Thule Hitch bolt size

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by George Stutevil, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Darn it...when I took my Thule 985 - 4 Bike Hitching Post out of the hitch mount, I must have left
    the hitch bolt somewhere.

    Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can run to the hardware store and get one?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Bigwheel

    Bigwheel New Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2003
    Just measured mine, looks like 40mm x 12mm, 1.75mm thread pitch.

  3. Zaf

    Zaf Guest

    Bigwheel <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > George Stutevil wrote:
    > > Darn it...when I took my Thule 985 - 4 Bike Hitching Post out of the hitch mount, I must have
    > > left the hitch bolt somewhere. Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can run to the
    > > hardware store and get one? Thanks
    >

    > Just measured mine, looks like 40mm x 12mm, 1.75mm thread pitch.

    If you find one that fits, see if you can get the high strength version of the bolt. I love my rack,
    but it always bothered me that the $3K of bikes I put on it has just one bolt holding them on.

  4. On 27 Jun 2003 20:04:31 -0700, [email protected] (Zaf) wrote:

    >If you find one that fits, see if you can get the high strength version of the bolt. I love
    >my rack, but it always bothered me that the $3K of bikes I put on it has just one bolt
    >holding them on.

    I pull (and stop) a 2000 pound trailer with the same "one bolt" holding the hitch in the receiver.

    Your bikes will be just fine. <G>

    Barry