THTP wk6 & RAFL wk 2 - Laura (LJ)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:02:37 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>There is just too much "stuff" around.

Everyone seems to be trying to get their guests to finish off the christmas chocolates. We were
given a box of 'heroes' for doing the computer next door. That's right after discussing in depth how
our respective diets were coming along. And why do people keep cheese in the house when they know
they aren't allowed to eat it?

Sorry about the gain, but you seem to know what to do about it.

Good luck

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/205/182

unfortunately money is an issue for most of us, good luck, Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm wondering if I need to start going to meetings again to keep me more
on
> track. Not sure where I will find the money for it.
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > but you are looking at where it is not working and planning adjustments, this is a good thing,
> > Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eCxOb.61517$6y6.1226347@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > Not a good week.
> > >
> > > RAFL: up 1.5 to 215lb. arrgghhh
> > >
> > > I can't seem to get back on track after the holidays. I think I am
going
> > > try the Fast Track plan for 2 weeks for the days we don't eat out. No
> more
> > > snacking or chocolate at my neigbhors. I also should limit myself to 1
> or
> > 2
> > > nights out. This week was 4 which is unusual for us. Tuesday is my
> normal
> > > night out with my neighbor but the other 3 were not planned. One night
> was
> > > chinese take-out and I opted to have their diet plate: a pint of
> scallops
> > > and mixed veggies steamed with no salt, oil, etc. Very plain. But I
blew
> > it
> > > by having an egg roll and 2 pieces of my daughter's sweet and sour
> > (fried)
> > > chicken. That's where I fall down on the job. Last night was Applebees
> and
> > > had planned on having one of the chicken salads. Nope. I had their
> chicken
> > &
> > > brocolli alfredo combo that comes with dessert. arrgghh. No willpower
> this
> > > week. Got to get back on track some how this week. My weight loss has
> > slowed
> > > to below a pound a week since September. I would like to get it back
up
> > > at least a pound a week again.
> > >
> > > THTP: 4 sessions of curves.
> > >
> > > I did work harder on the recovery pads this week and had my heart rate
> up
> > > 75%/85% on Friday & Saturday. This is an improvement since I normally struggle to get it to
> > > 65% most days.
> > >
> > > Just sign me, Frustrated

I looked at the High protein version and it was basically how I eat today. Breakfast is cereal +
milk + 1/2 serving of raisons (no fresh fruit available these days worth buying) for 5 points. Lunch
is 3-4 oz of chicken
+ salad + small amount of LF dressing + 1/2 c LF yogart for 6 points. Dinner is my real problem If I
eat at home it will be chicken or beef + steamed veggie (brocolli, cauliflower or asparagas) +
skinny cow for dessert. Some nights we do have 1/2 cup rice for something like 10-12 points. So
that's my base 20-22 points. The balance of the points is snacks like GoLean Crunch bars, Soy
crisps, raisons. Extra points are consumed when I eat out. That's where I am going to have trouble
sticking to the Fast track. Maybe those days I do Flex although sometimes I have no clue as to how
many points I have consumed when we eat out. I'm not always good about making good choices and I
know that I eat too much dinner those days.

"Connie Walsh" <walshclan@nospam_primus.ca> wrote in message
> Laura:
>
> The fast track plan was really good for me. I went out and bought all the food that I would need
> for the week on the first day and it was so nice having at least my meals all planned out. If you
> try it have some ww vegetable soup on hand for emergencies!!
>
> Connie
>
> > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eCxOb.61517$6y6.1226347@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> >
> >>Not a good week.
> >>
> >>RAFL: up 1.5 to 215lb. arrgghhh
> >>
> >>I can't seem to get back on track after the holidays. I think I am going

> >>try the Fast Track plan for 2 weeks for the days we don't eat out. No
more
> >>snacking or chocolate at my neigbhors. I also should limit myself to 1
or

