throat chakra hot spot

David Dalton

Guest
(But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described as a nexus of meridians or something?)

In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot spot in and just above the v-notch at the
top of my breastbone, so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat chakra was slightly
higher than that, a little closer to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not in a while,
and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes I pull down my t-shirt to free/open/cool it (but
haven't gone to a v-neck shirt).

So anyway I was just wondering if it might be a sign of anything, or what might be causing it or
whether I should perhaps do any yoga chakra meditation, pranayama or qigong exercises, none of which
I have been doing for a while.

I am hoping that this throat hot spot might be an early sign of a waning crescent high which I hope
might start at summer solstice last quarter. However in the previous five such highs I don't
remember such a hot spot, the only noticeable warning sign of one was an unusual chill especially
leg chill the week before the (last) Aug/Sept 1994 one. But for more discussion of such highs and
related clear sky lightning and solar flares and lunar and sunspot cycle patterns see my web page
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html .

On it I also mention things such as my experience of shaktipat, thorn acupuncture awakening of hands
and feet, mystic spark effects, kundalini effects (the shaktipat, powerful just to the side of third
eye warming during pranayama, shower of sparks out the back top of my head during chakra
meditation), powerful tingling/cooling/warming/throbbing of fingers and hands at times, which I
thought was related to geomagnetic activity but now am not sure, and lots more.

I'd write some more but have to run off home now, but anyway I am mainly interested in the throat
hot spot, though I would also like to learn of any past eastern figures who had cycles like mine (so
far I have a fair bit of evidence for celtic pagan figures but less for others). But for example the
Buddha had seven years of ascetic years, like my low years which I hope will end Saturday [at 7
years and 5 lunar months], and battled Mara [like a waxing gibbous moon trial with release at full
moon], and encountered the Naga water serpent [blue clear sky lightning]. Also Krishna is describe
as the butter thief [so waning butter, or waning crescent moon] and is said to have battled demons
[so again waxing gibbous moon trial with release/resurrection at full moon]. I also relate the blue
lotus/blue Krishna to my blue rose vision. But I do relate myself more to celtic pagan figures such
as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn), Amergin, Cu Chulainn and Myrddin so far.

David http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

Have you tried circulating the Qi back down to the tandian or even the feet? I'd be a bit worried
that the glands may get over stimulated? Rgds, M "David Dalton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described as a nexus of meridians or
> something?)
>
> In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot spot in and just above the v-notch at
> the top of my breastbone, so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat chakra was
> slightly higher than that, a little closer to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not
> in a while, and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes I pull down my t-shirt to
> free/open/cool it (but haven't gone to a v-neck shirt).
>
> So anyway I was just wondering if it might be a sign of anything, or what might be causing it or
> whether I should perhaps do any yoga chakra meditation, pranayama or qigong exercises, none of
> which I have been doing for a while.
>
> I am hoping that this throat hot spot might be an early sign of a waning crescent high which I
> hope might start at summer solstice last quarter. However in the previous five such highs I don't
> remember such a hot spot, the only noticeable warning sign of one was an unusual chill especially
> leg chill the week before the (last) Aug/Sept 1994 one. But for more discussion of such highs and
> related clear sky lightning and solar flares and lunar and sunspot cycle patterns see my web page
> http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html .
>
> On it I also mention things such as my experience of shaktipat, thorn acupuncture awakening of
> hands and feet, mystic spark effects, kundalini effects (the shaktipat, powerful just to the side
> of third eye warming during pranayama, shower of sparks out the back top of my head during chakra
> meditation), powerful tingling/cooling/warming/throbbing of fingers and hands at times, which I
> thought was related to geomagnetic activity but now am not sure, and lots more.
>
> I'd write some more but have to run off home now, but anyway I am mainly interested in the throat
> hot spot, though I would also like to learn of any past eastern figures who had cycles like mine
> (so far I have a fair bit of evidence for celtic pagan figures but less for others). But for
> example the Buddha had seven years of ascetic years, like my low years which I hope will end
> Saturday [at 7 years and 5 lunar months], and battled Mara [like a waxing gibbous moon trial with
> release at full moon], and encountered the Naga water serpent [blue clear sky lightning]. Also
> Krishna is describe as the butter thief [so waning butter, or waning crescent moon] and is said to
> have battled demons [so again waxing gibbous moon trial with release/resurrection at full moon]. I
> also relate the blue lotus/blue Krishna to my blue rose vision. But I do relate myself more to
> celtic pagan figures such as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn), Amergin, Cu Chulainn and Myrddin so far.
>
> David http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

