THTP wk6 & RAFL wk 2 - Laura (LJ)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:41:42 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >I have at least 70-80 more pounds to lose. 100+ in total.
>>
>> Woops - hit send last time without replying. <g> I do think checking out
>your old
>> journals to see what worked and what didn't is a very smart thing to do.
>Another
>> thing to remember, just now popped into my brain re-reading you stating
>that the
>> old program worked very well for you as opposed to the new flex program.
>If you
>> are eating all your flexpoints as well as your activity points - you are
>actually
>> consuming 14 additional points total during the week. That appears to be
>the
>> magic number that weight watchers increased in the flexpoints program.
>Maybe you
>> could try *throwing out* 14 points at the beginning of the week, which
>would leave
>> you 21 flexpoints but would be equivalent to the old winning points
>program.
>> Another possibility could be that since this started with the addition of
>curves
>> ... maybe you are figuring the activity points too high? And retaining
>water in
>> the muscles from the new activity ... which should resolve itself in a few
>weeks.
>>
>> If all else fails and nothing appears to be an actual cause of your
>current
>> slowdown, it might just be that your body is adjusting to it's current
>state and
>> will give you a whoosh later. We've all been through it before, it's
>frustrating
>> - but not much we can do other than to hold firm and continue doing what
>we know
>> works.
>>

>What I noticed in my journals is that last summer I tended to eat low in response to mom's constant
>nagging and the fact that we had 2 regularly schedule events at the club plus one additional night
>out at a restaurant. I ate low and BANKED enough points to be comfortable in eating out. There were
>some days that I only ate 20-22 points instead of my minimum of 28 points (I'm now at 26 points).
>Other nights I ended up eating a bunch of snacks in the evening because I was so low on points.
>
>When I came home I started eating my minimum number of points plus contined to eat out. I probably
>have been understating my points when we eat out and going over my points on a regular basis. This
>week I started with the Fast Track concept and am eating low again to cover my meals out. So far I
>am down 3 pounds so I think this is working. Sort of closer to the old plan that I was doing this
>summer instead of the Flex plan. We'll see how this goes for a few weeks.

Ahhhhhhh, the underestimating restaurant meals can tend to be a problem all of us fall into. It is
very hard to figure exactly how an item was prepared, how much it weighed, etc. Yesterday I
*thought* I did well when going out to lunch, still do ... but no way can I be positive. I ordered
Snapper with some sort of tomato sauce - no rice, no beans, extra grilled veggies. Nowhere did it
state if the sauce, fish or veggies were prepared with oil (or what kind), and the waitress had no
idea either. This is a restaurant we have been going to for years, never had a problem before. BUT
they changed ownership last week, changed menus, changed chefs, AND changed portion sizes. This dish
had enough snapper on it to feed 2 people! I did only eat half though - but still .. how do you
*guess* properly? Then add the new flex point program into things, and I can see where you could
have a double whammy. My brain works wierdly. I would rather have to bank points to be used, or
negative bank and know what I have to do to get back to even. Waving those flex points in front of
me is a constant problem. It does sound like the fast track is working for you this week. Maybe you
should consider when you finish this, just going back to the old points plan instead of the flex
plan? It really isn't hard to do, just have to make up your own journal pages ... or if you journal
online, have to delete those flexpoints, change your target, and keep good records of banked
points/activity points in the notes section. I've become very adept at this. <G>

Joyce

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:06:50 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> >term
> >fluctuate
> >trendline
OK.