> > 2
> >
> >>nights out. This week was 4 which is unusual for us. Tuesday is my
normal
> >>night out with my neighbor but the other 3 were not planned. One night
was
> >>chinese take-out and I opted to have their diet plate: a pint of
scallops
> >>and mixed veggies steamed with no salt, oil, etc. Very plain. But I blew
> >
> > it
> >
> >>by having an egg roll and 2 pieces of my daughter's sweet and sour
> >
> > (fried)
> >
> >>chicken. That's where I fall down on the job. Last night was Applebees
and

> >>had planned on having one of the chicken salads. Nope. I had their
chicken

> > &
> >
> >>brocolli alfredo combo that comes with dessert. arrgghh. No willpower
this
> >>week. Got to get back on track some how this week. My weight loss has
> >
> > slowed
> >
> >>to below a pound a week since September. I would like to get it back up
> >>at least a pound a week again.
> >>
> >>THTP: 4 sessions of curves.
> >>
> >>I did work harder on the recovery pads this week and had my heart rate
up

> >>75%/85% on Friday & Saturday. This is an improvement since I normally struggle to get it to 65%
> >>most days.
> >>
> >>Just sign me, Frustrated
> >>

> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Connie Walsh
>
> 241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

You were commenting about eating out a couple of times a week, if you don't eat out you could afford
the WW meetings then. I know it is easier to eat out, but you need to go for less expensive places
if you want to do that. But that is one way to afford the meetings and still stay on plan.

Debbie

"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a7yOb.61682$6y6.1230613@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I'm wondering if I need to start going to meetings again to keep me more
on
> track. Not sure where I will find the money for it.
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > but you are looking at where it is not working and planning adjustments, this is a good thing,
> > Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eCxOb.61517$6y6.1226347@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > Not a good week.
> > >
> > > RAFL: up 1.5 to 215lb. arrgghhh
> > >
> > > I can't seem to get back on track after the holidays. I think I am
going
> > > try the Fast Track plan for 2 weeks for the days we don't eat out. No
> more
> > > snacking or chocolate at my neigbhors. I also should limit myself to 1
> or
> > 2
> > > nights out. This week was 4 which is unusual for us. Tuesday is my
> normal
> > > night out with my neighbor but the other 3 were not planned. One night
> was
> > > chinese take-out and I opted to have their diet plate: a pint of
> scallops
> > > and mixed veggies steamed with no salt, oil, etc. Very plain. But I
blew
> > it
> > > by having an egg roll and 2 pieces of my daughter's sweet and sour
> > (fried)
> > > chicken. That's where I fall down on the job. Last night was Applebees
> and
> > > had planned on having one of the chicken salads. Nope. I had their
> chicken
> > &
> > > brocolli alfredo combo that comes with dessert. arrgghh. No willpower
> this
> > > week. Got to get back on track some how this week. My weight loss has
> > slowed
> > > to below a pound a week since September. I would like to get it back
up
> > > at least a pound a week again.
> > >
> > > THTP: 4 sessions of curves.
> > >
> > > I did work harder on the recovery pads this week and had my heart rate
> up
> > > 75%/85% on Friday & Saturday. This is an improvement since I normally struggle to get it to
> > > 65% most days.
> > >
> > > Just sign me, Frustrated

And which opera will you see ?

