Ti Frames

tonykara

Jun 9, 2004
Does anyone ride a Ti frame? if so how confortable compared to other materials are they, how stiff etc......
also im looking at a custom titanium and the framebuilder is offering me either straight stays or curved, will the frame be too flexi if i choose this option or should i dump the Ti and go for steel or carbon?

Originally posted by tonykara
>also im looking at a custom titanium and the framebuilder is

Is this the Xiang mob?
Who is the builder?
Are there any Ti builders in Oz?

hippy
- steel is real, alu for value :p

yep Xian......i sent him probably a dozen emails until i got all my answers, i even had him take a photo of a frame with curved seatstays, his last reply was in bold. it seemed he was a little ****** off, but i told him i wasnt forking out for a frame i hadnt seen. my last question was can you get the frame polished in which he replied NO!

>Originally posted by tonykara
>yep Xian......i sent him probably a dozen emails until i got all my >answers, i even had him take a photo of a frame with curved >seatstays, his last reply was in bold. it seemed he was a little >****** off, but i told him i wasnt forking out for a frame i hadnt >seen. my last question was can you get the frame polished in >which he replied NO!

Hmm.. probably inhaled a little too much argon..

I have heard good things about this mob though. I think it was
"Andrew"(??) that has one and there has been a bit of discussion
in rec.bicycles.tech (mostly yanks and poms).

For purely asthetic reasons I'd prefer a carbon frame over the ti.

I'd like another road frame - a flashy commuter for when the
knees don't want to deal with the ss or fix. Mmm exotic materials..

hippy