Thudbuster

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ground Control, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
    opinions about this post?

    ---
    __o
    _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    http://intergalax.com
    http://intbike.com

  2. RE/
    >I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
    >opinions about this post?

    I have one and like it. The only negatives I've heard have been around
    durability on one of the earlier models.

    Zero stiction, can be adjusted to different weight riders by swapping bumpers.

    I've A/B'd it with a sprung saddle and there's no comparison. The sprung
    saddle is OK for road use, but for MTB use the ThudBuster is much better.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  3. TBF

    TBF Guest

    "Ground Control" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
    > opinions about this post?
    >

    > ---
    > __o
    > _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    > (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    > The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com
    > http://intbike.com

    Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost, and large volume
    tires.

  4. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Ground Control" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
    > opinions about this post?

    Yeah, your sig is annoying.

    > ---
    > __o
    > _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    > (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    > The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com
    > http://intbike.com

  5. JD

    JD Guest

    "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost

    <snip>

    Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
    They break more quickly than jamis bikes.

    JD

  6. TOMMY

    TOMMY Guest

    I ordered one and expect it in tomowrow. I'll let ya know what I
    think. I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes and only
    got good responses, thats why I went ahead and ordered one.

    They say it's the next best thing to going FS without the cost.

    See ya

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:22:16 -0400, "Ground Control"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
    >opinions about this post?
    >

    >---
    > __o
    > _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    >(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    >The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    >http://intergalax.com
    >http://intbike.com

  7. JD

    JD Guest

    "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost

    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
    > > They break more quickly than jamis bikes.
    > >
    > > JD

    > Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks. Loser.

    Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
    been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
    many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
    back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
    experience.

    JD

  8. justen

    justen Guest

    JD wrote:

    > Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
    > been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    > don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
    > many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
    > back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
    > experience.

    I've been riding a Syncros post for 9 years. So what?

    justen

  9. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I've
    > been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    > don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
    > many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
    >
    > JD

    That's Thomson...

    with no 'P'

    :)

  10. TBF

    TBF Guest

    > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > <snip>
    >> >
    >> > Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
    >> > They break more quickly than jamis bikes.
    >> >
    >> > JD

    >> Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks.
    >> Loser.

    > Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
    > been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    > don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
    > many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
    > back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
    > experience.
    >
    > JD

    Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er hippie

  11. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> I've
    >> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    >> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and
    >> how many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
    >>
    >> JD

    > That's Thomson...
    >
    > with no 'P'

    Umm...?!?

    Bill "don't see no Ps in JD's Thomsons" S.

  12. "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    | Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:
    | > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote
    | >
    | >> I've
    | >> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    | >> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and
    | >> how many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
    | >>
    | >> JD
    | >
    | > That's Thomson...
    | >
    | > with no 'P'
    |
    | Umm...?!?
    |
    | Bill "don't see no Ps in JD's Thomsons" S.

    No, he got it right. There are definitely no "P" in his Thomson.

    It's an old joke.

    ---
    __o
    _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    http://intergalax.com
    http://intbike.com

  13. RE/
    >I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

    What's the forum name?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  14. (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > RE/
    >
    >>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

    > What's the forum name?

    bigfatfuxsonbikes.com?

    (yeah, yeah, I know all clydes aren't fat)

  15. "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]
    | (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    | > RE/
    | >
    | >>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes
    | >

    | > What's the forum name?
    |
    | bigfatfuxsonbikes.com?
    |
    | (yeah, yeah, I know all clydes aren't fat)

    <catches big air and lands on Fagerlin>

    "Fly high, land hard, leave a big crater!"

    ---
    __o
    _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
    (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
    The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
    http://intergalax.com
    http://intbike.com

  16. TOMMY

    TOMMY Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:07:14 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >RE/
    >>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

    >What's the forum name?

    Its a clydes forum on mtbr.com. The have a bunch of differenet
    topics.

    BTW 6-3, 245lbs.

    Tommy

  17. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > >> Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks.
    > >> Loser.

    > > Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
    > > been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
    > > don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
    > > many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
    > > back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
    > > experience.
    > >
    > > JD

    > Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er hippie

    Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
    manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

  18. TBF

    TBF Guest

    >> Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er
    >> hippie

    > Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
    > manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

    Oh yeah, "fag" really compares to hippie... why don't you go hold a klan
    rally

  19. Bob Rogers1

    Bob Rogers1 Guest

    "R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    \>
    > Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
    > manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

    Or in your case, moronic

  20. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > >> Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er
    > >> hippie

    > > Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
    > > manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

    > Oh yeah, "fag" really compares to hippie... why don't you go hold a klan
    > rally

    I will as soon as you stop beating women.