thrid time on Atkins.Its not working .

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Mar 14, 2006.

  1. Hey

    The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds in
    the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    reached my weight goal. After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    square one so I did it again . This time again I lost like the same
    weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery). This
    time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any weight .
    Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of atkins you
    actually see results so you keep up the diet ) . Anyways the only thing
    I am doing different this time is that I am excercizing a lot more.Gym
    everyday for one and a half hours plus taking some weight loss
    supplements ( my blood pressure is insane right now ) . Just wondering
    if going to the gym might be the reason its not working right now. I
    saw another posting which said this was the case. I mean if it is do I
    actually start losing weight eventually or should I quit going to the
    Gym.
    Any suggetions would be helpful
    Btw
    Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    :: Hey
    ::
    :: The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds
    :: in the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    :: reached my weight goal.

    Then you weren't doing Atkins. You don't ever leave it because you reached
    your goal weight. You stay on it for exactly that reason.

    After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    :: square one so I did it again . This time again I lost like the same
    :: weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery).

    You have established the pattern of a yo-yo dieter.

    :: This time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any
    :: weight . Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of
    :: atkins you actually see results so you keep up the diet ) .

    That is not the whole point of Atkins. The initial weight loss is mostly
    water weight anyway.

    Anyways
    :: the only thing I am doing different this time is that I am
    :: excercizing a lot more.Gym everyday for one and a half hours plus
    :: taking some weight loss supplements ( my blood pressure is insane
    :: right now ) .

    What weight loss supplements? What do they have to do with your BP?

    Just wondering if going to the gym might be the reason
    :: its not working right now. I saw another posting which said this was
    :: the case. I mean if it is do I actually start losing weight
    :: eventually or should I quit going to the Gym.

    No, don't quit going to the gym. You might just be holding more water in
    the muscles due to the new stimulation.

    What you need to do is post some menus here to make sure you're doing
    induction right (frankly, I don't believe you know how Atkins is done).
    Then you need to stick to the program for way longer than 10 days. You need
    to tell use your gender, weight, and height (age helps too).

    :: Any suggetions would be helpful
    :: Btw
    :: Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    Did you buy to book? Atkins is very clear on what foods are allowed on
    induction. The book can be had for very little.

  3. Roger Zoul wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > :: Hey
    > ::
    > :: The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds
    > :: in the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    > :: reached my weight goal.
    >
    > Then you weren't doing Atkins. You don't ever leave it because you reached
    > your goal weight. You stay on it for exactly that reason.
    >
    > After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    > :: square one so I did it again . This time again I lost like the same
    > :: weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery).
    >
    > You have established the pattern of a yo-yo dieter.
    >
    > :: This time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any
    > :: weight . Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of
    > :: atkins you actually see results so you keep up the diet ) .
    >
    > That is not the whole point of Atkins. The initial weight loss is mostly
    > water weight anyway.
    >
    > Anyways
    > :: the only thing I am doing different this time is that I am
    > :: excercizing a lot more.Gym everyday for one and a half hours plus
    > :: taking some weight loss supplements ( my blood pressure is insane
    > :: right now ) .
    >
    > What weight loss supplements? What do they have to do with your BP?

    That's what I was wondering too. If your blood pressure is insane,
    that's serious and you should be on a prescription drug for that, not
    supplements. And according to Atkins, blood pressure medications, beta
    blockers, diuretics, are high on the list of drugs that can slow or
    prevent weight loss.

    > Just wondering if going to the gym might be the reason
    > :: its not working right now. I saw another posting which said this was
    > :: the case. I mean if it is do I actually start losing weight
    > :: eventually or should I quit going to the Gym.
    >
    > No, don't quit going to the gym. You might just be holding more water in
    > the muscles due to the new stimulation.

    I've noticed this effect myself. It seems if I've been excercising,
    when I weigh myself the next day or two, it's rare to see my weight go
    down. Far more likely to bounce up a pound or two or remain flat.

    > What you need to do is post some menus here to make sure you're doing
    > induction right (frankly, I don't believe you know how Atkins is done).
    > Then you need to stick to the program for way longer than 10 days. You need
    > to tell use your gender, weight, and height (age helps too).
    >
    > :: Any suggetions would be helpful
    > :: Btw
    > :: Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?
    >
    > Did you buy to book? Atkins is very clear on what foods are allowed on
    > induction. The book can be had for very little.

