well, while you've been away, I've been becoming
much more active .off-road with my mountain bike (which I only started riding, because .you
attracted my interest to it). . .Thanks again. . .TTFN.

Did you say something?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:36:39 GMT, "Rosco" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .

.> . .> .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? .That .> .is
astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, .he .> .got the Sierra Club to
actually stop the highway projects, and the Sierra .> .Club has disowned him since then, but it is
still astounding that someone .so .> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of
thing. .> .> That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers .helped .> stop
any highway projects. . .None that you know of ...............LIAR

Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to tell. DUH!
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .

> . .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects?
That
> .is astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of course,
he
> .got the Sierra Club to actually stop the highway projects, and the Sierra .Club has disowned him
> since then, but it is still astounding that someone
so
> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing.
>
> That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers
helped
> stop any highway projects.

Maybe because mountain bikers are the people sitting in gridlock because there hasn't been a new
highway built in this state for as long as anybody can remember.

I think there is a middle ground to look at when highway construction and habitat collide. I think
we can, and should, look at building highways from the housing centers to the job centers that go
for tens of miles without exit ramps. I think we can, and should, build highways that are raised
over small canyons and gullies instead of filling in these dips in the landscape so the highway
can be flat.

It makes perfect sense to me that when we build new housing centers that are removed from the jobs
by 50 or 60 miles, then we need transportation infrastructure to carry the residents of these
centers back and forth to work.

Why are you persona non grata at the Sierra Club then?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
By the way, NO mountain bikers
> .helped .> stop any highway projects. . .None that you know of ...............LIAR
>
> Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to tell. DUH!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Mike, that is just too good!

The rest of the world must be wrong then if you are the only one right, right?....

I know you won't see this, too bad but you said you kill filed me remember?

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>
> Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? That is astounding if you
> stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, he got the Sierra Club to actually stop the
> highway projects, and the Sierra Club has disowned him since then, but it is still astounding that
> someone so blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing.

Except I have seen zero proof that Mike has accomplished anything.

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:36:39 GMT, "Rosco" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff
> Strickland"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .> .

> .> . .> .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? .That .> .is
> astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of
course,
> .he .> .got the Sierra Club to actually stop the highway projects, and the
Sierra
> .> .Club has disowned him since then, but it is still astounding that
someone
> .so .> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing. .> .> That simply shows
> how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers .helped .> stop any highway projects. . .None
> that you know of ...............LIAR
>
> Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to tell. DUH!

I find it amazing that highway projects have been cancelled through public presure in my neck of the
woods and believe it or not, you were not there. As to whether or not anyone was a mountain biker, I
don't know because I didn't ask.

It's been fun watching your nonesense once again, but as I said before, IT SUCKS TO BE YOU.

PLUNK

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:09:42 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. .Why are you persona non grata at the Sierra Club then?

You just lied again.
===

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:41:27 -0500, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .>
. By the way, NO mountain bikers .> .helped .> .> stop any highway projects. .> . .> .None that you
know of ...............LIAR .> .> Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to tell.
DUH! . .ROTFLMAO!!! . .Mike, that is just too good! . .The rest of the world must be wrong then if
you are the only one right, .right?.... . .I know you won't see this, too bad but you said you
kill filed me .remember?

You are lyng.

.Mike .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

===

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:08:40 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .

.> . .> .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? .That .> .is
astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, .he .> .got the Sierra Club to
actually stop the highway projects, and the Sierra .> .Club has disowned him since then, but it is
still astounding that someone .so .> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of
thing. .> .> That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers .helped .> stop
any highway projects. . .Maybe because mountain bikers are the people sitting in gridlock because
.there hasn't been a new highway built in this state for as long as anybody .can remember.

Yeah, they all drive cars to get their bike to the trailhead. Hypocrites.

.I think there is a middle ground to look at when highway construction and .habitat collide. I think
we can, and should, look at building highways from .the housing centers to the job centers that go
for tens of miles without .exit ramps. I think we can, and should, build highways that are raised
over .small canyons and gullies instead of filling in these dips in the landscape .so the highway
can be flat.

We don't need one square inch of more pavement. Idiot.

.It makes perfect sense to me that when we build new housing centers that are .removed from the jobs
by 50 or 60 miles, then we need transportation .infrastructure to carry the residents of these
centers back and forth to .work.

We shouldn't be building sprawl. Period. Idiot.
===

On 12 Feb 2004 15:11:24 -0800, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

."Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

.> .> Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? That .> is astounding
if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of course, he .> got the Sierra Club to actually
stop the highway projects, and the Sierra .> Club has disowned him since then, but it is still
astounding that someone so .> blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing. .
.Except I have seen zero proof that Mike has accomplished anything.

Do you see any bikes in EBMUD watershed lands? No. That was partly doe to me.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> Do you see any bikes in EBMUD watershed lands? No. That was partly doe to me. ===

And you make an entire post to point out Blaine's silly typo.

HYPOCRITE!!!

