Threat from a Typical Mountain Biker

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:02:32 -0500, "Baldesh"
    <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
    .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:48:40 -0000, "Alan
    Poots" <[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> .I foolishly got involved, even though i said to
    myself i would not. .> .> .I hope now to leave the world of Mike V behind me. .> .> .> .> Yeah, just
    when you are proven wrong.... .> .> === .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-
    limits to .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .> years fighting
    auto dependence and road construction.) .> . .> .How successful were your efforts? .> .> I got the
    Sierra Club to file suit, and stopped four highway projects, but .only .> temporarily, since Judge
    Thelton Henderson didn't have the guts to do what .is .> right. .> . . .Would that be the same
    Sierra Club that has sent you packing?

You are lying. I'm still there.
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

2. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:05:43 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:4pvp20tcncinb4l3j[email protected]... .> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:08:40 -0800, "Jeff
    Strickland" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:18:59
    -0800, "Jeff Strickland" .<[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> .

.> .> . .> .> .Can you imagine that Mike Vandeman is able to cancel highway projects? .> .That .> .>
    .is astounding if you stop to think of the implications of it. Of .course, .> .he .> .> .got the
    Sierra Club to actually stop the highway projects, and the .Sierra .> .> .Club has disowned him
    since then, but it is still astounding that .someone .> .so .> .> .blatantly ignorant of reality can
    accomplish this sort of thing. .> .> .> .> That simply shows how far off you are. By the way, NO
    mountain bikers .> .helped .> .> stop any highway projects. .> . .> .Maybe because mountain bikers
    are the people sitting in gridlock because .> .there hasn't been a new highway built in this state
    for as long as .anybody .> .can remember. .> .> Yeah, they all drive cars to get their bike to the
    trailhead. Hypocrites. .> . .Or they drive cars to get to their JOBS.

Either way, they are hypocrites. Like you.

.> .I think there is a middle ground to look at when highway construction and .> .habitat collide. I
    think we can, and should, look at building highways .from .> .the housing centers to the job centers
    that go for tens of miles without .> .exit ramps. I think we can, and should, build highways that
    are raised .over .> .small canyons and gullies instead of filling in these dips in the .landscape .>
    .so the highway can be flat. .> .> We don't need one square inch of more pavement. Idiot. .> .Yeah,
    right. Idiot. . . . .> .It makes perfect sense to me that when we build new housing centers that
    .are .> .removed from the jobs by 50 or 60 miles, then we need transportation .> .infrastructure to
    carry the residents of these centers back and forth to .> .work. .> .> We shouldn't be building
    sprawl. Period. Idiot. . .What else would you build then?

Infill.

.You have zillions of complaints, but not one single solution except to .exterminate the human race.

You are lying. I have never advocated that. As you well know, liar.
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

3. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:51:04 GMT, "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> Do you see any bikes in EBMUD watershed lands? No. That was partly .>
    doe to me. === . .And you make an entire post to point out Blaine's silly typo. . .HYPOCRITE!!! .
    .Bill "Mike is Bambi" S.

Thanks for the information. But I DO know how to spell. As you well know. That was a typo. Of course
    you can't tell the difference.

===

4. On 13 Feb 2004 21:57:17 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

.On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:51:04 GMT, S o r n i wrote: .> .> And you make an entire post to point out
    Blaine's silly typo. .> .> HYPOCRITE!!!
    . .He's not just a hypocrite, he's also an idiot. I INTENTIONALLY don't have .my address match a
    string in my sig - just an additional step to keep the .spambots away. It does tend to confuse the
    really stupid people, who .assume everything that they can't figure out is a mistake on someone
    .else's part. I just consider that a side benefit. :)

Yeah, right. Since you lie about everything else, you are probably lying about this, too.
    ===

5. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:35:07 GMT, Gary S. <[email protected]> wrote:

.On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:37:15 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" .<[email protected]> wrote: . .>> Would that
    be the same Sierra Club that has sent you packing? .>> .>That depends on what the meaning of is is.
    Of course, Mike is going to .>present himself as a welcome member of the SC, yet it is widely known
    that .>he was expelled from the leadership of that organization. It strikes me as .>somewhat
    humorous that Mike is too extreme for the Sierra Club. . .Specifically, Mikey was removed and
    permanently banned from any .elected or appointed leadership position by the national Sierra Club
    .Board of Directors for "Breach of Leadership Trust" or BOLT, in the .Spring of last year. This
    followed similar action by his local .chapter.

Thanks for demonstrating your ignorance. They missed their own deadline for notifying me, and had to
    drop their complaint.

.Published minutes of SC meetings include this. As is typical in .volunteer organizations, actions
    involving disciplinary action are .handled in closed session, and not fully spelled out in the
    minutes .except for the final resolution. . .He tried to get another volunteer SC member (with whom
    he disagreed) .fired from his job, and that was the specific justification for this .action.

You are lying. You have no idea what happened, obviously.

