Three corner spoke wrench

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bruni, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Bruni

    Bruni Guest

    I believe you refer to the Spokey. Knowing the name should help your search
    at the LBS. Pedros has a version IMHO improves on it. You get both open
    slots and 3 corner, and it engages more of the nipple so distorting and
    shearing it less. DT has the Rolls version (if you ask the price, you can't
    afford it) and it is a little faster than Pedros. but definitely an
    expensive toy for many.
    Tom

    --
    Bruni Bicycles
    "Where art meets science"
    Adam Rush <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I remember in on of the shops I worked in, we had this fantastic red
    > spoke wrench which would never slip. It would go around three corners
    > of the nipple. Does anybody know where I could get one of these
    > three-corner wrenches?
    >
    > Also, and this is to you, Sheldon, what is so hilarious about the
    > instruction sheet to the Minoura Folding Dishing Gauge?

    Tags:

  2. Adam Rush

    Adam Rush Guest

    I remember in on of the shops I worked in, we had this fantastic red
    spoke wrench which would never slip. It would go around three corners
    of the nipple. Does anybody know where I could get one of these
    three-corner wrenches?

    Also, and this is to you, Sheldon, what is so hilarious about the
    instruction sheet to the Minoura Folding Dishing Gauge?

  3. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > I believe you refer to the Spokey. Knowing the name should help your
    search
    > at the LBS.

    Yep Spokey, Sheldon sells them.

    "Bruni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]
    > I believe you refer to the Spokey. Knowing the name should help your

    search
    > at the LBS. Pedros has a version IMHO improves on it. You get both

    open
    > slots and 3 corner, and it engages more of the nipple so distorting

    and
    > shearing it less. DT has the Rolls version (if you ask the price,

    you can't
    > afford it) and it is a little faster than Pedros. but definitely an
    > expensive toy for many.
    > Tom
    >
    > --
    > Bruni Bicycles
    > "Where art meets science"
    > brunibicycles.com
    > 410.426.3420
    > Adam Rush <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I remember in on of the shops I worked in, we had this fantastic

    red
    > > spoke wrench which would never slip. It would go around three

    corners
    > > of the nipple. Does anybody know where I could get one of these
    > > three-corner wrenches?
    > >
    > > Also, and this is to you, Sheldon, what is so hilarious about the
    > > instruction sheet to the Minoura Folding Dishing Gauge?

  4. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
    says...

    >I remember in on of the shops I worked in, we had this fantastic red
    >spoke wrench which would never slip. It would go around three corners
    >of the nipple. Does anybody know where I could get one of these
    >three-corner wrenches?
    >
    >Also, and this is to you, Sheldon, what is so hilarious about the
    >instruction sheet to the Minoura Folding Dishing Gauge?

    Probably the Spokey spoke wrench. I have one and I like it alot.
    Alex