If you're a young guy, do something that will warm up your hips, shoulder girdle and thorax and
after you start feeling flexible do some cambre exercises - e.g., bridge, &c. Eventually you'll feel
a crack in your sternum and there will be a great release of energy. As you age your sternum will
calcify if you don't use it as such so will your tail bone Make sure you're sufficiently warmed up
first otherwise you can strain your lumbar region or sacro-iliac joint If you're in a seasonal
environment it comes on with warmer weather. I just get on my knees (on a padded exercise mat) and
from an abs crunch I go forward and upright on my knees pressing my pelvis forward from my hips,
pointing my feet to not fall forward and go into a back bend with my arms en haut pressing into my
sternum from my back while I stretch it 1/2 down with my abs the other back with my shoulder girdle.
The sternum is where the blockage is. When it cracks it feels like a bicycle tire puncture, you can
almost hear the release of energy. If you experience the crack and make it happen it means you're in
good shape. Once you do it it's easy to repeat, but you have to keep doing it or as you get older
you'll lose it

"David Dalton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> (But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described as a nexus of meridians or
> something?)
>
> In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot spot in and just above the v-notch at
> the top of my breastbone, so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat chakra was
> slightly higher than that, a little closer to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not
> in a while, and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes I pull down my t-shirt to
> free/open/cool it (but haven't gone to a v-neck shirt).
>
> So anyway I was just wondering if it might be a sign of anything, or what might be causing it or
> whether I should perhaps do any yoga chakra meditation, pranayama or qigong exercises, none of
> which I have been doing for a while.
>
> I am hoping that this throat hot spot might be an early sign of a waning crescent high which I
> hope might start at summer solstice last quarter. However in the previous five such highs I don't
> remember such a hot spot, the only noticeable warning sign of one was an unusual chill especially
> leg chill the week before the (last) Aug/Sept 1994 one. But for more discussion of such highs and
> related clear sky lightning and solar flares and lunar and sunspot cycle patterns see my web page
> http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html .
>
> On it I also mention things such as my experience of shaktipat, thorn acupuncture awakening of
> hands and feet, mystic spark effects, kundalini effects (the shaktipat, powerful just to the side
> of third eye warming during pranayama, shower of sparks out the back top of my head during chakra
> meditation), powerful tingling/cooling/warming/throbbing of fingers and hands at times, which I
> thought was related to geomagnetic activity but now am not sure, and lots more.
>
> I'd write some more but have to run off home now, but anyway I am mainly interested in the throat
> hot spot, though I would also like to learn of any past eastern figures who had cycles like mine
> (so far I have a fair bit of evidence for celtic pagan figures but less for others). But for
> example the Buddha had seven years of ascetic years, like my low years which I hope will end
> Saturday [at 7 years and 5 lunar months], and battled Mara [like a waxing gibbous moon trial with
> release at full moon], and encountered the Naga water serpent [blue clear sky lightning]. Also
> Krishna is describe as the butter thief [so waning butter, or waning crescent moon] and is said to
> have battled demons [so again waxing gibbous moon trial with release/resurrection at full moon]. I
> also relate the blue lotus/blue Krishna to my blue rose vision. But I do relate myself more to
> celtic pagan figures such as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn), Amergin, Cu Chulainn and Myrddin so far.
>
> David http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

"Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote

> Have you tried circulating the Qi back down to the tandian or even the
feet?
> I'd be a bit worried that the glands may get over stimulated?

Aloha nui loa Michael; my brother.

You arequite correct.

Overloading your system repeatedly can damage the glands in the endocrine system.

