Threat from a Typical Mountain Biker

Mike Vandeman

Guest
Thanks -- you are really helping your cause!

mta823.mail.sc5.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:50:21 -0800 X-Originating-IP:
[66.163.169.15] Received: from web21504.mail.yahoo.com (web21504.mail.yahoo.com [66.163.169.15]) by
vmj-ext.prodigy.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with SMTP id i126oKtH024106 for <[email protected]>; Mon, 2
Feb 2004 01:50:20 -0500 Message-ID: <[email protected]> Received:
from [216.145.49.15] by web21504.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:50:18 PST Date: Sun, 1
Feb 2004 22:50:18 -0800 (PST) From: b p <[email protected]> Subject: mountain bike or die To:
[email protected] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-122005766-
1075704618=:90091"

see you in china camp 2morrow - come see us and we will take you for a ride you will never forget,
trails are wet... tires run deep. we be looking for roots and trail boundaries to stick our big fat
off road meat into.

love and kisses, hope to run you over.

btw... go raw! NOTHING OVER 105!!!

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

You must really like to generallize people. It seems to me that you like to take the actions of a few bad apples in a group(mountainbikers) and apply thier actions to the whole group and then badmouth them.

Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype mountain bikers then I'm sure you also believe that all blacks are criminals, all jews are greedy and all mexicans are lazy--etc...etc..

IMO, if you stereotype one group them you must sterotype them all.

Now excuse me while I get out and go ride some of the beautiful trails here in WV.

"DaveWV" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You must really like to generallize people. It seems to me that you like to take the actions of a
> few bad apples in a group(mountainbikers) and apply thier actions to the whole group and then
> badmouth them.
>
> Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype mountain bikers then I'm sure you
> also believe that all blacks are criminals, all jews are greedy and all mexicans are lazy--
> etc...etc..
>
> IMO, if you stereotype one group them you must sterotype them all.
>
> Now excuse me while I get out and go ride some of the beautiful trails here in WV.
>

> --

Have a wall near you? Ram your head into it. You'll get the same satisfaction.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:51:20 GMT, DaveWV <[email protected]> wrote:

.You must really like to generallize people. It seems to me that you like .to take the actions of a
few bad apples in a group(mountainbikers) and .apply thier actions to the whole group and then
badmouth them.

Exactly the point. It ISN'T just a few bad apples. It is typical of all the mountain bikers I have
met, in person or on the 'net.

.Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype mountain .bikers

It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to generalize from a large sample.

then I'm sure you also believe that all blacks are criminals, all .jews are greedy and all mexicans
are lazy--etc...etc.. . .IMO, if you stereotype one group them you must sterotype them all.

Sorry, wrong.

===

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:07:00 -0500, "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."DaveWV" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> You must really like to generallize people. It
seems to me that you like .> to take the actions of a few bad apples in a group(mountainbikers) and
.> apply thier actions to the whole group and then badmouth them. .> .> Since you have shown on this
board that you like to stereotype mountain .> bikers then I'm sure you also believe that all blacks
are criminals, all .> jews are greedy and all mexicans are lazy--etc...etc.. .> .> IMO, if you
stereotype one group them you must sterotype them all. .> .> Now excuse me while I get out and go
ride some of the beautiful trails .> here in WV. .> .> .> .> -- .> .> . .Have a wall near you? Ram
your head into it. You'll get the same .satisfaction.

Ah ... the voice of experience! :)
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:51:20 GMT, DaveWV <[email protected]>
wrote:

> .You must really like to generallize people. It seems to me that you like .to take the actions of
> a few bad apples in a group(mountainbikers) and .apply thier actions to the whole group and then
> badmouth them.
>
> Exactly the point. It ISN'T just a few bad apples. It is typical of all
the
> mountain bikers I have met, in person or on the 'net.
>
> .Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype mountain .bikers
>
> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to generalize
from a
> large sample.
>
> then I'm sure you also believe that all blacks are criminals, all .jews are greedy and all
> mexicans are lazy--etc...etc.. . .IMO, if you stereotype one group them you must sterotype
> them all.
>
> Sorry, wrong.
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

hehehe, you are really incredible.

you quote science allowing you to generalize yet you always forget the first rule of science. In God
we trust. In all else, provide data.

the funny thing is that for the amount of carbon dioxide that comes out of your mouth, you can
never provide any data to support your statements. You simply resort to the "liar, liar, pants on
fire" defense or the always popular "I have a PhD and you don't so I must be right". of course,
you fail to include in that argument that your post graduate degree has zero to do with ecology,
environmental conservation, or essentially anything else relevent to your rambling statements.
But then, admitting as much would discredit yourself further so it's obvious why you don't bring
those facts up.

if you actually presented an actual scientific paper on "typical Mountain Bikers" to your colleagues
in acedemia (not the other enviro-quacks you hang out with but actual academic colleagues who are
smart and like, publish) without providing any actual scientific data that can be substantiated by
independent testing (you know, like all research is supposed to be able to be verified by
independent people) you'd be laughed right out of the conference.