Nathalie "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wish me luck before the opera next friday - a really nice restaurant and I've probably had my fill
> of broiled fish and broccoli (G) I will give in with desserts - that is a known!!!
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:15:11 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Well dang! I hate when my good intentions to eat smart disappear when confronted with other
> >choices. I probably would've gone for the alfredo combo w/dessert myself. Maybe the good news is
> >that this week's gain will have the positive effect of strengthening your attention and
> >refocusing your effort. Great work at Curves. Your labors there will pay off.
> >
> >Prairie Roots
> >
> >On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:28:10 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Not a good week.
> >>
> >>RAFL: up 1.5 to 215lb. arrgghhh
> >>
> >>I can't seem to get back on track after the holidays. I think I am going
> >>try the Fast Track plan for 2 weeks for the days we don't eat out. No
more
> >>snacking or chocolate at my neigbhors. I also should limit myself to 1
or 2
> >>nights out. This week was 4 which is unusual for us. Tuesday is my
normal
> >>night out with my neighbor but the other 3 were not planned. One night
was
> >>chinese take-out and I opted to have their diet plate: a pint of
scallops
> >>and mixed veggies steamed with no salt, oil, etc. Very plain. But I blew
it
> >>by having an egg roll and 2 pieces of my daughter's sweet and sour
(fried)
> >>chicken. That's where I fall down on the job. Last night was Applebees
and I
> >>had planned on having one of the chicken salads. Nope. I had their
chicken &
> >>brocolli alfredo combo that comes with dessert. arrgghh. No willpower
this
> >>week. Got to get back on track some how this week. My weight loss has
slowed
> >>to below a pound a week since September. I would like to get it back up
> >>at least a pound a week again.
> >>
> >>THTP: 4 sessions of curves.
> >>
> >>I did work harder on the recovery pads this week and had my heart rate
up to
> >>75%/85% on Friday & Saturday. This is an improvement since I normally struggle to get it to 65%
> >>most days.
> >>
> >>Just sign me, Frustrated

I told my husband that I was going to take all of the candy that he was given by his students to my
school. Let them eat it.

I think I know I am doing but nothing seems to be working these days that's what is so frustrating.
My weight loss has slowed to close to .80 lb per week from 1.1lb. The change came when I added
Curves into the mix. Does that make any sense?

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:02:37 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >There is just too much "stuff" around.
>
> Everyone seems to be trying to get their guests to finish off the christmas chocolates. We were
> given a box of 'heroes' for doing the computer next door. That's right after discussing in depth
> how our respective diets were coming along. And why do people keep cheese in the house when they
> know they aren't allowed to eat it?
>
> Sorry about the gain, but you seem to know what to do about it.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/205/182

I told my husband that we were not going to eat out 4 times during the week ever again. 1 or 2 is
our norm. He just was being lazy and did not go food shopping this week. Time to make the menu again
to force him away from the computer screen. <g>

"Deb in Northern California" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pe2dnfEQRtPO8pbdRVn-
[email protected]...
> You were commenting about eating out a couple of times a week, if you
don't
> eat out you could afford the WW meetings then. I know it is easier to eat out, but you need to go
> for less expensive places if you want to do that. But that is one way to afford the meetings and
> still stay on plan.
>
> Debbie
>
> "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a7yOb.61682$6y6.1230613@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I'm wondering if I need to start going to meetings again to keep me more
> on
> > track. Not sure where I will find the money for it.
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > but you are looking at where it is not working and planning
adjustments,
> > > this is a good thing, Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eCxOb.61517$6y6.1226347@bgtnsc05-
> > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> going
No
> > more
> > or
> > > 2
> > normal
> > was
> > scallops
> blew
> > > it
> > > (fried)
Applebees
> > and
> > chicken
> > > &
> > this
> > > slowed
> up

> > up

Carmen - every note is hum-able (G)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:05:49 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>And which opera will you see ?
>
>Nathalie "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Wish me luck before the opera next friday - a really nice restaurant and I've probably had my
>> fill of broiled fish and broccoli (G) I will give in with desserts - that is a known!!!
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:15:11 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Well dang! I hate when my good intentions to eat smart disappear when confronted with other
>> >choices. I probably would've gone for the alfredo combo w/dessert myself. Maybe the good news is
>> >that this week's gain will have the positive effect of strengthening your attention and
>> >refocusing your effort. Great work at Curves. Your labors there will pay off.
>> >
>> >Prairie Roots

