Thudbuster

Ground Control

Guest
I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
opinions about this post?

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

RE/
>I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
>opinions about this post?

I have one and like it. The only negatives I've heard have been around
durability on one of the earlier models.

Zero stiction, can be adjusted to different weight riders by swapping bumpers.

I've A/B'd it with a sprung saddle and there's no comparison. The sprung
saddle is OK for road use, but for MTB use the ThudBuster is much better.
--
PeteCresswell

"Ground Control" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
> opinions about this post?
>

> ---
> __o
> _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
> (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
> The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
> http://intergalax.com
> http://intbike.com

Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost, and large volume
tires.

"Ground Control" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
> opinions about this post?

Yeah, your sig is annoying.

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost

<snip>

Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
They break more quickly than jamis bikes.

JD

I ordered one and expect it in tomowrow. I'll let ya know what I
think. I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes and only
got good responses, thats why I went ahead and ordered one.

They say it's the next best thing to going FS without the cost.

See ya

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:22:16 -0400, "Ground Control"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm considering a new Cane Creek Thudbuster for my old hard-tail. Any
>opinions about this post?
>

>---
> __o
> _`\(,_ Cycling is life,
>(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
>The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
>http://intergalax.com
>http://intbike.com

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> Save your money and buy a good quality carbon seatpost

> > <snip>
> >
> > Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
> > They break more quickly than jamis bikes.
> >
> > JD

> Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks. Loser.

Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
experience.

JD

JD wrote:

> Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
> many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
> back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
> experience.

I've been riding a Syncros post for 9 years. So what?

justen

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote

> I've
> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
> many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
>
> JD

That's Thomson...

with no 'P'

:)

> "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:<[email protected]>...
>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > Sorry, but "good quality" and "carbon seatpost" are not synonymous.
>> > They break more quickly than jamis bikes.
>> >
>> > JD

>> Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks.
>> Loser.

> Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
> many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
> back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
> experience.
>
> JD

Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er hippie

Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> I've
>> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
>> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and
>> how many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
>>
>> JD

> That's Thomson...
>
> with no 'P'

Umm...?!?

Bill "don't see no Ps in JD's Thomsons" S.

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Nelson @ International Bicycle wrote:
| > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote
| >
| >> I've
| >> been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
| >> don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and
| >> how many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon.
| >>
| >> JD
| >
| > That's Thomson...
| >
| > with no 'P'
|
| Umm...?!?
|
| Bill "don't see no Ps in JD's Thomsons" S.

No, he got it right. There are definitely no "P" in his Thomson.

It's an old joke.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

RE/
>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

What's the forum name?
--
PeteCresswell

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
> RE/
>
>>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

> What's the forum name?

bigfatfuxsonbikes.com?

(yeah, yeah, I know all clydes aren't fat)

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
| (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
| > RE/
| >
| >>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes
| >

| > What's the forum name?
|
| bigfatfuxsonbikes.com?
|
| (yeah, yeah, I know all clydes aren't fat)

<catches big air and lands on Fagerlin>

"Fly high, land hard, leave a big crater!"

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:07:14 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RE/
>>I asked the same question on a bike forum for clydes

>What's the forum name?

Its a clydes forum on mtbr.com. The have a bunch of differenet
topics.

BTW 6-3, 245lbs.

Tommy

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Yeah, everything except what "you" ride "right this second" breaks.
> >> Loser.

> > Namecalling, the last act of an e-scoundrel who has not a clue. I've
> > been riding Thomson seatposts on my bikes for over four years. Why
> > don't you google broken seatposts and see how many are Thomson and how
> > many are some cheapass junk, especially carbon. As ususal, you can't
> > back up your meritless claim/recommendation because you have no
> > experience.
> >
> > JD

> Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er hippie

Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

>> Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er
>> hippie

> Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
> manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

Oh yeah, "***" really compares to hippie... why don't you go hold a klan
rally

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> Oh yeah mr know it all, LOL. Your right out of a comic book man...er
> >> hippie

> > Are you using the word "hippie" as a complement or in a derogatory
> > manner? I suspect the latter. Ironic.

> Oh yeah, "***" really compares to hippie... why don't you go hold a klan
> rally

I will as soon as you stop beating women.