Hi David,

Roughly 12 years ago I had some experiences similar to yours. I was in my early days of practising
high magick but I had many years of mediation and yoga under my belt at that time. I was alone in
the evening, practising ritual by candlelight. I had completed the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the
Pentagram and was starting to do Middle Pillar, maybe for the first time, can't rememeber for sure.
I had a spontaneous warming the at base of my throat. I wondered if I had caused the warming myself
by suggestion. I looked in my book, I think there was some indication the warming might happen. But
I think the book said warming happens in the solar plexus. Note after many sugeries I felt similar
warming when the nerves were healing too.

Also during this time I spontaneously saw red lights filtering down towards my abdomen. I had heard
of others experiencing white lights at a distance from time to time, but I had never heard of anyone
experiencing red lights and not lights that directed themselves towards parts of the body. Red is my
favorite color. I took this to be something comforting, but I was very startled. As it turned out I
was growing cysts which later turned into ovarian cancer. So I came to think of the red lights with
a kind of awe, as something that was feeding me vitality when I was in need and directing my
attention to a part of my body that I needed to pay attention to. For all I know it could have been
a psycological message as well, cause I could feel my body change as the cysts grew.

In each case I was not scared but caught off guard. I had the opportunity to discuss with my Irish
Celtic Wiccan Teacher's wife, Radha, who is certified Shivananda teacher (Hindu yoga master). Radha
said these were cases of kundalini awakening and beginning to rise.

Whatever this kind of phenomana is, it all felt pretty wonderful to me, or maybe that was just my
reaction to it. If it bothers you, from a Hindu standpoint (I am not all that up on Hinduism I am
thinking of some books I have read, and of course advise form Radha), you may want to do some
cleansing of your spirit or aura, as well as the warm up exercises.

Later,

Amber

> [...]
> > myself more to celtic pagan figures such as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn), Amergin, Cu Chulainn and
> > Myrddin so far.
> >
> > David http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

David Dalton <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> (But I know in qigong probably the throat chakra is described as a nexus of meridians or
> something?)
>
> In the last few days I have again had a fairly steady hot spot in and just above the v-notch at
> the top of my breastbone, so at the base of my throat (though I thought the throat chakra was
> slightly higher than that, a little closer to the adam's apple). This has occurred before but not
> in a while, and it isn't partularly troublesome but sometimes I pull down my t-shirt to
> free/open/cool it (but haven't gone to a v-neck shirt).

Eat a spoonful of honey. It will bring in some balancing yin.

I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception Vessel 'normally' rises upward
in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I still think you should try to bring it back down to the
navel but you could also try sitting quietly in a meditative posture and touching the tongue to the
pallate. You may just get a 'rush' of Qi into the cheeks and forehead... worth trying. If this
happens you probably should be practising the microcosmic orbit?? Rgds, M

"Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > end Saturday [at 7 years and 5 lunar months], and battled Mara [like a waxing gibbous moon trial
> > with release at full moon], and encountered the Naga water serpent [blue clear sky lightning].
> > Also Krishna is describe as the butter thief [so waning butter, or waning crescent moon] and is
> > said to have battled demons [so again waxing gibbous moon trial with release/resurrection at
> > full moon]. I also relate the blue lotus/blue Krishna to my blue rose vision. But I do relate
> > myself more to celtic pagan figures such as Taliesin, Finn (Fionn), Amergin, Cu Chulainn and
> > Myrddin so far.
> >
> > David http://www.nfld.com/~dalton

"Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote

> I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception
Vessel
> 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I

The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du (conception) Qi vessel to
thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the fire path. which I do not recommend because the
upward rising Qi in the conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery. Click the link to read my
HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> What do you mean by "overloading your system repeatedly"? What kind of damage?

I mean overloading your system a few times a week, and you are nerrvous , feel pain, or a burning
sensation.

The damage where your glands of your endocrine system are malfunctionaing youe body is out of
balance. (unable to sleep, your body is not able to process the food your eat., etc) It can get so
bad where your bowels and kidneys stop functioning, It this happens; you will end up on the hospital
in a few days.