    I second that advice. The book covers all that we just discussed here
    in great detail.

  4. [email protected] wrote:

    > The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds in
    > the induction phase and kept losing weight .

    Did you follow all four phases and continue to lose like it
    says in the directions, or did you stay on Induction and
    continue to lose? My point is that the 4th phase is
    called "Maintenance" and there's a reason for that.

    > I left it cause i had reached my weight goal.

    Isn't that rather like saying the pain stopped so you resumed
    hitting yourself with a hammer? Just in case you don't know
    the biggest open secret in the dieting world - The ones who
    don't quit are the ones who are successfull.

    > After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    > square one so I did it again .

    That's called yoyo dieting. It runs against the directions in
    the book. Do you know the title is "Doctor Atkins New Diet
    Revolution"? Edition 1972 doesn't have the word New.
    Editions 1993, 1999 and 2002 do.

    > This time again I lost like the same
    > weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery).

    Surgery is not a reason to exit the plan. Few hospitals will
    feed you At-food while you're in there but being forced
    off-proccess for a while does *not* equal quiting.

    > This
    > time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any weight .

    In reality it is your least serious attempt. Think about it.
    When you can explain why my statement is true, then you
    will be ready for a serious attempt.

    > Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of atkins you
    > actually see results so you keep up the diet ) .

    Why are you even on the scale in only 10 days?

    > Anyways the only thing
    > I am doing different this time is that I am excercizing a lot more.Gym
    > everyday for one and a half hours

    That's good stuff.

    > plus taking some weight loss
    > supplements ( my blood pressure is insane right now ) .

    Few supplements have anything to do with weight loss or blood
    pressure. Supplements are a belt-and-suspenders precaution
    that assumes the veggies we are required to eat don't have
    their expected nutrients.

    Again on the book which it seems clear you haven't read.
    Doing Atkins is supposed to handle blood pressure problems
    for almost everyone. In fact, the percentage of folks seeing
    BP advantages is higher than any supplement or med.

    > Just wondering
    > if going to the gym might be the reason its not working right now.

    1) In 10 days you have no clue if it's working. There's no good
    reason to even step on the scale until the end of Induction for
    folks who can't be objective about the scale, and you're clearly
    not objective at this point.

    2) Starting a new exercise plan does cause the muscles to
    hoard carbs and those carbs are hoarded dissolved in water.
    It's temporary.

    3) Each time you redo Induction it's a different experience.
    There's never the certainty of a repeat of the big water loss from
    the first time.

    > I mean if it is do I actually start losing weight eventually

    Of course you'll lose fat on the normal realistic time scale.

    > or should I quit going to the Gym.

    Stay with that.

    > Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    Plenty can tell you that, but it might keep you from reading the
    book. The answer is in the index and the answer can be figured
    out from even a slight understanding of the principles on which
    Atkins is built.

    First read the book. Then follow the directions. You've done
    fine in the past treating it as a fad diet. Now you'll do fine
    actually following the directions.

  5. Marengo

    Marengo Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    || Hey
    || The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds
    || in the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    || reached my weight goal. After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    || square one so I did it again . This time again I lost like the same
    || weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery).
    || This time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any
    || weight . Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of
    || atkins you actually see results so you keep up the diet ) . Anyways
    || the only thing I am doing different this time is that I am
    || excercizing a lot more.Gym everyday for one and a half hours plus
    || taking some weight loss supplements ( my blood pressure is insane
    || right now ) . Just wondering if going to the gym might be the reason
    || its not working right now. I saw another posting which said this was
    || the case. I mean if it is do I actually start losing weight
    || eventually or should I quit going to the Gym.
    || Any suggetions would be helpful
    || Btw
    || Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    What are you eating?

    Peter

  6. Baby Strange

    Baby Strange Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Hey
    >
    > The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds in
    > the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    > reached my weight goal. After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    > square one so I did it again .