>more
>or 2
>normal
>was
>scallops
>it
>(fried)
>and I
>chicken &
>this
>slowed

>up to

and if I were averaging that much right now I would be happy, most of us are
around.5 per week, Lee, who has no clue about exercise...
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I told my husband that I was going to take all of the candy that he was given by his students to
> my school. Let them eat it.
>
> I think I know I am doing but nothing seems to be working these days
that's
> what is so frustrating. My weight loss has slowed to close to .80 lb per week from 1.1lb. The
> change came when I added Curves into the mix. Does
that
> make any sense?
>
> "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:02:37 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >There is just too much "stuff" around.
> >
> > Everyone seems to be trying to get their guests to finish off the christmas chocolates. We were
> > given a box of 'heroes' for doing the computer next door. That's right after discussing in depth
> > how our respective diets were coming along. And why do people keep cheese in the house when they
> > know they aren't allowed to eat it?
> >
> > Sorry about the gain, but you seem to know what to do about it.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Ray
> > --
> > rmnsuk overall - 273/205/182

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:23:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I told my husband that I was going to take all of the candy that he was given by his students to my
>school. Let them eat it.
>
>I think I know I am doing but nothing seems to be working these days that's what is so frustrating.
>My weight loss has slowed to close to .80 lb per week from 1.1lb. The change came when I added
>Curves into the mix. Does that make any sense?

I have just been looking at my excel chart. I was amazed and slightly disturbed to find that in the
last 6 months I have lost exactly 0lbs!! I know that christmas has come in between and two holidays,
but 6 months and no loss at all!!

I'm not worried about it I know why I am here, and i'm on the downward path again (4lbs lost
in 2 weeks)

In that time though I have exercised and started weights and I'm far fitter and far stronger than I
have been for 25 years or more.

Exercise is really good for you in terms of your health and long term for your weight loss but in
the short term your weight will fluctuate a lot more than it did. I think several people have
mentioned this. I have no idea why it happens but it does seem to for at least some people Plot your
weight in excel and plot a running average trendline of about 4-6 weeks. So long as the trend is
down you are doing OK.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/205/182

Yes, measure inches instead of scale changes. Besides, you are still losing generally so that is
still a good indicator that the program does work.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:23:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I told my husband that I was going to take all of the candy that he was given by his students to my
>school. Let them eat it.
>
>I think I know I am doing but nothing seems to be working these days that's what is so frustrating.
>My weight loss has slowed to close to .80 lb per week from 1.1lb. The change came when I added
>Curves into the mix. Does that make any sense?
>
>"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:02:37 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >There is just too much "stuff" around.
>>
>> Everyone seems to be trying to get their guests to finish off the christmas chocolates. We were
>> given a box of 'heroes' for doing the computer next door. That's right after discussing in depth
>> how our respective diets were coming along. And why do people keep cheese in the house when they
>> know they aren't allowed to eat it?
>>
>> Sorry about the gain, but you seem to know what to do about it.
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Ray
>> --
>> rmnsuk overall - 273/205/182

Lol, it 's a great opera though!

> Carmen - every note is hum-able (G)
>
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:05:49 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >And which opera will you see ?
> >
> >Nathalie "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Wish me luck before the opera next friday - a really nice restaurant and I've probably had my
> >> fill of broiled fish and broccoli (G) I will give in with desserts - that is a known!!!

> >more
> >or 2
> >normal
> >was
> >scallops
> >it
> >(fried)
Applebees
> >and I
> >chicken &
> >this
> >slowed

> >up to

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:23:29 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I told my husband that I was going to take all of the candy that he was given by his students to
> >my school. Let them eat it.
> >
> >I think I know I am doing but nothing seems to be working these days
that's
> >what is so frustrating. My weight loss has slowed to close to .80 lb per week from 1.1lb. The
> >change came when I added Curves into the mix. Does
that
> >make any sense?
>
> I have just been looking at my excel chart. I was amazed and slightly disturbed to find that in
> the last 6 months I have lost exactly 0lbs!! I know that christmas has come in between and two
> holidays, but 6 months and no loss at all!!
>
> I'm not worried about it I know why I am here, and i'm on the downward path again (4lbs lost in
> 2 weeks)
>
> In that time though I have exercised and started weights and I'm far fitter and far stronger than
> I have been for 25 years or more.
>
> Exercise is really good for you in terms of your health and long term for your weight loss but in
> the short term your weight will fluctuate a lot more than it did. I think several people have
> mentioned this. I have no idea why it happens but it does seem to for at least some people Plot
> your weight in excel and plot a running average trendline of about 4-6 weeks. So long as the trend
> is down you are doing OK.

