Guest
http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-

Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
16.5K
1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
Topeka KS 41:00
2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
Littleton CO 42:16
3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
E. Wareham MA 42:37
4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
Team Denver CO 42:39
5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
Morgantown WV

Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-
>
> Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> 16.5K
> 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
> Topeka KS 41:00
> 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
> Littleton CO 42:16
> 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
> E. Wareham MA 42:37
> 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
> Team Denver CO 42:39
> 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
> Morgantown WV

A win is a win, (but no offense intended) as a full time rider in the 45-49
group that should be a given. If he can win in a significantly lower age
class, then that will be impressive.

On Dec 15, 6:32 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
>
> >http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-

> > Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> > 16.5K
> > 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
> > Topeka KS 41:00
> > 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
> > Littleton CO 42:16
> > 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
> > E. Wareham MA 42:37
> > 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
> > Team Denver CO 42:39
> > 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
> > Morgantown WVA win is a win, (but no offense intended) as a full time rider in the 45-49

> group that should be a given. If he can win in a significantly lower age
> class, then that will be impressive.

I'm gonna lead the charge for a hundred new Jersies next year.
Everyone should get one damnit!
I agree that he should win, but you've still got to go do it. He went
by the current rules and got it done. Doesn't always happen.
Bill C

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
>> Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
>> 16.5K
>> 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
>> Topeka KS 41:00
>> 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
>> Littleton CO 42:16
>> 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
>> E. Wareham MA 42:37
>> 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
>> Team Denver CO 42:39
>> 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
>> Morgantown WV

> A win is a win, (but no offense intended) as a full time rider in the
> 45-49 group that should be a given. If he can win in a significantly lower
> age class, then that will be impressive.

I agree for this particular cx race, but the guy has gotten some decent
results lately, even in some UCI events. E.g., a month ago he rode the Tour
of Southland http://www.tourofsouthland.com/2006/default.asp on a USA geezer
all-star team and fought to a top-15 gc in some wicked conditions.

btw, Bill C.'s link doesn't have the 50-54 result... what happened in that
race?

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> writes:

> Bill C wrote:
> > http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-
> >
> > Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> > 16.5K
> > 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano

> WOW!!!!!!!!

musta been a mad scramble too

note the 119 starters
--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]

Bill C wrote:
> http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-
>
> Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> 16.5K
> 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
> Topeka KS 41:00
> 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
> Littleton CO 42:16
> 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
> E. Wareham MA 42:37
> 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
> Team Denver CO 42:39
> 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
> Morgantown WV
>
> Bill C

Having just read the interview on Velonews.com, I have to ask... did
Tilford ever go to school? He talks like a poorly educated 17 year
old. What a shame a grown man comes across so poorly. I mean like,
you know?

Fred

On Dec 15, 6:48 pm, "Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > Bill C wrote:
> >> Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> >> 16.5K
> >> 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
> >> Topeka KS 41:00
> >> 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
> >> Littleton CO 42:16
> >> 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
> >> E. Wareham MA 42:37
> >> 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
> >> Team Denver CO 42:39
> >> 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
> >> Morgantown WV

> > A win is a win, (but no offense intended) as a full time rider in the
> > 45-49 group that should be a given. If he can win in a significantly lower
> > age class, then that will be impressive.I agree for this particular cx race, but the guy has gotten some decent

> results lately, even in some UCI events. E.g., a month ago he rode the Tour
> of Southlandhttp://www.tourofsouthland.com/2006/default.aspon a USA geezer
> all-star team and fought to a top-15 gc in some wicked conditions.
>
> btw, Bill C.'s link doesn't have the 50-54 result... what happened in that
> race?
>
> Markhttp://marcofanelli.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Ned Overend
Not sure when it got fixed, but I talked to them this morning and
seems all is now good.
Bill C

On Dec 15, 4:32 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
>
> >http://www.velocityresults.net/results/71/usa-cycling-cyclocross-

> > Master Men 45-49 119 Starters
> > 16.5K
> > 1 1201 Steve TILFORD Verge/Shimano
> > Topeka KS 41:00
> > 2 1224 Dennis FARRELL Red Rocks Velo
> > Littleton CO 42:16
> > 3 1202 Kevin HINES Gear Works / Spin Arts
> > E. Wareham MA 42:37
> > 4 1205 Karl KIESTER Spike Professional Cycling
> > Team Denver CO 42:39
> > 5 1210 Gunnar SHOGREN FORT Factory Team
> > Morgantown WVA win is a win, (but no offense intended) as a full time rider in the 45-49

> group that should be a given. If he can win in a significantly lower age
> class, then that will be impressive.

How about Paul Curley and several other "A Masters", who have won A
masters races this year, and/or are ranked in the VERGE or Cranks
series in the A masters racing in the Masters B35 plus race on Sunday?

I mean, its great that they are still bike geeks at 50 and all, and
cant get enough races in the weekend, but that doesnt seem right. If
Curley had won 50 plus, wouldnt he have been in the Berry Cup (A race)
sunday? Didnt he do the A race last year in fact? Its a non UCI A
race. He, and all the other Cat 2 masters would never have gotten away
with that at Sterling or any other New England race this year.

I feel weird ragging on a legend like Paul, but seriously, what were
they doing (and it was not just him) in the B race Sunday?

Where are the rules here? Isnt it the Feds job to inform the promoter
of, and later enforce the rules? Anybody can race where ever they want
now or what? How is this different then if Tilford did the B35? Would
that have been allowed to? Maybe Mark McCormack next year?

Just so I dont sound like such a *****, the weekend went flawlessly,
the starts and the course handled the field sizes quite nicely, and it
was a very well run event. I do not support field limits anymore now
that I have seen that with the right course, its very possible to run
220 people in a cross race (I think Hell just froze over). I just
question the rules and direction and oversight under which the
promoters ran the event.

Jerry