Epicridergmac 365

Musher 340

Esandman 370

The holster 370

Joemw 380

Throrman 340

Very impressive!

mises said:
So I would guess that none of them are <=60kg. ;-)
Musher ,Master 51 y. 63 kg (5.4 w/kg) :p i'm working on FTP360 ;) w,i am able to improve my wattage with Hunter Allan pre-built TH Power plan,i started in Oct. 05 with 260 watts plan . Have Fun, "No Pain No gain"?:eek:

Despite averaging well over 370 watts in the TT last weekend, I still got around 5th overall...but probably becuause I only used clip on TT bars. But rest assured, there are some powerhouses out there that have an FT around 390-400 watts--One monster that I'm riding with at collegiate nationals TTT has an FT around 390 watts. Amazing stuff. And he only weighs 73 Kg. That's some outrageous power/weight ratio like 5.4.

Lesson is, there is always a stronger, higer FT powered rider than you.

At the same time, I have no intention of letting my FT stay at 365 for the rest of the year. The goal is 73 Kg and 370 watts at FT.

musher said:
Musher ,Master 51 y. 63 kg (5.4 w/kg) :p i'm working on FTP360 ;) w,i am able to improve my wattage with Hunter Allan pre-built TH Power plan,i started in Oct. 05 with 260 watts plan . Have Fun, "No Pain No gain"?:eek:
Bajezus! Do you win like every masters race you do with any climbs? Going to masters Nats this year? BTW, is that measured at the hub or the cranks?

The problem with the FTP #'s is it's all relative to weight. I weigh around 100kg and can't really climb, I look more like an football lineman (or rugby lock) than a cyclist. But on flat (or lightly rolling) time trials the weight isn't as much a factor and I can do alright.

Erik

EpicriderGMAC said:
Despite averaging well over 370 watts in the TT last weekend, I still got around 5th overall...but probably becuause I only used clip on TT bars. But rest assured, there are some powerhouses out there that have an FT around 390-400 watts--One monster that I'm riding with at collegiate nationals TTT has an FT around 390 watts. Amazing stuff. And he only weighs 73 Kg. That's some outrageous power/weight ratio like 5.4.

Lesson is, there is always a stronger, higer FT powered rider than you.

At the same time, I have no intention of letting my FT stay at 365 for the rest of the year. The goal is 73 Kg and 370 watts at FT.

What distance and what was your time for it?

musher said:
That's made my day a lot brighter;
I have just started the 8 week Hunter Allen Time Trial plan, and if your improvement is anything to go by, I'll be flying in July :cool:

bigbevans said:
What distance and what was your time for it?
It was a 21 Km T, slightly hilly with a cross-headwind. Time was 30:25. The fastest time on the day was an amazing 28:10--a Cat 1 TT specalist with a very aero bike, position, and wheels. Considering I wasn't even using anything other than 28 spoked wheels on Mavic rims, on my road bike, I didn't feel too bad with him beating me.

BTW, I weigh 76 Kg right now.

musher said:
Just out of curiosity, what are you using to measure power?

Scott

EpicriderGMAC said:
It was a 21 Km T, slightly hilly with a cross-headwind. Time was 30:25. The fastest time on the day was an amazing 28:10--a Cat 1 TT specalist with a very aero bike, position, and wheels. Considering I wasn't even using anything other than 28 spoked wheels on Mavic rims, on my road bike, I didn't feel too bad with him beating me.

Thanks that's interesting. I have done two 10 mile time trials on a slightly hilly course recently. The first one was windy the second was a bit more still. My times,power and speed were 23:53 (255 watts,25.1 mph) and 22:41 (259 watts, 26.45 mph). I weigh 75kgs and am 167cm, I do have an aero bike though.

bigbevans said:
Thanks that's interesting. I have done two 10 mile time trials on a slightly hilly course recently. The first one was windy the second was a bit more still. My times,power and speed were 23:53 (255 watts,25.1 mph) and 22:41 (259 watts, 26.45 mph). I weigh 75kgs and am 167cm, I do have an aero bike though.
It's tough to compare average speeds on time trail courses, especially on different days of the week. Wind speeds change so much....but a time of 23:55 sounds great! At the same time, it was a short TT--you can get your FT up a lot higher with some more L4 work at your weight! Good luck in TT's, I'm hooked now after coming from a mtb backround.

Looking at the difference in power outputs compared to other riders, I put put out significantly more watts than other similarly weighted riders who had aero bikes and wheels. My AP was 375 watts, while other riders were just 30 sec behind me averaging 310 watts. I'm sold--Aero stuff makes a HUGE difference.

EpicriderGMAC said:
Looking at the difference in power outputs compared to other riders, I put put out significantly more watts than other similarly weighted riders who had aero bikes and wheels. My AP was 375 watts, while other riders were just 30 sec behind me averaging 310 watts. I'm sold--Aero stuff makes a HUGE difference.
Remember-even more important than equipment is body position. If you haven't focused on getting a really aero position, you could eek out a solid chunk of speed there, too.

(I'm definitely not saying discs, deep dish wheels, etc, don't make a difference-they do, unfortunately.)

Perhaps we should try and get an idea of who has the highest Watts/KG for FT, slightly more informative than just the FT.

EpicriderGMAC said:

If you don't mind me asking, what college do you ride for?

musher said:
Can I ask, how these were measured or more strictly what on? I ride an SRM pro and when fit can do a near 30mph 10 miler on a flat to rolling course but average 300 watts. If I could do 370 watts at 72 kg then I reckon that I would be nearly unbeatable. On my road bike I get more power and on the turbo less. On the lo pro on the trainer however I have all on to do 15 mins @ 260 watts.

The lower and more arero you go the more power is lost. If your watts are over an hour mine are around 280 to do a 53min 40K then this is even more impressive and another 100 watts would put me in the 40 something bracket and only a very few in the UK can do that.

EpicriderGMAC said:
It's tough to compare average speeds on time trail courses, especially on different days of the week. Wind speeds change so much....but a time of 23:55 sounds great! At the same time, it was a short TT--you can get your FT up a lot higher with some more L4 work at your weight! Good luck in TT's, I'm hooked now after coming from a mtb backround.

375 is huge power. One thing to bear in mind is as you move into a more aero position you may possibly loose a bit of power, but the advanatage of the aero position will far outweigh the power loss. Have fun.

AndROOb said:
That's made my day a lot brighter;
I have just started the 8 week Hunter Allen Time Trial plan, and if your improvement is anything to go by, I'll be flying in July :cool:
Yes ,you maybe flying and maybe NOT,those w/o are not easy:( you will have to put a lot of hard WORK:eek:" No pain No gain":)

57x11 said:
The lower and more arero you go the more power is lost. If your watts are over an hour mine are around 280 to do a 53min 40K then this is even more impressive and another 100 watts would put me in the 40 something bracket and only a very few in the UK can do that.
I've had an interesting week in discovering that I can do a 10mileTT in 23:14(H10/8), and 22:52(P613), with an NP of ~255w. Ihad been expecting to need ~270w to get under 24 minutes based on speed/power/time software.
My initial target this year is to go under the hour for a 40K, and this again doesn't seem quite so distant in terms of FT power required.

I'm at the end of week 2 of the Hunter Allen TT plan, and tough as it is, I'm really enjoying the workouts. The TT's I've mentioed are what I've supplemented into the daily training, and I have a 25m(40K) booked(P881/25) for the end of week 4, which is a rest week. This should be a good time to test my ability over the hour. If I go under the hour, you'll know about it.