You are correct. I am feeling so much better since I started Curves. It has slowed my weight loss
down. Maybe it is a coincidence because I am eating those AP too. Maybe I should stop that practise
and just eat the flex points. I don't think that I ate my AP on the old program. I'm going to pull
out some of my journals from last summer when I was losing faster and see what the difference in
meals is. Maybe that will give me an idea.

I am losing quarter inches each month. Even that has slowed down a bit. I have not made much
progress in the past month. I am at the same weight as the beginning of December. Holidays or
another plateau?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:59:07 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Exercise is really good for you in terms of your health and long term for your weight loss but in
>> the short term your weight will fluctuate a lot more than it did. I think several people have
>> mentioned this. I have no idea why it happens but it does seem to for at least some people Plot
>> your weight in excel and plot a running average trendline of about 4-6 weeks. So long as the
>> trend is down you are doing OK.
>>

>You are correct. I am feeling so much better since I started Curves. It has slowed my weight loss
>down. Maybe it is a coincidence because I am eating those AP too. Maybe I should stop that practise
>and just eat the flex points. I don't think that I ate my AP on the old program. I'm going to pull
>out some of my journals from last summer when I was losing faster and see what the difference in
>meals is. Maybe that will give me an idea.

You also have to put into the mix (which we all are reluctant to do) that your higher weightlosses
in the summer probably also had something to do with the weight you were at during that time. The
more weight you have to lose, the quicker it comes off. As our weight decreases, the rate of loss
also seems to decrease. Combine that with adding exercise and it makes some sense as to why the
losses are slower. I went through the same thing on my way towards goal. What really helped to keep
things in perspective was to look at the total average loss per week, as opposed to the current loss
rate. Overall, I think I averaged a bit over 1 pound per week - but the last few months or more were
shed in ounces.

Joyce

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:59:07 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> Exercise is really good for you in terms of your health and long term for your weight loss but
> >> in the short term your weight will fluctuate a lot more than it did. I think several people
> >> have mentioned this. I have no idea why it happens but it does seem to for at least some people
> >> Plot your weight in excel and plot a running average trendline of about 4-6 weeks. So long as
> >> the trend is down you are doing OK.
> >>

> >You are correct. I am feeling so much better since I started Curves. It
has
> >slowed my weight loss down. Maybe it is a coincidence because I am eating those AP too. Maybe I
> >should stop that practise and just eat the flex points. I don't think that I ate my AP on the old
> >program. I'm going to
pull
> >out some of my journals from last summer when I was losing faster and see what the difference in
> >meals is. Maybe that will give me an idea.
>
> You also have to put into the mix (which we all are reluctant to do) that
your
> higher weightlosses in the summer probably also had something to do with
the
> weight you were at during that time. The more weight you have to lose,
the
> quicker it comes off. As our weight decreases, the rate of loss also
seems to
> decrease. Combine that with adding exercise and it makes some sense as to
why the
> losses are slower. I went through the same thing on my way towards goal.
What
> really helped to keep things in perspective was to look at the total
average loss
> per week, as opposed to the current loss rate. Overall, I think I
averaged a bit
> over 1 pound per week - but the last few months or more were shed in
ounces.

Would you expect the losses to slow down with only 20 pounds lost?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:53:59 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >You are correct. I am feeling so much better since I started Curves. It
>has
>> >slowed my weight loss down. Maybe it is a coincidence because I am eating those AP too. Maybe I
>> >should stop that practise and just eat the flex points. I don't think that I ate my AP on the
>> >old program. I'm going to
>pull
>> >out some of my journals from last summer when I was losing faster and see what the difference in
>> >meals is. Maybe that will give me an idea.
>>
>> You also have to put into the mix (which we all are reluctant to do) that
>your
>> higher weightlosses in the summer probably also had something to do with
>the
>> weight you were at during that time. The more weight you have to lose,
>the
>> quicker it comes off. As our weight decreases, the rate of loss also
>seems to
>> decrease. Combine that with adding exercise and it makes some sense as to
>why the
>> losses are slower. I went through the same thing on my way towards goal.
>What
>> really helped to keep things in perspective was to look at the total
>average loss
>> per week, as opposed to the current loss rate. Overall, I think I
>averaged a bit
>> over 1 pound per week - but the last few months or more were shed in
>ounces.
>
>Would you expect the losses to slow down with only 20 pounds lost?

