Thumbs up for RANS

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Seth Jayson, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    We know they make bikes we like, but I just have to comment on what a good group of people they have
    out there in Kansas.

    I called today to ask for some ideas about how to approach seat creep, and maybe solicit hints
    on a restretch for seatback mesh, which I seem to have loosened an awful lot in one season.
    (Pointy back?)

    Result: they're sending another shim and QR for seat, plus new seat mesh. No charge. Fedex.

    They deserve all the business they get, and more.

    This is another great benefit of riding 'bent: buying from small companies that work hard and
    actually care about their products and their customers.

    Sj

    Tags:

  2. R2D2

    R2D2 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    My Rans had problems with seat creep. I took some coarse sandpaper and roughed-up the slider surfaces, and clamp surfaces. No creep. :)
    R2

  3. Brian Martin

    Brian Martin Guest

    My Rocket had a slight problem which was fixed with help from this board two years ago. It was a
    simple turn and screw clamp (like on a car radiator hose). Some tape to protect paint and then the
    clamp, and voila....

    Brian
    PS clamps are real cheap too!

    R2D2 wrote:
    > Seth Jayson wrote:
    > > We know they make bikes we like, but I just have to comment on what a good group of people
    > > they have out there in Kansas. I called today to ask for some ideas about how to approach seat
    > > creep Sj
    >
    > My Rans had problems with seat creep. I took some coarse sandpaper and roughed-up the slider
    > surfaces, and clamp surfaces. No creep. :) R2

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Brian Martin wrote:

    > My Rocket had a slight problem which was fixed with help from this board two years ago. It was a
    > simple turn and screw clamp (like on a car radiator hose)....

    The item referred to is known as a Jubilee Clip. [1]

    [1] < http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_2/FXJC.JPG >

  5. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    also, a small thin piece of rubber between the seat base and rail top will "creep no more" i've used
    this method dozen times with success on bikes.

    R2D2 wrote:
    > Seth Jayson wrote:
    > > We know they make bikes we like, but I just have to comment on what a good group of people
    > > they have out there in Kansas. I called today to ask for some ideas about how to approach seat
    > > creep Sj
    >
    > My Rans had problems with seat creep. I took some coarse sandpaper and roughed-up the slider
    > surfaces, and clamp surfaces. No creep. :) R2

  6. Another use for blown inner tubes.

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > also, a small thin piece of rubber between the seat base and rail top will "creep no more" i've
    > used this method dozen times with success on bikes.
    >
    > R2D2 wrote:
    > > Seth Jayson wrote:
    > > > We know they make bikes we like, but I just have to comment on what
    > > > good group of people they have out there in Kansas. I called today to ask for some ideas
    > > > about how to approach seat
    creep
    > > > Sj
    > >
    > > My Rans had problems with seat creep. I took some coarse sandpaper and roughed-up the slider
    > > surfaces, and clamp surfaces. No creep. :) R2
    > >

    > > --

  7. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > > > My Rans had problems with seat creep. I took some coarse sandpaper and roughed-up the slider
    > > > surfaces, and clamp surfaces. No creep. :) R2

    This thought occurred to me shortly after I called them. I'm going to rough up the aluminum on the
    shims. Pipe clamp is at the ready, just in case. Either way, RANS efforts are much appreciated.

  8. Scott

    Scott Guest

    > Brian Martin wrote:
    > >
    > > My Rocket had a slight problem which was fixed with help from this board two years ago. It was a
    > > simple turn and screw clamp (like on a car radiator hose)....
    >
    > The item referred to is known as a Jubilee Clip. [1]
    >
    > [1] < http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_2/FXJC.JPG >

    Tom: You are one scary dude! I'd hate to get on your bad side ;)

    Scott

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Scott wrote:

    > Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The item referred to is known as a Jubilee Clip. [1]
    > >
    > > [1] < http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/Products/size_2/FXJC.JPG >
    > >
    > Tom: You are one scary dude! I'd hate to get on your bad side ;)

    Scott,

    You can always put some of these on your bike. < http://www.showoffstainless.com/clamps.html > [1]

    [1] Formerly known as "Krome Klamps"