Ti Rigid Fork

Bloocow

Guest
I was thinking it would be nice to have a fork the same colour as my frame preferably in Ti as well.
So for vanity's sake, I'm looking for options but I've only found Morati and Ti Cycles. Google has
revealed Kona, Mrazek and Interloc Racing Design used to have Ti forks but I can't find it on their
sites anymore. Anyone know where else I can find titanium straight bladed rigid forks?

Cheers,

bloocow.

"bloocow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was thinking it would be nice to have a fork the same colour as my frame preferably in Ti as
> well. So for vanity's sake, I'm looking for options
but
> I've only found Morati and Ti Cycles. Google has revealed Kona, Mrazek and Interloc Racing Design
> used to have Ti forks but I can't find it on their sites anymore. Anyone know where else I can
> find titanium straight bladed rigid forks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> bloocow.

On-One has one.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/products/inbred__ti_forks.shtml

Gary in VA (riding one of their steel Inbreds)

I seem to remember Spicer doing one, and maybe Vicious - can't find the Vicious link, and Spicer is
redesigning their page at the mo. Typical!

Steve

> I seem to remember Spicer doing one, and maybe Vicious - can't find the
Vicious
> link, and Spicer is redesigning their page at the mo. Typical!
>
> Steve

Doesn't do any good to look for a Vicious link. If I remember right there is no info on their
website. I have one of their steel disk forks on my SS and really like it. Spicer does have a ti
fork if I remember right.

Gary in VA

I bought one from http://www.spicercycles.com/fork.html#fork Weighs 1.25 lbs on grocery scale. Sweet
fork, and about 2.5 lbs less then my previous fork (judy Race). It gives you over 1 inch vertical
flex and is very stiff lateraly - important for brakes. Suspension forks are overkill - in my
opinion- for XC riding. So are disk brakes. I ride in So Cal - mostly hardpack in SM Mountains.

Alex

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:59:26 +0800, bloocow <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was thinking it would be nice to have a fork the same colour as my frame preferably in Ti as
> well. So for vanity's sake, I'm looking for options but I've only found Morati and Ti Cycles.
> Google has revealed Kona, Mrazek and Interloc Racing Design used to have Ti forks but I can't find
> it on their sites anymore. Anyone know where else I can find titanium straight bladed rigid forks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> bloocow.

Mrazek and Morati are the same. The IRD was a four-piece fork like the old Bontragers. A real nice
fork, though... I have friends that still ride them. I'd never heard that Kona sold a ti fork, but
if they did odds are it was made by Spinner. Good luck on that one. I seem to recall somebody (Per
Lowdin, perhaps?) posted a link to a Swedish ti bike company that made forks as well as frames, but
I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up.

Miles

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:35:47 GMT, "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> blathered:

>> I was thinking it would be nice to have a fork the same colour as my frame preferably in Ti
>> as well.

>On-One has one. http://www.on-one.co.uk/products/inbred__ti_forks.shtml

The On-One steel fork rides very well (I've been running one for the last couple of months), so I'm
assuming the ti version will too.

>Gary in VA (riding one of their steel Inbreds)

I was riding my new Inbred this morning too....
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/skiddaw-sunrise2.jpg

----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

the Kona fork was a Ti version of their Project 2, retailed for £799 over here. No longer made
though, I think they stopped in about '94-'95 ish.

the on-one forks are probably the nicest looking and the most reasonably priced at £199.

Nik

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:prmg7o5bklkb6ka@news-server...
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 09:59:26 +0800, bloocow <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I was thinking it would be nice to have a fork the same colour as my frame preferably in Ti as
> > well. So for vanity's sake, I'm looking for options but I've only found Morati and Ti Cycles.
> > Google has revealed Kona, Mrazek and Interloc Racing Design used to have Ti forks but I can't
> > find it on
their
> > sites anymore. Anyone know where else I can find titanium straight
bladed
> > rigid forks?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > bloocow.
> >

> Mrazek and Morati are the same. The IRD was a four-piece fork like the
old
> Bontragers. A real nice fork, though... I have friends that still ride them. I'd never heard that
> Kona sold a ti fork, but if they did odds are it was made by Spinner. Good luck on that one. I
> seem to recall somebody (Per Lowdin, perhaps?) posted a link to a
Swedish
> ti bike company that made forks as well as frames, but I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up.
>

> Miles

Thanks for all the info! The On-one's seem to be the most convenient one to go for since I know the
guy here who deals with them. After my initial search I thought all ti forks would be costly so I
thought I probably wouldn't be changing mine but now I probably will!

bloocow.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:39:40 GMT, "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> blathered:

>> >Gary in VA (riding one of their steel Inbreds)
>>
>> I was riding my new Inbred this morning too....
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/skiddaw-sunrise2.jpg
>
>I like the SS Inbred so much I'll probably be getting the geared version of it one of these days.

Early days for me yet, but seems good so far. You may be aware that Shimano are bringing out a
'freeride' groupset that, among other things, will have a rear mech that bolts onto the hub axle
rather than the dropout: http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article.asp?UAN=3201 Opens up interesting
possibilities as far as having one frame that really DOES do it all.....

----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Early days for me yet, but seems good so far. You may be aware that Shimano are bringing out a
> 'freeride' groupset that, among other things, will have a rear mech that bolts onto the hub axle
> rather than the dropout: http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article.asp?UAN=3201 Opens up interesting
> possibilities as far as having one frame that really DOES do it all.....

I've seen that freeride group (Saint) but didn't think about using the rear mech on my SS frame.
Would make it pretty easy to make it a 8S.

Gary in VA (thanks Pete for the idea)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:15:05 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> blathered:

>>>http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/skiddaw-sunrise2.jpg
>Aren't you afraid you're going to snap that seatpost?

It looks a bit mad in that picture, less so here:
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/inbred3.jpg It's a 400mm Raceface with 140 mm still in
the frame so it should be fine...

>Is that the largest frame they make?

Yup, 20". Contrary to Sorni's opinion, this isn't an optical illusion:
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/inbred4.jpg

>Where ARE the trees?

I'll go out a take a picture of the tree tomorrow.

----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

"Nik Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> the Kona fork was a Ti version of their Project 2, retailed for £799 over here. No longer made
> though, I think they stopped in about '94-'95 ish.

£799 for a rigid fork. ***********.

Andy Chequer, bike and car together worth less than that.