Bill "Mike is Bambi" S.

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:08:40 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59 -0800, "Jeff
> Strickland"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .> .

> .> . .> .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? .That .> .is
> astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of
course,
> .he .> .got the Sierra Club to actually stop the highway projects, and the
Sierra
> .> .Club has disowned him since then, but it is still astounding that
someone
> .so .> .blatantly ignorant of reality can accomplish this sort of thing. .> .> That simply shows
> how far off you are. By the way, NO mountain bikers .helped .> stop any highway projects. . .Maybe
> because mountain bikers are the people sitting in gridlock because .there hasn't been a new
> highway built in this state for as long as
anybody
> .can remember.
>
> Yeah, they all drive cars to get their bike to the trailhead. Hypocrites.
>

Or they drive cars to get to their JOBS.

> .I think there is a middle ground to look at when highway construction and .habitat collide. I
> think we can, and should, look at building highways
from
> .the housing centers to the job centers that go for tens of miles without .exit ramps. I think we
> can, and should, build highways that are raised
over
> .small canyons and gullies instead of filling in these dips in the
landscape
> .so the highway can be flat.
>
> We don't need one square inch of more pavement. Idiot.
>
Yeah, right. Idiot.

> .It makes perfect sense to me that when we build new housing centers that
are
> .removed from the jobs by 50 or 60 miles, then we need transportation .infrastructure to carry the
> residents of these centers back and forth to .work.
>
> We shouldn't be building sprawl. Period. Idiot.

What else would you build then?

You have zillions of complaints, but not one single solution except to exterminate the human race.

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:02:32 -0500, "Baldesh" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan
> Poots" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to myself
> i would not. .> .I hope now to leave the world of Mike V behind me. .> .> Yeah, just when you are
> proven wrong.... .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .>
> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence
> and road construction.) . .How successful were your efforts?
>
> I got the Sierra Club to file suit, and stopped four highway projects, but
only
> temporarily, since Judge Thelton Henderson didn't have the guts to do what
is
> right.
>

Would that be the same Sierra Club that has sent you packing?

> Would that be the same Sierra Club that has sent you packing?
>
>
That depends on what the meaning of is is. Of course, Mike is going to present himself as a welcome
member of the SC, yet it is widely known that he was expelled from the leadership of that
organization. It strikes me as somewhat humorous that Mike is too extreme for the Sierra Club.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:51:04 GMT, S o r n i wrote:
>
> And you make an entire post to point out Blaine's silly typo.
>
> HYPOCRITE!!!

He's not just a hypocrite, he's also an idiot. I INTENTIONALLY don't have my address match a string
in my sig - just an additional step to keep the spambots away. It does tend to confuse the really
stupid people, who assume everything that they can't figure out is a mistake on someone else's part.
I just consider that a side benefit. :)

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:37:15 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Would that be the same Sierra Club that has sent you packing?
>>
>That depends on what the meaning of is is. Of course, Mike is going to present himself as a welcome
>member of the SC, yet it is widely known that he was expelled from the leadership of that
>organization. It strikes me as somewhat humorous that Mike is too extreme for the Sierra Club.

Specifically, Mikey was removed and permanently banned from any elected or appointed leadership
position by the national Sierra Club Board of Directors for "Breach of Leadership Trust" or BOLT, in
the Spring of last year. This followed similar action by his local chapter.

Published minutes of SC meetings include this. As is typical in volunteer organizations, actions
involving disciplinary action are handled in closed session, and not fully spelled out in the
minutes except for the final resolution.

He tried to get another volunteer SC member (with whom he disagreed) fired from his job, and that
was the specific justification for this action.

They also considered revoking his Sierra Club membership, but have not yet done so. If he continues
to represent himself as the Chair (or former Chair) of the Wildlife Subcommittee of the Sierra Club,
this could be revisited.

The word from SC Club members who know of him is that he is considered a joke.

Apparently the Wildlife Subcommittee is now defunct.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)
------------------------------------------------
at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

"Jason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:28 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > .news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff
> > Strickland"
> <[email protected]>
> > .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
> > .news:[email protected]... .> .> .Since you have shown on this board
> > that you like to stereotype .mountain .> .> .bikers .> .> .> .> It's called "observation". Just
> > like science, it is valid to
> generalize
> > .> .from a .> .> large sample. .> .> .> . .> .Why are observations just like science when you
> > make them, but lies
> when
> > .> .anybody else makes them? .> .> Because you LIE. DUH! .> .And you don't?
> >
> > No, I always tell the truth, something you guys should try.
> >
>
> Thats a lie right there, Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. the professor of LIES! More proof of what a LIAR you
> are. DUH!

I haven't poked around here in a couple of years, since the helmet wars. I see MV is still rolling
around the universe. Kind of makes me wish the Bushman would declare him an enemy combatant and ship
him off to Gitmo for 20 years or so. But no..............

I do have two questions:

1. Does MV teach at an accredited institution of higher learning?
2. How many news groups has he been banned from?

Status
Not open for further replies.