thumbshifters

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John.W, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. John.W

    John.W Guest

    Just been browsing through ebay uk, and noticed a few sets of thumbshifters incase theres any retro
    boys in britain out there looking for some. a pair of suntour accushift and a pair of new deore dx
    7's stand out. ahhhhhh remember the simplicity of it all :))

    Tags:

  2. Wiscottsin

    Wiscottsin Guest

    "John.w" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just been browsing through ebay uk, and noticed a few sets of thumbshifters incase theres any
    > retro boys in britain out there looking for some. a pair of suntour accushift and a pair of new
    > deore dx 7's stand out. ahhhhhh remember the simplicity of it all :))

    MMMM.... thumbshifters.....

    If I could have Shimano build any one custom part for me, it would be a set of 9 speed thumbshifters
    ( and probably a pair of ten speed ones too for the next generation of cassettes surely to come )

  3. Marcus Coles

    Marcus Coles Guest

    WiScottsin wrote:
    > "John.w" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Just been browsing through ebay uk, and noticed a few sets of thumbshifters incase theres any
    >>retro boys in britain out there looking for some. a pair of suntour accushift and a pair of new
    >>deore dx 7's stand out. ahhhhhh remember the simplicity of it all :))
    >

    > MMMM.... thumbshifters.....
    >
    > If I could have Shimano build any one custom part for me, it would be a set of 9 speed
    > thumbshifters ( and probably a pair of ten speed ones too for the next generation of cassettes
    > surely to come )

    A solution: http://www.forge-mtb.com/shifters.asp?cat=FORGEMTB&catalog=FORGEMTBF

  4. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Marcus Coles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > WiScottsin wrote:
    > > "John.w" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>Just been browsing through ebay uk, and noticed a few sets of thumbshifters incase theres any
    > >>retro boys in britain out there looking for some. a pair of suntour accushift and a pair of new
    > >>deore dx 7's stand out. ahhhhhh remember the simplicity of it all :))
    > >

    > > MMMM.... thumbshifters.....
    > >
    > > If I could have Shimano build any one custom part for me, it would be a
    set
    > > of 9 speed thumbshifters ( and probably a pair of ten speed ones too for
    the
    > > next generation of cassettes surely to come )
    > >

    > A solution: http://www.forge-mtb.com/shifters.asp?cat=FORGEMTB&catalog=FORGEMTBF

    These are what we have needed for years and years. I'm going to buy a set as soon as I can find a
    US dealer.

    Barry

  5. Marcus Coles

    Marcus Coles Guest

    >>http://www.forge-mtb.com/shifters.asp?cat=FORGEMTB&catalog=FORGEMTBF
    >

    > These are what we have needed for years and years. I'm going to buy a set as soon as I can find a
    > US dealer.
    >
    > Barry

    I had seen pictures of the prototype last year and thought they looked like a great idea, but
    dismissed it since very few good ideas ever make it to production.

    mentioned them as available and not too expensive.

    I've never done business with Forge, but generally speaking doing business directly with UK
    suppliers is not too much of a hassle. They do speak a variation of the English language ;)

    Marcus