Throw away your bikes... it's here!!!

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
|
| http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp
|
| Drop past our place on garbage night there will be 10 bikes at the curb waiting for the trashman!
|

| Jimbo(san)

Can I ride that where "No Bikes or Skateboards" is posted?

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/19/2003

Screw that little thing. This is my next purchase.

For the dirt:

http://www.gas-scooter-review.com/big_boy_v6.html

For the street:

http://www.gas-scooter-review.com/big_boy.html

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
>
> http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp
>
> Drop past our place on garbage night there will be 10 bikes at the curb waiting for the trashman!
>

> Jimbo(san)

I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one but I would like to
test ride one.

Fire up MTB 03

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one but
> I would like to test ride one.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer to
straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle with
it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with the addition of a
handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at least while
you're on the ground. The arms forward position would be good training for agressive skiing too -
keep the weight forward.

Jon Bond

BB said...

> Bet those come with a "big-ass" waiver to sign, too. 40-50mph on a scooter - yikes!

A friend of mine had a Honda scooter-like thing a few years back. You sat on it instead of standing
up, so I guess it was more like a wimpy motorcycle. I believe it had a 125cc motor and it would do
65 mph. Twitchy handling, tiny wheels, very scary. The most blatant death trap I ever experienced.

news:p[email protected]...

On Wed, 28 May 2003 22:36:50 GMT, SuperSlinky wrote:
> BB said...
>
>> Bet those come with a "big-ass" waiver to sign, too. 40-50mph on a scooter - yikes!
>
> A friend of mine had a Honda scooter-like thing a few years back. You sat on it instead of
> standing up, so I guess it was more like a wimpy motorcycle. I believe it had a 125cc motor and it
> would do 65 mph. Twitchy handling, tiny wheels, very scary. The most blatant death trap I ever
> experienced.

Ah, they still sell those scooters, along with some Vespa-looking toys. Wimpy as they are, you have
to have a motorcycle license for most of them.

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one
> > but I would like to test ride one.
> >
> > Fire up MTB 03
>
> If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer to
> straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle
with
> it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with
the
> addition of a handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at
> least while you're on the ground. The arms
forward
> position would be good training for agressive skiing too - keep the weight forward.
>
> Jon Bond

Or you could just get those dry land trainer skis. Or just wait until ski season and ride as much as
you can (this is my favorite option).

Matt

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote

> According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
>
> http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp

Dude, I actually saw one of those things on the Hudson Greenway a couple of weeks ago. It was
not actually engaging in any kind of motion at the time. It looked sort of like an accident at a
pipe factory.

CC

"MattB" <[email protected]> ghost-wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one
> > > but I would like to test ride one.
> > >
> > > Fire up MTB 03
> >
> > If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer
> > to straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle
> with
> > it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with
> the
> > addition of a handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at
> > least while you're on the ground. The arms
> forward
> > position would be good training for agressive skiing too - keep the
weight
> > forward.

Or you could just get those dry land trainer skis. Or just wait until ski season and ride as much as
you can (this is my favorite option).

Bill "channeling* Matt" S.

* looks weird with one 'l' or two!

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> writes:

> According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
>
> http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp

Hmm, if three wheels are better than two, then four wheels would be even better. I suppose you could
call that a Fou...., well nevermind.

Anyway that would essentialy be the kind of vehicle that old ladies use to go to the grocery store
arond here.

--
__o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
necesse est ...