Tilford and his WORLD Championship Jersey....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rob Benetton, May 27, 2003.

  1. Rob Benetton

    Rob Benetton Guest

    Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was World
    Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey in the
    discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be confined to
    sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules regarding this?

    Tags:

  2. "Rob Benetton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    > jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was
    > World Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey
    > in the discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be
    > confined to sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules
    > regarding this?

    I earned my World Championship jersey by filling out the form in the Performance catalog and wear it
    everywhere I go. Never had a problem.

    Kurgan Gringioni rbr Masters World Champion

  3. Tilford is just Tilford. He has been racing longer than most of the guys in that field have been
    alive so no one really cares which jersey he wears.

    jason

  4. catbsq

    catbsq Guest

    He was smart enough not to wear it at Snake Alley.

    It would have gotten all dirty when he rolled a tire and ate shit on turn
    #1...

    "Rob Benetton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    > jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was
    > World Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey
    > in the discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be
    > confined to sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules
    > regarding this?

  5. >Subject: Re: Tilford and his WORLD Championship Jersey.... From: [email protected] Date: 5/27/03
    >2:55 PM Central Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >He was smart enough not to wear it at Snake Alley.
    >
    >It would have gotten all dirty when he rolled a tire and ate shit on turn
    >#1...

    :)

    Ventura and Tilford had a bad weekend...

  6. Omc

    Omc Guest

    [email protected] (Rob Benetton) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    > jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was
    > World Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey
    > in the discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be
    > confined to sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules
    > regarding this?

    Tilford only has one jersey............sold everything else at Veloswap this year. Don't ask him
    about his only pair of shorts !

    OMC

  7. Phoenix

    Phoenix Guest

    [email protected] (Rob Benetton) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    > jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was
    > World Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey
    > in the discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be
    > confined to sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules
    > regarding this?

    You are correct on the rule, but the promoters of non-national level races like the PR.

  8. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tilford is just Tilford. He has been racing longer than most of the
    guys in
    > that field have been alive so no one really cares which jersey he
    wears.

    At Sea Otter he looked more like a World Champion than anyone else there in the MTB competition.
    That is when he turned off his hearing aid and got rid of the crutches.

  9. Sabine

    Sabine Guest

    [email protected] (Rob Benetton) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yesterday at The Quad Cities Criterium,in Rock Island,Ill.,Steve Tilford was wearing a plain blue
    > jersey with the World Championship bands around the chest...not just trim bands.I know he was
    > World Masters Mountainbike Champ(year?)but I thought the rules state you can only wear the jersey
    > in the discipline in which it was won.And that in subsequent years the rainbow colors must be
    > confined to sleeve trim...I can't find any clarification on this.Does anyone know the rules
    > regarding this?

    The jersey is current. http://www.pbase.com/image/4887262 His only infraction was wearing it in a
    different discipline. Big whoop.

    Sabine