Oh well, continue to spew your lies and claim superior intellignece over us stoopid peeple.

Michael

> .Since you have shown on this board that you like to stereotype mountain .bikers
>
> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to generalize
from a
> large sample.

Why are observations just like science when you make them, but lies when anybody else makes them?

I have over 30 years of observations that say your observations are inaccurate at best more than 95%
of the time. Your observations are rooted in science while mine are rooted in lies. How, exactly,
does that work?

It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that everybody that engages in a
particular activity is wrong, then you complain that a few of those people get annoyed enough to
hurl insults back in your face. Isn't that similar to the plight of the black community when some
insensitive idiot calls them all ****ers, then complains that somebody beats the **** out of him in
a dark alley?

You are a moron and a buffoon, but I would never say that all PhDs share these traits. These traits
are not unique to you by any stretch of the imagination, but they are traits that only you have as
far as I can discern.

> Thanks -- you are really helping your cause!

Feb
> 2004 22:50:21 -0800 Return-Path: <[email protected]> Received: from vmj-ext.prodigy.net
> (207.115.63.108) by mta823.mail.sc5.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:50:21 -0800 X-Originating-
> IP: [66.163.169.15] Received: from web21504.mail.yahoo.com (web21504.mail.yahoo.com
[66.163.169.15])
> by vmj-ext.prodigy.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with SMTP id
i126oKtH024106
> for <[email protected]>; Mon, 2 Feb 2004 01:50:20 -0500 Message-ID:
> <[email protected]> Received: from [216.145.49.15] by
> web21504.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun,
01 Feb
> 2004 22:50:18 PST Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:50:18 -0800 (PST) From: b p <[email protected]>
> Subject: mountain bike or die To: [email protected] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type:
> multipart/alternative;
boundary="0-122005766-1075704618=:90091"

> see you in china camp 2morrow - come see us and we will take you for a
ride you
> will never forget, trails are wet... tires run deep. we be looking for
roots
> and trail boundaries to stick our big fat off road meat into.
>
> love and kisses, hope to run you over.
>
> btw... go raw! NOTHING OVER 105!!!

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:31:53 -0800, "RobD" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> Thanks -- you are really helping your cause!
.> .> X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via web80308.mail.yahoo.com; Sun, 01 .Feb .> 2004
[...]

It's nice to know that you guys still keep talking about me, even when I'm not around. :)
===

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> .Since you have shown on this board that you
like to stereotype mountain .> .bikers .> .> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is
valid to generalize .from a .> large sample. .> . .Why are observations just like science when you
make them, but lies when .anybody else makes them?

Because you LIE. DUH!

.I have over 30 years of observations that say your observations are .inaccurate at best more than
95% of the time.

You are talking about opinions, NOT observations. You don't even know what an observation is.

Your observations are rooted .in science while mine are rooted in lies. How, exactly, does
that work?

I don't know. Why do you lie so much?

.It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that .everybody that engages in a
particular activity is wrong, then you complain .that a few of those people get annoyed enough to
hurl insults back in your .face. Isn't that similar to the plight of the black community when some
.insensitive idiot calls them all ****ers, then complains that somebody beats .the **** out of him
in a dark alley? . .You are a moron and a buffoon, but I would never say that all PhDs share .these
traits. These traits are not unique to you by any stretch of the .imagination, but they are traits
that only you have as far as I can discern.

You discern zip, liar.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:49:27 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> .Since you have shown on this board that
> you like to stereotype
mountain
> .> .bikers .> .> It's called "observation". Just like science, it is valid to generalize .from a
> .> large sample. .> . .Why are observations just like science when you make them, but lies when
> .anybody else makes them?
>
> Because you LIE. DUH!

And you don't?

Yeah, right!

> .I have over 30 years of observations that say your observations are .inaccurate at best more than
> 95% of the time.
>
> You are talking about opinions, NOT observations. You don't even know what
an
> observation is.

Wrong. I am talking about observations. You apparently do not know what an opinion is.

> Your observations are rooted .in science while mine are rooted in lies. How, exactly, does
> that work?
>
> I don't know. Why do you lie so much?

That was a rhetorical question, idiot.

