Tifosi Frames - What do you think?

janiejones

Jul 8, 2005
I've been searching for a new frame for sometime now - I'm in no hurry - I really like the look of the Tifosi CK4 (and it's price) I don't race, so it's just for recreational.

Has anybody used this frame, or other Tifosi frames? If so, what do you think, problems etc???? Quality, welds, paint?

I heard they are made in Belgium? Is this correct?

I rode one for one season about 3 years ago. Exceptional quality, and good value for the money. However, it is definately quite stiff and made for racing. I ride a 54cm, and at my weight (about 62 kilos), I thought it was a bit overly stiff. However, if you weigh more or are a big-gear masher, you would probably find it to your liking. If you are not intending to race, you may want to look at their other frames? As a side note, the paint schemes are beautifully done - they are purportedly painted in Belgium in the factory where Pinarello used to have their frames painted. In fact if you find images of the old Pinarelo Prince from around 2002 or so and compare it to the CK5....the designs are indistinguishable except for the color scheme! I don't know where the frames are actually welded together, however. Although the CK4 has Altec 2 tubing, IIRC. The welds were nicely done, as well.