.They also considered revoking his Sierra Club membership, but have not .yet done so. If he
    continues to represent himself as the Chair (or .former Chair) of the Wildlife Subcommittee of the
    Sierra Club, this .could be revisited. . .The word from SC Club members who know of him is that he
    is considered .a joke. . .Apparently the Wildlife Subcommittee is now defunct.

Not true. It continues as always. But how would you know, being 3000 miles away?

.Happy trails, .Gary (net.yogi.bear) .------------------------------------------------ .at the 51st
    percentile of ursine intelligence . .Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA .Please reply to:
    garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

===

6. Mike Romain

Mike Romain Guest

Mike Vandeman wrote:
    >
    > On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:41:27 -0500, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Mike Vandeman wrote: .>
    > . By the way, NO mountain bikers .> .helped .> .> stop any highway projects. .> . .> .None that
    > you know of ...............LIAR .> .> Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to
    > tell. DUH! . .ROTFLMAO!!! . .Mike, that is just too good! . .The rest of the world must be wrong
    > then if you are the only one right, .right?.... . .I know you won't see this, too bad but you
    > said you kill filed me .remember?
    >
    > You are lyng.
    >

So just what does this email you sent me mean then Mike?

Quote MV:

Don't send me any more email. EVER! I added you to my idiot filter.

End quote.

If you have me filtered how can you see my posts?

Now who lying?

Mike
    86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

7. S O R N I

S O R N I Guest

Mike Romain wrote:
    > Quote MV:
    >
    > Don't send me any more email. EVER! I added you to my idiot filter.
    >
    > End quote.
    >
    > If you have me filtered how can you see my posts?
    >
    > Now who lying?

Sigh.

Bill "different filter list for e-mail and Usenet" S.

8. On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:27:55 -0500, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:41:27 -0500, Mike Romain <[email protected]>
    wrote: .> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> .> . By the way, NO mountain bikers .> .> .helped .> .> .>
    stop any highway projects. .> .> . .> .> .None that you know of ...............LIAR .> .> .> .>
    Since I was the ONLY person protesting, it was easy to tell. DUH! .> . .> .ROTFLMAO!!! .> . .>
    .Mike, that is just too good! .> . .> .The rest of the world must be wrong then if you are the only
    one right, .> .right?.... .> . .> .I know you won't see this, too bad but you said you kill filed me
    .> .remember? .> .> You are lyng. .> . .So just what does this email you sent me mean then Mike? .
    .Quote MV: . .Don't send me any more email. EVER! I added you to my idiot filter. . .End quote.

It means just what it said. DUH!

.If you have me filtered how can you see my posts?

Usenet is not email. DUH!

.Now who lying?

No one. Yet.

.Mike .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

===

9. On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:25:55 GMT, "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Romain wrote: .> Quote MV: .> .> Don't send me any more email. EVER! I added you to my idiot
    filter. .> .> End quote. .> .> If you have me filtered how can you see my posts? .> .> Now who
    lying? . .Sigh. . .Bill "different filter list for e-mail and Usenet" S.

I know. Mountain bikers are not teachable. Except that I am the only one who has the guts to say it.
    You don't.
    ===

10. Mike Romain

Mike Romain Guest

Mike Vandeman wrote:
    >
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:25:55 GMT, "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Mike Romain wrote: .> Quote MV: .> .> Don't send me any more email. EVER! I added you to my idiot
    > filter. .> .> End quote. .> .> If you have me filtered how can you see my posts? .> .> Now who
    > lying? . .Sigh. . .Bill "different filter list for e-mail and Usenet" S.
    >
    > I know. Mountain bikers are not teachable. Except that I am the only one who has the guts to say
    > it. You don't.

Well, Mike, I was wrong on that, sorry. I don't know filters, don't use them.

Hey, it's nice to learn something new every day.

Oh, bye the bye, I am a Jeeper off in the bush, not a mountain biker.... I do own a mountain bike
    but have only ever used it in the city on pavement, I prefer my CJ7 off road...

Mike
    86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

11. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:00:44 -0500, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:25:55 GMT, "S o r n i" <[email protected]>
    wrote: .> .> .Mike Romain wrote: .> .> Quote MV: .> .> .> .> Don't send me any more email. EVER! I
    added you to my idiot filter. .> .> .> .> End quote. .> .> .> .> If you have me filtered how can you
    see my posts? .> .> .> .> Now who lying? .> . .> .Sigh. .> . .> .Bill "different filter list for e-
    mail and Usenet" S. .> .> I know. Mountain bikers are not teachable. Except that I am the only one
    who has .> the guts to say it. You don't. . .Well, Mike, I was wrong on that, sorry. I don't know
    filters, don't use .them. . .Hey, it's nice to learn something new every day. . .Oh, bye the bye, I
    am a Jeeper off in the bush, not a mountain .biker.... I do own a mountain bike but have only ever
    used it in the .city on pavement, I prefer my CJ7 off road... . .Mike .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG
    Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Your point?
    ===

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.