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > What do you mean by "overloading your system repeatedly"? What kind of damage?
>
> I mean overloading your system a few times a week, and you are nerrvous , feel pain, or a burning
> sensation.

You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your system." What's the load?
What's the carrying capacity of the system?

> The damage where your glands of your endocrine system are malfunctionaing youe body is out of
> balance. (unable to sleep, your body is not able to process the food your eat., etc) It can get so
> bad where your bowels and kidneys stop functioning, It this happens; you will end up on the
hospital
> in a few days.

Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine system malfunctions. How do
you know that's what it is and how do you know what caused it?

It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is pretty complicated and
requires a considerable amount of careful research using a large number of subjects.

The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits when it comes to their
research, are not suited for this kind of study.

Well, I'm with you 100% I think. The proper orbit is of course up the Gv and down the Co. I was
merely thinking it would be good to use the tongue to see if in fact the pallate was open. Someone
suggested the sternum was blocked but I doubt it. The throat seems to be open and as the untrained
male flow will be upward it may be a quick way to check it all out. If Qi flows to the face then he
should proceed with the correct orbit training. As far as I knew the fire path was the name for the
normal flow that you described btw. Kind rgds, M "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> "Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception
> Vessel
> > 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I
> still
>
> The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du (conception) Qi vessel to
> thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the fire path. which I do not recommend because the
> upward rising Qi in the conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.
>
> Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.
>
> Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery. Click the link to read
> my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > > What do you mean by "overloading your system repeatedly"? What kind
of
> > > damage?
> >
> > I mean overloading your system a few times a week, and you are nerrvous
,
> > feel pain, or a burning sensation.
>
> You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your system." What's the
> load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?
>
> > The damage where your glands of your endocrine system are
malfunctionaing
> > youe body is out of balance. (unable to sleep, your body is not able to process the food your
> > eat., etc) It can get so bad where your bowels and kidneys stop functioning, It this happens;
> > you will end up on the
> hospital
> > in a few days.
>
> Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine system malfunctions. How
> do you know that's what it is and how do you
know
> what caused it?
>
> It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is pretty complicated and
> requires a considerable amount of careful research using a large number of subjects.
>
> The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits
when
> it comes to their research, are not suited for this kind of study.

Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and symptoms. Unfortunately, very
few doctors know anything at all about it.

"tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is pretty complicated and
> > requires a considerable amount of careful research using a large number of subjects.
> >
> > The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits when it comes to their
> > research, are not suited for this kind of study.
>
> Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and symptoms. Unfortunately,
> very few doctors know anything at all about it.

Oh, I know a bit about the lore connected with Qi. Probably not as much as you do, though. I'm
willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm talking about is not lore about Qi in general, but
about carefully conducted scientific research into the effect of Qi on endocrine glands and their
disorders. My point is that there isn't any.

How much do *you* know about endocrine disorders, their causes and cures? I suspect it's
very little.

How much do you know about the methodology of disease research? I suspect that's very little, too.

Slight correction. The Ren is the conception vessel. The Du is the governing vessel.

Joe

--
Forman Acupuncture & Qigong Joseph R. Forman [email protected] 612-827-3136 "Two_Bears"
> "Michael Howard" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I'm not sure where the blockage might be but the Qi in the Conception
> Vessel
> > 'normally' rises upward in an adult male unless trained otherwise. I
> still
>
> The Qi should travel up the ren (governing) Qi vessel, and down the du (conception) Qi vessel to
> thee hui yin point. What you suggested was the fire path. which I do not recommend because the
> upward rising Qi in the conception Qi vessekl could affect the heart rhythm.
>
> Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.
>
> Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery. Click the link to read
> my HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Joseph Forman" <[email protected]> wrote

> Slight correction. The Ren is the conception vessel. The Du is the governing vessel.

Thanks for the tip.

I may have confused the Ren and Du; but I still knew Conceptoion Qi vessel went from the tip of the
tongue then sown the front of the abdomen to the hui Yin, and Governing goes from the Hui Yin uo the
spine and op the back of the skull across the Bai Hui vital point and down the front of the face and
ends at the gum tissue above the two front teeth.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery. Click the link to read my
HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading your system." What's the
> load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?