> .It astounds me that you go around making brash generalizations that .everybody that engages in a
> particular activity is wrong, then you
complain
> .that a few of those people get annoyed enough to hurl insults back in
your
> .face. Isn't that similar to the plight of the black community when some .insensitive idiot calls
> them all ****ers, then complains that somebody
beats
> .the **** out of him in a dark alley? . .You are a moron and a buffoon, but I would never say that
> all PhDs share .these traits. These traits are not unique to you by any stretch of the
> .imagination, but they are traits that only you have as far as I can
discern.

> You discern zip, liar.

Yeah, right.

Your lies are scientific observation when everybody else's observations are lies. You really need to
pull your head out of your ass and take a breath of fresh air.

Mike is a toll with a degree. This makes him the absolute worst kind of troll because people that
don't know better will think his degree makes him credible, and silence from those that do know
better simply add credence to the mistake of those that do not know better.

You can choose to ignore my trolling, and nobody will know the difference because I haven't got the
degree. But when a PhD speaks out, the knee-jerk reaction of lesser people is to nod approvingly and
take the comments at face value. Mike's comments MUST NEVER be taken at face value.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> Mike is a toll with a degree. This makes him the absolute worst kind of troll because people that
> don't know better will think his degree makes him credible, and silence from those that do know
> better simply add credence to the mistake of those that do not know better.
>
> You can choose to ignore my trolling, and nobody will know the difference because I haven't
> got the degree. But when a PhD speaks out, the knee-jerk reaction of lesser people is to
> nod approvingly and take the comments at face value. Mike's comments MUST NEVER be taken at
> face value.

No, "Mike" is an experimental computer up at MIT that has been charged with creating and defending a
social position. "His" parameters are: -develop a socially acceptable, evironmentally-centric cause
-promote this cause -defend this cause -defend "his" character when contradicted -use logic and counter-
logic to develop plausible arguments

Quite a project for the real PhDs up there! Many bugs to overcome...

John

John Galt wrote:

> No, "Mike" is an experimental computer up at MIT that has been charged with creating and defending
> a social position. "His" parameters are: -develop a socially acceptable, evironmentally-centric
> cause -promote this cause -defend this cause -defend "his" character when contradicted -use logic
> and counter-logic to develop plausible arguments
>
> Quite a project for the real PhDs up there! Many bugs to overcome...

My old Pong Machine had more logic in its little paddle than the Vandebaitor.

Bill "Duh!" S.

John Galt wrote:

>No, "Mike" is an experimental computer up at MIT that has been charged with creating and defending
>a social position. "His" parameters are: -develop a socially acceptable, evironmentally-centric
>cause -promote this cause -defend this cause -defend "his" character when contradicted -use logic
>and counter-logic to develop plausible arguments
>
>Quite a project for the real PhDs up there! Many bugs to overcome...
>
>John

Yep. Beginning with step 1; it's clear they're really stuck on that one.

Pete H

--
Freedom is participation in power. Cicero

John Galt wrote:-
> No, "Mike" is an experimental computer up at MIT that has been charged with creating and defending
> a social position. "His" parameters are: -develop a socially acceptable, evironmentally-centric
> cause -promote this cause -defend this cause -defend "his" character when contradicted -use logic
> and counter-logic to develop plausible arguments
>
> Quite a project for the real PhDs up there! Many bugs to overcome...
>
> John

That was similar to my theory, but mike is a complex AI programme intended to try and pass the
Turing test.

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:52:02 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Haller"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>John Galt wrote:-
>> No, "Mike" is an experimental computer up at MIT that has been charged with creating and
>> defending a social position. "His" parameters are: -develop a socially acceptable, evironmentally-
>> centric cause -promote this cause -defend this cause -defend "his" character when contradicted
>> -use logic and counter-logic to develop plausible arguments
>>
>> Quite a project for the real PhDs up there! Many bugs to overcome...
>>
>> John
>
>That was similar to my theory, but mike is a complex AI programme intended to try and pass the
>Turing test.

You give too much credit.

MIT pranks tend to be much more entertaining and clever.

They say that if you give a million monkeys a million keyboards and let them type away, one will
produce the works of Shakespeare.

Mikey may be one of the other 999,999.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

Graham Haller wrote:

>>That was similar to my theory, but mike is a complex AI programme intended to try and pass the
>>Turing test.

No contest. The self-propelled, auto-recharging corkscrew wins hands down.

Pete H

--

Gary S. wrote:

>They say that if you give a million monkeys a million keyboards and let them type away, one will
>produce the works of Shakespeare.

The only flaw here is that I belive the equation also allows a billion years. We don't have that
much time; the ice in my drink will melt before then.

>Mikey may be one of the other 999,999.

Nah. That's too many possible votes in agreement with Mikey's monomaniacle blither-blather. In this
small fraction of the stipulated billion years, I've only seen one "maybe."

Pete H

--
Freedom is participation in power. Cicero