Three giant steps back for Julich today.

He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

Erik van Leeuwen wrote:

> He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
> pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

Yeah, Bjarne told that just before the last climb. Just when Jens
thought he could go up there in comfort mode.
Btw. I don't think the fact that his breakaway was another tactical
manouver by Riis has been mentioned here.

On 2004-07-17, Erik van Leeuwen <[email protected]> wrote:
> He fell somewhere in the stage and that's why Jens Voigt was told to keep
> pulling being the 3rd man for the team classification.

From http://www.team-csc.com/ny_index.asp?n_id=345

"Unfortunately for Team CSC Bobby Julich crashed on one of the first
descends, and as a result crossed the finish line in a group with Kurt-Asle
Arvesen and others, almost 45 minutes behind Armstrong. Julich injured his
right hand and has to go thru X-rays later this evening. Before today's
stage Julich was 17th in the GC."

--
Stig Are M. Botterli
[email protected]

Jim Flom wrote:

> 155th place JULICH Bobby USA CSC at 42' 20"

Probably setting himself up for the next CSC attack on an upcoming stage.