    You've just given the classic illustration of why so many people think
    that Atkins doesn't work over the long term. My dad has a friend who
    did the same thing--he did Atkins, and went from 275 pounds to his goal
    of 225. Once the weight was off, he went back to his old eating habits.
    He now weighs over 300 pounds, and claims that Atkins doesn't work. All
    of which has made it that much harder for me to convince my dad that
    it's safe, effective, and something he might want to try.

    For someone doing Atkins properly, it is not a diet. By "diet" I mean a
    temporary eating plan that you only adhere to while trying to lose
    weight.

    In order to be successful on Atkins, you have to *stay on it.*
    Permanently. Forever. You cannot go off it and go back to your old
    eating habits and maintain the weight loss. Doing Atkins right means
    making permanent changes in the way you eat.

    > This time again I lost like the same
    > weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery).

    Why would you have to stop eating low-carb because of surgery? I
    realize hospital food isn't exactly LC, and that during recovery it may
    have been easier to eat carb-laden prepared foods if you were in no
    shape to cook and didn't have anyone willing to help out with LC
    cooking. But that doesn't mean you have to abandon it altogether, or
    that you couldn't make intelligent choices among the foods available,
    or that you couldn't gradually get back into LC eating as you
    recovered.

    > This
    > time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any weight .
    > Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of atkins you
    > actually see results so you keep up the diet ) .

    You're a yo-yo dieter. Accept the fact that for a lot of people who go
    on and off diets and keep losing and regaining the same weight over and
    over again it gets harder to lose each time.

    You're not going to get instant results--deal with it. If you are
    willing to be patient, and are committed to making a real change over
    the long term, you will gradually see a change for the better. The
    weight will eventually come off. But if the only reason you are doing
    Atkins is to lose weight as quickly as possible, and that's the only
    thing that's keeping you going, you're setting yourself up for failure
    again.

    I just did Induction again, after maintaining a 35-pound weight loss
    for over a year--I want to get rid of the last 20 pounds. I only lost 4
    pounds on Induction, unlike the 15 I lost the first time I did it, and
    I didn't see any signs that it was coming off until day 12 or 13. Now
    that I'm on OWL the weight is still coming off very slowly--about 2
    pounds a week. But it's definitely coming off, and I'm sticking to it
    because I know that if I just keep going I will get rid of those 20
    pounds eventually.

    The "whole point" of Atkins isn't to see fast results--it's to
    *permanently* change your eating habits so you can lose weight, keep it
    off, and be much healthier. Stop thinking in terms of "I want to lose
    that weight NOW!" and start thinking about how you're going to make
    changes in the way you eat for the rest of your life.

    > Anyways the only thing
    > I am doing different this time is that I am excercizing a lot more.Gym
    > everyday for one and a half hours plus taking some weight loss
    > supplements ( my blood pressure is insane right now ) .

    What "weight loss supplements"? What do they have to do with your blood
    pressure? Whatever they are, they are unnecessary. Stop looking for a
    magic pill that will give you quick results.

    You may be retaining water for now because of the increased exercise.
    After only 10 days, it's unlikely that you've built up enough muscle
    mass to compensate for fat burned.

    Do you see changes in your body? Are your clothes looser? Do you have
    more energy?

    > Just wondering
    > if going to the gym might be the reason its not working right now. I
    > saw another posting which said this was the case. I mean if it is do I
    > actually start losing weight eventually or should I quit going to the
    > Gym.

    [sighs] Yeah, stop going to the gym because you haven't seen immediate
    signs of weight loss. That's an *excellent* idea.

    > Any suggetions would be helpful
    > Btw
    > Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    Go read the damned book. If you had, you wouldn't be asking that
    question.

    Go buy a copy, take some time, and read it from cover to cover--not
    just the parts that tell you what to eat. Or, if you have it lying
    around, re-read it so you *understand* it.

    Asking a question that basic after supposedly "doing Atkins" three
    times tells me that you've never really "done" it.

  7. [email protected] writes:

    > Here is what I am eating rite now
    >
    > no breakfast or if I am up early enough I have scrambled eggs
    >
    > For lunch
    >
    > 2 X Burger Patties
    >
    > For Dinner
    >
    > Grilled Chicken or a meatloaf
    >
    > For later dinner or a snack
    >
    > Tuna or turkey slices

    This looks fine, as long as you aren't sneaking too many carbs into
    your meatloaf. Most meatloaf recipes include some bread crumbs or
    crackers or something. Some people also put ketchup on it, which
    could be a problem.

