Tiemly advent of the Holidays for Winningtime debate.

big_h

Oct 24, 2001
The holidays could not have come at a better time for the whole debacle/debate around Winningtime. With all evidence removed from the ARGUS website and nobody commenting on this issue it seems that we placid cyclists have accepted that we will have to fork out money and have the will of administrators of our sport unconstitutionally imposed on us. Think of what value you will get when you strap that ^$#^%&amp;&amp;^%$$ chip onto you ankle<br /><br />Keep those wheels spinning<br /><br />Big H

Hey Big H,<br /><br />I've decided to give WTime the benefit of the doubt for a few months (will assess the situation again then).<br /><br />They certainly know they have their work cut out - the poll on this site showed the vast majority (94%+) preferred Winning Time.<br /><br />I reckon buying the chip is the right thing to do - that way WTime have one code per person and can easily collate and present data.<br /><br />They've also promised a South African website.<br /><br />That said if they don't deliver I'm going to go on an anti WTime tirade of note - I was unhappy with them before I coughed up a few bucks for a chip - if they still suck after taking my money and making promises I'm going to be more than a little peeved.<br /><br />I hope Dave B is reading this!

[quote author=Eldron link=board=10;threadid=2831;start=0#msg24003 date=1041848697]<br />They certainly know they have their work cut out - the poll on this site showed the vast majority (94%+) preferred Winning Time.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />You mean Champion Chip right? ;)<br /><br />cheers!

[quote author=Steve link=board=10;threadid=2831;start=0#msg24006 date=1041849343]<br />You mean Champion Chip right? ;)<br /><br />cheers!<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />DOH!!!!!!!

After all the abuse about winning time chips last year I thought we would come back from the hols with a good positive attitude...... Sorry guys, here they go again.. I just didnt get a time for the Hypa to Hypa on Sunday. Funny, they havent replied to my mail iether. Wonder why ?
Argus here we come.

I must give credit where its due. Had a visit to cyclelab and bumped into the Winningtime man, he happened to be there to sort out some other problem. He looked into my situation, found the problem and my time and sent the results through to the Super Cycling site. Thanks David Bellairs.. I am all smiles again.