Thule "Wheel On" Roof Rack Wheel Holder

litespeedguy

Sep 13, 2003
On a recent road trip I looked up through the sun roof and could see the wheel and holder vibrating and shaking violently - is this normal ? - speed was around 70 - of course you wouldn't notice it if you didn't have a sun roof !

I have had the same problem on a couple of occasions. It typically happens when the wheel is spinning or the quick release is not tight enough. To correct the issue I make sure the wheel is pressed firmly down such that it can't spin as well as ensuring the quick release is tightened very well. This has stopped the vibration for me.

kbone said:
I have had the same problem on a couple of occasions. It typically happens when the wheel is spinning or the quick release is not tight enough. To correct the issue I make sure the wheel is pressed firmly down such that it can't spin as well as ensuring the quick release is tightened very well. This has stopped the vibration for me.

You may also try to use some velcro straps or other apparatus to prevent the wheel spin. On a hundred mile trip the wear and tear will start to add up on the hubs.

You may also try to use some velcro straps or other apparatus to prevent the wheel spin. On a hundred mile trip the wear and tear will start to add up on the hubs.