    > Dont suggest any veggies I absolutely hate em .

    That's too bad; they're good for you, and they add variety. You don't
    have to eat them to lose weight, though. You might want to start
    taking a fiber supplement -- or keep a supply of laxative on hand --
    if you're going to stick to a diet of nothing but meat and eggs.

    > Also I was just wondering if any of u guys have tried protein bars .

    Why would you want to eat those? If you want to eat more protein,
    have 3 burger patties for lunch instead of 2.

    > I know I am allowed 40ish grm of carbs in induction ..

    Those must be Celsius carbs or something.

    > I just dont know the nutritional information for them . SO if they
    > are ok could u tell me which are the best ones . I saw something
    > with 4gms of carbs but it cost 5 bucks a bar .

    Well, "best" is a relative term. Picking the "best" protein bar
    sounds a little like picking the "best" way to be kicked in the
    crotch, especially if I have to pay $5 for the privilege.

    --
    Aaron -- [email protected] -- 285/245/200
    http://360.yahoo.com/aaron_baugher

  8. Lee Rodgers

    Lee Rodgers Guest

    >On 16 Mar 2006 22:26:01 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
    >I had no choice with the hospital food I mean i had to eat whatever
    >they give me . I left it because of the glocuse drip( which is supposed
    >to have sugarin it ) I was on it for a few days .

    Yes, but ... I am trying so hard ... What do you expect from someone
    with my difficulties?

    ....snippage...

    >Dont suggest any veggies I absolutely hate em .

    Can you please tell me how I can get to New York City? I was once in
    that city and remember basically where it is located. But, don't
    suggest I take a plane or train. I absolutely hate all modes of
    transportation. I want to get there without a road map and definitely
    without using any viable means of successful transport.
    Lee Rodgers
    CHATROOM http://www.lowcarb.org/parachat.html
    Low-Carb Connoisseur puts the dash into low-carb
    http://www.low-carb.com

  9. Lee Rodgers

    Lee Rodgers Guest

    >On 14 Mar 2006 00:09:05 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
    >Hey
    >
    >The first I tried atkins a couple of years ago. Lost like 15 pounds in
    >the induction phase and kept losing weight . I left it cause i had
    >reached my weight goal. After a year of eating carbs I was back at
    >square one so I did it again . This time again I lost like the same
    >weight but had to leave te diest again ( this time i had surgery). This
    >time is my most serious attempt yet but I am not losing any weight .
    >Its only been 10 days ( but that is the whole point of atkins you
    >actually see results so you keep up the diet ) . Anyways the only thing
    >I am doing different this time is that I am excercizing a lot more.Gym
    >everyday for one and a half hours plus taking some weight loss
    >supplements ( my blood pressure is insane right now ) . Just wondering
    >if going to the gym might be the reason its not working right now. I
    >saw another posting which said this was the case. I mean if it is do I
    >actually start losing weight eventually or should I quit going to the
    >Gym.
    >Any suggetions would be helpful
    >Btw
    >Could someone tell me if mayonnaise is allowed ?

    Read the FAQ jack
    http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc

    And here are the rules to Induction:
    http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html

  10. Cheri

    Cheri Guest

    LOL, good to see you posting Lee.

    --
    Cheri

  11. Lee Rodgers wrote:
    >> On 16 Mar 2006 22:26:01 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
    >> I had no choice with the hospital food I mean i had to eat whatever
    >> they give me . I left it because of the glocuse drip( which is
    >> supposed to have sugarin it ) I was on it for a few days .

    > Yes, but ... I am trying so hard ... What do you expect from someone
    > with my difficulties?

    > ....snippage...

    >> Dont suggest any veggies I absolutely hate em .

    > Can you please tell me how I can get to New York City? I was once in
    > that city and remember basically where it is located. But, don't
    > suggest I take a plane or train. I absolutely hate all modes of
    > transportation. I want to get there without a road map and
    > definitely without using any viable means of successful transport.
    > Lee Rodgers CHATROOM http://www.lowcarb.org/parachat.html Low-Carb
    > Connoisseur puts the dash into low-carb http://www.low-carb.com

    I hate it when you get all rational and stuff. And the way you shoot
    down excuses, I mean, jeez, you don't leave a person any way to weasel
    out of taking responsibility...

