Tilford to Healthnet?

[email protected] wrote:
> Seems a little off but heard its a done deal, anyone else hear this?

August 19. 2006 3:11PM

Tyler Hamilton, Aimee Vasse win Mount Washington bike race

The Associated Press

Olympic gold medalist Tyler Hamilton, who's been suspended from
sanctioned races for the past two years, returned to the White
Mountains Saturday to win the only race he has been free to ride - the
7.6-mile Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb.

Grosse Point, Mich.-native Aimee Vasse won for the women, coming in at
1:08:31 to place 22nd overall in a field of almost 600 riders.
Hamilton's time was 52:21. His suspension over a blood doping offense
ends Sept. 22, just in time for the World Cycling Championships on
Sept. 24.

For Hamilton, of Marblehead, Mass., the race was a time trial, for
Vasse a tactical contest.

"I went as hard as I could from the bottom of the hill," Hamilton said.

Riders faced wet conditions, with a sudden rainsquall at the start, wet
fog on the upper slopes, and a 20-mph wind.

Hamilton's closest pursuer was 51-year-old former world mountain bike
champion Ned Overend of Durango, Colo., who placed fourth here in 2005.
Overend finished in 54:41. Third place went to Ian Ayers, of Atlantic
Highlands, N.J., who was making his fifth, and best, appearance here.

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] wrote:

> Riders faced wet conditions, with a sudden rainsquall at the start, wet
> fog on the upper slopes, and a 20-mph wind.

This is why it is run in the middle of August: the
probability of a hell-blizzard is at a minimum.

--
Michael Press

[email protected] wrote:
> I'd forget Tilford and sign Overend. 51! **** that guy's not human.
>

> [email protected] wrote:
> > Seems a little off but heard its a done deal, anyone else hear this?

He's got as much chance of being signed by a pro team (even D3) as Kent
Bostick.

Scott wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > Seems a little off but heard its a done deal, anyone else hear this?

> He's got as much chance of being signed by a pro team (even D3) as Kent
> Bostick.

Not that I've paid close attention but it seems Tilford is doing pretty well
these days, certainly much better than Bostick who has dropped way off the
radar. Seems that Tilford almost got the amateur crit championship today...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2...Ocrit06/USPROcrit064/JD_06elitecrit_leogrande

(He looks pretty disappointed with 2nd)

In article <Z_7Gg.1415$AP2.317@fed1read10>,
"Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Scott wrote:

> > He's got as much chance of being signed by a pro team (even D3) as Kent
> > Bostick.

> Not that I've paid close attention but it seems Tilford is doing pretty well
> these days, certainly much better than Bostick who has dropped way off the
> radar. Seems that Tilford almost got the amateur crit championship today...
>
> <http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/?id=/photos/2006/aug0

6/USPROcrit06/USPROcrit064/JD_06elitecrit_leogrande>

> (He looks pretty disappointed with 2nd)

Damn, Kayle Leo Grande has certainly got some ink on him. Nice...

By the way, it's nice to see occasional rbr poster Dan Schmatz get a fourth in
the USPRO race.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/?id=results/USPROcrit065

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <Z_7Gg.1415$AP2.317@fed1read10>,

> > > He's got as much chance of being signed by a pro team (even D3) as Kent
> > > Bostick.

> > Not that I've paid close attention but it seems Tilford is doing pretty
> > well
> > these days, certainly much better than Bostick who has dropped way off the
> > radar. Seems that Tilford almost got the amateur crit championship today...
> >
> > <http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/?id=/photos/2006/a
> > ug0

> 6/USPROcrit06/USPROcrit064/JD_06elitecrit_leogrande>
> >
> > (He looks pretty disappointed with 2nd)

> Damn, Kayle Leo Grande has certainly got some ink on him. Nice...

When his ink-man asked him what he wanted, he just said, "not in the
face!"

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Damn, Kayle Leo Grande has certainly got some ink on him. Nice...

> When his ink-man asked him what he wanted, he just said, "not in the
> face!"

And if the artist had recently watched Repo Man, that's exactly where he would
have gone to work.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Damn, Kayle Leo Grande has certainly got some ink on him. Nice...

> > When his ink-man asked him what he wanted, he just said, "not in the
> > face!"

> And if the artist had recently watched Repo Man, that's exactly where he
> would
> have gone to work.

The Clinger Explanation?

Insert obligatory "cyclists being comfortable around needles" joke here.