Every person's energy system is as unique as a fingerprint. What may be perfectly safe for you, me,
and 90% of the people on this planet; may be dangerous for your neighbor down the street. May I
remind you of people that go into shock from eating something as simple as peanuts or crab meat.

A person practising Qigong, Tai Chi, etc MUST listen to the subtle signs coming from their body
instead of using the approach "no pain no gain"

> Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine system malfunctions. How
> do you know that's what it is and how do you
know
> what caused it?

True; but those other possible causes do not reach the severity where the person begin to
experience non physical reality, and unable to discern the difference between physical and non
physical reality.

The doctor would have to run blood tests and check the assorted hormone levels.

Aloha nui loa; Two Bears.

Received the title 'master' 8 times; and STILL working on self mastery. Click the link to read my
HUNA intro. http://www.geocities.com/huna101

"Two_Bears" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > You're using a tautology. "Overloading your system means overloading
your
> > system." What's the load? What's the carrying capacity of the system?
>
> Every person's energy system is as unique as a fingerprint. What may be perfectly safe for you,
> me, and 90% of the people on this planet; may be dangerous for your neighbor down the street. May
> I remind you of people
that
> go into shock from eating something as simple as peanuts or crab meat.
>
> A person practising Qigong, Tai Chi, etc MUST listen to the subtle signs coming from their body
> instead of using the approach "no pain no gain"

I think you are using pseudo-physics to talk about feelings. When we try to talk about this stuff
using the terminology of physics, we get bogged down. When we talk about it as feelings, though, we
may be able to make some headway in understanding each other.

> > Many things can upset digestion and sleep patterns other than endocrine system malfunctions. How
> > do you know that's what it is and how do you know what caused it?
>
> True; but those other possible causes do not reach the severity where the person begin to
> experience non physical reality, and unable to discern
the
> difference between physical and non physical reality.

See? Once we start talking about endocrine functions, we are talking about a physical phenomenon.
When we are talking about feelings, there might not be anything physical to measure. So, discussing
Qi as feelings instead of as some mysterious form of "non-physical energy" might be more productive.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "tools" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > It's my impression that understanding medical conditions like this is pretty complicated and
> > > requires a considerable amount of careful research using a large number of subjects.
> > >
> > > The methods used by magicians and mystics, who are essentially hermits when it comes to their
> > > research, are not suited for this kind of study.
> >
> > Tom, I suspect that you know very little about Qi , and it's uses and symptoms. Unfortunately,
> > very few doctors know anything at all about it.
>
> Oh, I know a bit about the lore connected with Qi. Probably not as much
as
> you do, though. I'm willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm talking about is not lore about
> Qi in general, but about carefully conducted scientific research into the effect of Qi on
> endocrine glands and their disorders. My point is that there isn't any.
>
> How much do *you* know about endocrine disorders, their causes and cures? I suspect it's
> very little.
>
> How much do you know about the methodology of disease research? I suspect that's very little, too.

You might find some of what you want by checking the research being done in a Qi Gong hospital.
China has much research ongoing about the effects.

"Tom" <[email protected]> wrote

> you do, though. I'm willing to stipulate that. However, what I'm talking about is not lore about
> Qi in general, but about carefully conducted scientific research into the effect of Qi on
> endocrine glands and their

Tom:

Back in the late 60s and 70s; eastern studies and philosophy began to take a hold here in the west;
and the people here in the west had bought into the philosophy "no pain no gain", so they began
using the same aproach when they began studyinh Yoga, Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.

I have heard that several of those completely came unglued, and some
psychologists or psychiatrists coined the term Qigong Psychosis for their problem.

I have not seen actual hard copy of the diagnosis "Qigong Psychosis"; but I have worked with a
hand full or energy workers that have mucked up their endocrine systems so bad they ended up in
the hospital.

I was able to help most of them repair the damage, and return to balanced productive lives.

One poor guy is on life sustaining medication (Hydrocortizone and Synthroid). If he goes without his
medication 8-10 days he will be dead as a doornail. He just about fried his pituitary, and pineal
glands in order to attain alleged paranormal abilities