    And everybody says you're such a nice person... <G>

    Pastorio

  12. Just Wondering

    Whats do u guys eat as a snack ? I live in dorm so i can exactly cook
    food( we have a meal plan ) . Just wondering what is a good food to eat
    for times when the dorm food is not diet friendly .

    Thx

  13. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    :: Just Wondering
    ::
    :: Whats do u guys eat as a snack ? I live in dorm so i can exactly
    :: cook food( we have a meal plan ) . Just wondering what is a good
    :: food to eat for times when the dorm food is not diet friendly .

    Almonds. Just watch the amounts.

  14. [email protected] writes:

    > Whats do u guys eat as a snack ? I live in dorm so i can exactly
    > cook food( we have a meal plan ) . Just wondering what is a good
    > food to eat for times when the dorm food is not diet friendly .

    Boiled eggs (slice them in half and top with mayo and mustard for lazy
    man's devilled eggs), jerky, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, nuts, cheese
    sticks, radishes, pork rinds.

    --
    Aaron -- [email protected] -- 285/245/200
    http://360.yahoo.com/aaron_baugher

  15. I mean to write we cant cook . Thanks for the suggestions guys .Is
    there any decent microwaveable stuff . The hungryman meals and the
    kraft dinners both have a lot of carbs . Anything else you could suggest

  16. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    [email protected]gmail.com wrote:
    :: I mean to write we cant cook . Thanks for the suggestions guys .Is
    :: there any decent microwaveable stuff . The hungryman meals and the
    :: kraft dinners both have a lot of carbs . Anything else you could
    :: suggest

    You really want to avoid packaged & processed foods. I can't think of
    something that comes prepackaged that you can put in the micro.

    Why not canned tuna, sardines, (in addition to those other snack items) etc?

  17. [email protected] writes:

    > I mean to write we cant cook . Thanks for the suggestions guys .Is
    > there any decent microwaveable stuff .

    Not really, because sugar and starches are used as preservatives in
    packaged foods, so even things that could be low-carb if you made them
    yourself will be high-carb when pre-packaged.

    In the microwave, I like to spread shredded cheese on a plate, top
    with mushrooms, jalapenos, or other pizza toppings, and nuke until the
    cheeze is all bubbling. Then just eat with a fork.

    If I have cooked meat, like leftover chicken that I've taken off the
    bone, I'll put it in a bowl with cream cheese and heat it up in the
    microwave and stir for a quick snack.

    --
    Aaron -- [email protected] -- 285/245/200
    http://360.yahoo.com/aaron_baugher

  18. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just Wondering
    >
    > Whats do u guys eat as a snack ? I live in dorm so i can exactly cook
    > food( we have a meal plan ) . Just wondering what is a good food to eat
    > for times when the dorm food is not diet friendly .
    >
    > Thx

    Cheesesticks, cheesesticks, cheesesticks.

  19. [email protected] wrote:

    > Just Wondering
    >
    > Whats do u guys eat as a snack ? I live in dorm so i can exactly cook
    > food( we have a meal plan ) . Just wondering what is a good food to eat
    > for times when the dorm food is not diet friendly .

    During Induction, the highest ratio of fat to any other calories.
    Think pepperoni, salami, leftover steak, boiled eggs. As soon
    as the carb cravings go away (probably second week) watch
    the amounts.

    After Induction, crunchy bulky veggies start to win. Think
    celery sticks with or without cream cheese. Brocolli spears
    with or without ranch dip. Or either with or without a type of
    cheese that doesn't need to be kept cold.

  20. [email protected] wrote:
    > I had no choice with the hospital food I mean i had to eat whatever
    > they give me . I left it because of the glocuse drip( which is supposed
    > to have sugarin it ) I was on it for a few days . Since I already
    > stated I have done this before . I know the whole stages thing . I have
    > read the freaking book sheesh people. I just cant be bothered to look
    > for it ( its probably somewhere at my parents house so i dont have
    > access to it ) . Anways I have started to lose weight I just tried on
    > pair of jeans that didnt fit me perfectly before and its fits fine now
    > . So i guess I have started to lose weight ( the scale hasnt changed
    > yet though ).

