Tiagra cassette fits on ultegra hub?

ericmorin

Jan 25, 2004
Just picked up a new set of wheels and its got shimano hub that's 9-speed compat. Right now I got Tiagra hub and cassette that's 9-speed also...
Will that tiagra cassette fit on the hub or should I go out and just get a new ultegra cassette?
I'm mostly a rec/commute rider.
THanks, -e

Originally posted by ericmorin
Just picked up a new set of wheels and its got shimano hub that's 9-speed compat. Right now I got Tiagra hub and cassette that's 9-speed also...
Will that tiagra cassette fit on the hub or should I go out and just get a new ultegra cassette?
I'm mostly a rec/commute rider.
THanks, -e

No compatibility issues to worry about, it will fit fine.

Originally posted by Cipher
No compatibility issues to worry about, it will fit fine.

Hey thanks alot!
My bike is mostly Tiagra components with about 1500 miles on them since last may.. everything still feels good, except the right shifter seems to stick just a tad.. but just might need some lube.
Got about $100 or so, recommend anything big to start out on for upgrades? Ultegra derrailer? shifters? brakes?
-thanks

i'd save up and buy a whole new groupset

upgrading part by part is a quick way to add 50% to the cost of your upgrades

i'm in the same boat and just decided to take the plunge and buy a new bike rather than fight spot fires on my old one

Originally posted by Duckwah
i'd save up and buy a whole new groupset

upgrading part by part is a quick way to add 50% to the cost of your upgrades

i'm in the same boat and just decided to take the plunge and buy a new bike rather than fight spot fires on my old one
A whole groupset? What DA or record?..I'd just ride it till stuff actually wears out and replace as needed.