Thule Hitch bolt size

George Stutevil

Guest
Darn it...when I took my Thule 985 - 4 Bike Hitching Post out of the hitch mount, I must have left
the hitch bolt somewhere.

Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can run to the hardware store and get one?

Thanks

Originally posted by George Stutevil
Darn it...when I took my Thule 985 - 4 Bike Hitching Post out of the hitch mount, I must have left
the hitch bolt somewhere.

Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can run to the hardware store and get one?

Thanks

Just measured mine, looks like 40mm x 12mm, 1.75mm thread pitch.

Bigwheel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> George Stutevil wrote:
> > Darn it...when I took my Thule 985 - 4 Bike Hitching Post out of the hitch mount, I must have
> > left the hitch bolt somewhere. Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can run to the
> > hardware store and get one? Thanks
>

> Just measured mine, looks like 40mm x 12mm, 1.75mm thread pitch.

If you find one that fits, see if you can get the high strength version of the bolt. I love my rack,
but it always bothered me that the $3K of bikes I put on it has just one bolt holding them on.

On 27 Jun 2003 20:04:31 -0700, [email protected] (Zaf) wrote:

>If you find one that fits, see if you can get the high strength version of the bolt. I love
>my rack, but it always bothered me that the $3K of bikes I put on it has just one bolt
>holding them on.

I pull (and stop) a 2000 pound trailer with the same "one bolt" holding the hitch in the receiver.

Your bikes will be just fine. <G>

Barry