Possibly, depending on how much you really needed to lose. If you were looking at 30-40 pounds
overweight, I could see the losses slowing. If you were looking at losing 100 or so, probably not.
(just numeric examples)

Joyce

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:53:59 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

trendline

It
> >has
> >pull
> >>
> >> You also have to put into the mix (which we all are reluctant to do)
that
> >your
> >> higher weightlosses in the summer probably also had something to do
with
> >the
> >> weight you were at during that time. The more weight you have to lose,
> >the
> >> quicker it comes off. As our weight decreases, the rate of loss also
> >seems to
> >> decrease. Combine that with adding exercise and it makes some sense as
> >why the
> >> losses are slower. I went through the same thing on my way towards
goal.
> >What
> >> really helped to keep things in perspective was to look at the total
> >average loss
> >> per week, as opposed to the current loss rate. Overall, I think I
> >averaged a bit
> >> over 1 pound per week - but the last few months or more were shed in
> >ounces.
> >
> >Would you expect the losses to slow down with only 20 pounds lost?
>
> Possibly, depending on how much you really needed to lose. If you were
looking at
> 30-40 pounds overweight, I could see the losses slowing. If you were
looking at
> losing 100 or so, probably not. (just numeric examples)

I have at least 70-80 more pounds to lose. 100+ in total.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:06:50 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>term
>fluctuate
>trendline

>It
>> >has
>eating
>> >pull
>see

>that
>> >your
>with
>> >the
>> >the
>> >seems to
>> >why the
>goal.
>> >What
>> >average loss
>> >averaged a bit
>> >ounces.
>> >
>> >Would you expect the losses to slow down with only 20 pounds lost?
>>
>> Possibly, depending on how much you really needed to lose. If you were
>looking at
>> 30-40 pounds overweight, I could see the losses slowing. If you were
>looking at
>> losing 100 or so, probably not. (just numeric examples)
>
>I have at least 70-80 more pounds to lose. 100+ in total.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:06:50 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>term
>fluctuate
>trendline

>It
>> >has
>eating
>> >pull
>see

>that
>> >your
>with
>> >the
>> >the
>> >seems to
>> >why the
>goal.
>> >What
>> >average loss
>> >averaged a bit
>> >ounces.
>> >
>> >Would you expect the losses to slow down with only 20 pounds lost?
>>
>> Possibly, depending on how much you really needed to lose. If you were
>looking at
>> 30-40 pounds overweight, I could see the losses slowing. If you were
>looking at
>> losing 100 or so, probably not. (just numeric examples)
>
>I have at least 70-80 more pounds to lose. 100+ in total.

Woops - hit send last time without replying. <g> I do think checking out your old journals to see
what worked and what didn't is a very smart thing to do. Another thing to remember, just now popped
into my brain re-reading you stating that the old program worked very well for you as opposed to the
new flex program. If you are eating all your flexpoints as well as your activity points - you are
actually consuming 14 additional points total during the week. That appears to be the magic number
that weight watchers increased in the flexpoints program. Maybe you could try *throwing out* 14
points at the beginning of the week, which would leave you 21 flexpoints but would be equivalent to
the old winning points program. Another possibility could be that since this started with the
addition of curves ... maybe you are figuring the activity points too high? And retaining water in
the muscles from the new activity ... which should resolve itself in a few weeks.

If all else fails and nothing appears to be an actual cause of your current slowdown, it might just
be that your body is adjusting to it's current state and will give you a whoosh later. We've all
been through it before, it's frustrating
- but not much we can do other than to hold firm and continue doing what we know works.

Joyce