    If you don't know whether or not mayo is allowed, you are not doing any
    low-carb program. To even ask the question implies a complete lack of
    comprehension of low-carb.

    > Dont suggest any veggies I absolutely hate em .

    Fine. Let me ask you this - from where are you getting 20 g of carb
    per day? And how are you going to increase carb by 5 grams/day to get
    onto OWL? And continue increasing through the other phases? That is
    Atkins... that you increase carbs gradually, using vegetables, until
    you are on maintenance.

    What you are doing is some random low-carb diet you made up. No
    problem. I do a low-carb diet that I've made up. Just that mine is
    based on informaiton because I'm not an idjit.

    The problem comes when... you ask for advice and then refuse the advice
    you will be given before it's given.

    You want to exclude veggies? Fine. Then the *only* way to increase
    carbs is gonna be sugar/starch, dairy products or fruit.

    If you use sugar/starch to increase your carbs, you are going to be
    doing the yo-yo diet thing forever. Eat meat-only until you lose
    weight, eat sugar and starch until you blow up, lather, rinse, repeat
    until you wind up with diabetes. This is not Atkins, nor any other
    low-carb WOE. It's utter stupidity - what you seem determined to do,
    and you want us to "help" you along. Problem is... we're not stupid
    enough to help with this.

    I personally think using dairy to increase carbs gradually would end up
    a problem in the weight-loss phases. I think if it turns out your OWL
    level is around 50-60 grams of carb, then the amount of dairy you'd
    have to eat to get those carbs would be an *awful* lot of fat, and
    hence calories. I think using dairy as the sole food to titrate
    carbohydrate would interfere with weight loss eventually - it'd work
    for a while, but there'd come a point where it'd stop working. I love
    dairy myself, but I don't try to get all my carbs from it as I eat tons
    of veggies.

    If you wish to use fruit to increase your carbs, that is do-able. You
    pretty much have to stick to melons and berries as they are the only
    relatively low-carb fruits. And... if that is how you're going to do
    the plan... where your maintenance diet, for the rest of your life,
    consists of meat and fruit, that is do-able. If that's what you choose
    to eat for the rest of your life, more power to you. That will work,
    but you're going to have to do the research yourself and become
    knowledgeable about how low-carb diets work as I know of no book that
    has a maintenance plan consisting of meat and fruit.

    Same applies if you decide to use dairy and fruit both - you're going
    to have to do the research and understand the biochemistry to devise
    your own plan.

    > Also I was just wondering if any of u guys have tried protein bars . I
    > know I am allowed 40ish grm of carbs in induction .. I just dont know
    > the nutritional information for them . SO if they are ok could u tell
    > me which are the best ones . I saw something with 4gms of carbs but it
    > cost 5 bucks a bar .

    See, you *don't* know squat. The induction limit is 20 grams. Read a
    freaking book already.

    But... no, you aren't going to do that. You want to change your entire
    lifestyle permanently, but it is too much trouble to find and read a
    book?

    Cause you don't want to change your lifestyle permanently. You wanna
    do a fad diet, yo-yo indefinetly, and just do it wrong again. And you
    want our help doing it wrong. Problem is... we've read the freaking
    books... so we have no help to give you. Yo-yo'ing is worse for your
    health than just staying fat. So... might as well give up right now.

    And even if it *were* too much trouble to locate the book, because you
    live far from all libraries and bookstores and have no card for online
    purchasing, there's the FAQ of this newsgroup if it's *really* too much
    trouble to get the damned book. It's freaking posted all the damned
    time and full of info regarding low-carb of either the Atkins or other
    varieities. You could do low-carb quite successfully without a book if
    you just read that.

    So... it's too much trouble to *read*, but you're gonna change your
    life? Right.

    See... you aren't going to change, you have no commitment to change.
    You're engaging in mental masturbation about change and jerking-around
    the members of this group who are wasting their time replying to you -
    cause you're completly full of shit.

    You're not on Atkins. You're on some fad diet you invented that has no
    correlation with any published low-carb plan nor any reasonable
    homegrown plan.

    I'm having a JC moment here; everything else I want to say would be a
    direct quote of him.