Throw away your bikes... it's here!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jimbo, May 28, 2003.

  1. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again

    http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp

    Drop past our place on garbage night there will be 10 bikes at the curb waiting for the trashman!

    Jimbo(san)

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
    |
    | http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp
    |
    | Drop past our place on garbage night there will be 10 bikes at the curb waiting for the trashman!
    |

    | Jimbo(san)

    Can I ride that where "No Bikes or Skateboards" is posted?

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/19/2003

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

  5. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    Screw that little thing. This is my next purchase.

    For the dirt:

    http://www.gas-scooter-review.com/big_boy_v6.html

    For the street:

    http://www.gas-scooter-review.com/big_boy.html

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
    >
    > http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp
    >
    > Drop past our place on garbage night there will be 10 bikes at the curb waiting for the trashman!
    >

    > Jimbo(san)

  6. Bb

    Bb Guest

  7. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

  8. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one but I would like to
    test ride one.

    Fire up MTB 03

  9. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one but
    > I would like to test ride one.
    >
    > Fire up MTB 03

    If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer to
    straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle with
    it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with the addition of a
    handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at least while
    you're on the ground. The arms forward position would be good training for agressive skiing too -
    keep the weight forward.

    Jon Bond

  10. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    BB said...

    > Bet those come with a "big-ass" waiver to sign, too. 40-50mph on a scooter - yikes!

    A friend of mine had a Honda scooter-like thing a few years back. You sat on it instead of standing
    up, so I guess it was more like a wimpy motorcycle. I believe it had a 125cc motor and it would do
    65 mph. Twitchy handling, tiny wheels, very scary. The most blatant death trap I ever experienced.

  11. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one
    > > but I would like to test ride one.
    > >
    > > Fire up MTB 03
    >
    > If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer to
    > straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle
    with
    > it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with
    the
    > addition of a handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at
    > least while you're on the ground. The arms
    forward
    > position would be good training for agressive skiing too - keep the weight forward.
    >
    > Jon Bond

  12. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 28 May 2003 22:36:50 GMT, SuperSlinky wrote:
    > BB said...
    >
    >> Bet those come with a "big-ass" waiver to sign, too. 40-50mph on a scooter - yikes!
    >
    > A friend of mine had a Honda scooter-like thing a few years back. You sat on it instead of
    > standing up, so I guess it was more like a wimpy motorcycle. I believe it had a 125cc motor and it
    > would do 65 mph. Twitchy handling, tiny wheels, very scary. The most blatant death trap I ever
    > experienced.

    Ah, they still sell those scooters, along with some Vespa-looking toys. Wimpy as they are, you have
    to have a motorcycle license for most of them.

  13. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one
    > > but I would like to test ride one.
    > >
    > > Fire up MTB 03
    >
    > If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer to
    > straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle
    with
    > it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with
    the
    > addition of a handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at
    > least while you're on the ground. The arms
    forward
    > position would be good training for agressive skiing too - keep the weight forward.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Or you could just get those dry land trainer skis. Or just wait until ski season and ride as much as
    you can (this is my favorite option).

    Matt

  14. x

    x Guest

  15. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  16. "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote

    > According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
    >
    > http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp

    Dude, I actually saw one of those things on the Hudson Greenway a couple of weeks ago. It was
    not actually engaging in any kind of motion at the time. It looked sort of like an accident at a
    pipe factory.

    CC

  17. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  18. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> ghost-wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > >
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I was watching the same at my lunch time. I' m not running out and buying one
    > > > but I would like to test ride one.
    > > >
    > > > Fire up MTB 03
    > >
    > > If they got the arms a little closer together and aligned with the feet facing a little closer
    > > to straight forwards (I'm sure you could fiddle
    > with
    > > it), it actually looks like it might be somewhat similar to skiing, with
    > the
    > > addition of a handlebar. I bet if they tweaked it some, it would pretty closely mimic skiing, at
    > > least while you're on the ground. The arms
    > forward
    > > position would be good training for agressive skiing too - keep the
    weight
    > > forward.

    Or you could just get those dry land trainer skis. Or just wait until ski season and ride as much as
    you can (this is my favorite option).

    Bill "channeling* Matt" S.

    * looks weird with one 'l' or two!

  19. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

  20. "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> writes:

    > According to the infomercial we saw this morning... We will never need our bikes again
    >
    > http://www.trikke.com/002/product.asp

    Hmm, if three wheels are better than two, then four wheels would be even better. I suppose you could
    call that a Fou...., well nevermind.

    Anyway that would essentialy be the kind of vehicle that old ladies use to go to the grocery store
    arond here.

    --
    __o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
    necesse est ...