Three giant steps back for Julich today.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jim Flom, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    155th place JULICH Bobby USA CSC at 42' 20"

    Tags:

  2. He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
    pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > 155th place JULICH Bobby USA CSC at 42' 20"

  3. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

    Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

    > He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
    > pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

    Yeah, Bjarne told that just before the last climb. Just when Jens
    thought he could go up there in comfort mode.
    Btw. I don't think the fact that his breakaway was another tactical
    manouver by Riis has been mentioned here.

  4. On 2004-07-17, Erik van Leeuwen <[email protected]> wrote:
    > He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
    > pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

    From http://www.team-csc.com/ny_index.asp?n_id=345

    "Unfortunately for Team CSC Bobby Julich crashed on one of the first
    descends, and as a result crossed the finish line in a group with Kurt-Asle
    Arvesen and others, almost 45 minutes behind Armstrong. Julich injured his
    right hand and has to go thru X-rays later this evening. Before today's
    stage Julich was 17th in the GC."

    --
    Stig Are M. Botterli
    [email protected]

  5. Jim Flom wrote:

    > 155th place JULICH Bobby USA CSC at 42' 20"

    Probably setting himself up for the next CSC attack on an upcoming stage.