Tim Tam Recipes

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by augie, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. augie

    augie Guest

    From my brother:

    Tim Tam Recipes.

    NAKED
    Eat an icy-cold Tim Tam all on its lonesome.

    TIM TAM HEAVEN
    Crush 3 Tim Tams up into a dessert bowl, pour 1 shot glass of Port or
    Muskat over them, top with sweetened cream and chocolate sprinkles.

    TIM TAMS WITH BERRIES & ICECREAM
    Tim Tams served with strawberry and vanilla icecream sprinkled with some
    fresh berries.

    TIM TAM CHEESECAKE
    Make your favourite cheese cake however use crushed Tim Tam biscuits and
    butter to make the crust.

    TIM TAM SLAM
    Also known as the TIM TAM Suck or TIM TAM Bomb. Grab a Tim Tam and a
    warm drink (coffee, milo or tea). Nibble both ends off the biscuit and
    use it as a straw for your drink. When its saturated, quickly SLAM it in
    your gob before it falls apart. It can get kinda messy, but who cares
    when it tastes that GOOD!

    TIM TAM CHOCOLATE SUNDAE
    Twiggy at www.geocities.com recommends the "Tim Tam Sundae". Get 4 Tim
    Tam Chocolate Biscuits (roughly chopped), add extra creamy Ice Cream,
    then 2 tablespoons Hot Fudge Chocolate and sprinkle on some Toppings to
    taste. Look at their photo of the final product
    (www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/2436/timtams/recipies.html):

    TIM TAM CHEWY CARAMEL EXPLOSION
    At Arnotts (www.arnotts.com) they suggest the Chewy Tim Tam Caramel
    Explosion. Get 1 pack Chewy Caramel Tim Tams roughly chopped, 8 generous
    scoops Vanilla Ice-cream & 8 tbs Caramel Topping with Chocolate
    sprinkles to garnish.

    TIM TAM THICKSHAKE
    The Editors at www.coffeebreak.com.au recommend the "Tim Tam
    Thickshake". Mix a packet of Tim Tams, 8 scoops of vanilla icecream &
    400ml milk in a blender. Rich, thick and full of chocolate. Hmmm. They
    even photographed their yummy creation

    TIM TAM CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
    At www.coffeebreak.com.au they also have this awesome recipe for "Tim
    Tam Chocolate Mousse". Get 2 packets Instant Chocolate Mousse (Mocha
    flavour works well), 1 packet Arnott's Tim Tam biscuits and 2 tbs
    Baileys. Method: Make up Chocolate Mousse according to packet details.
    Place the Tim Tams into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
    Stir into mousse mix, and add Baileys. Stir gently. Allow to chill (as
    per mousse packet details). Then serve!

    TIM TAM FONDUE
    I haven't been able to find a Tim Tam Fondue recipe yet, but I'm sure it
    must exist. Hmmm, just imagine dipping fresh strawberries, pineapple
    pieces, berries, banana and mango into a warm thick Tim Tam sauce.

    TIM TAM MARTINI
    Make the Tim Tam Thickshake (above) but add nip of Baileys (Irish Cream
    Liquor), Frangelico (Hazelnut Liquor), Kahlua (Coffee Liquor) or Creme
    de Menth (Mint Liquor) to it.

    --

    fini.

    Tags:

  2. Soy Latte

    Soy Latte Guest

    "augie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > From my brother:
    >
    > Tim Tam Recipes.
    >
    > NAKED
    > Eat an icy-cold Tim Tam all on its lonesome.
    >
    > TIM TAM HEAVEN
    > Crush 3 Tim Tams up into a dessert bowl, pour 1 shot glass of Port or
    > Muskat over them, top with sweetened cream and chocolate sprinkles.
    >
    > TIM TAMS WITH BERRIES & ICECREAM
    > Tim Tams served with strawberry and vanilla icecream sprinkled with some
    > fresh berries.
    >
    > TIM TAM CHEESECAKE
    > Make your favourite cheese cake however use crushed Tim Tam biscuits and
    > butter to make the crust.
    >
    > TIM TAM SLAM
    > Also known as the TIM TAM Suck or TIM TAM Bomb. Grab a Tim Tam and a
    > warm drink (coffee, milo or tea). Nibble both ends off the biscuit and
    > use it as a straw for your drink. When its saturated, quickly SLAM it in
    > your gob before it falls apart. It can get kinda messy, but who cares
    > when it tastes that GOOD!
    >
    > TIM TAM CHOCOLATE SUNDAE
    > Twiggy at www.geocities.com recommends the "Tim Tam Sundae". Get 4 Tim
    > Tam Chocolate Biscuits (roughly chopped), add extra creamy Ice Cream,
    > then 2 tablespoons Hot Fudge Chocolate and sprinkle on some Toppings to
    > taste. Look at their photo of the final product
    > (www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/2436/timtams/recipies.html):
    >

    > TIM TAM CHEWY CARAMEL EXPLOSION
    > At Arnotts (www.arnotts.com) they suggest the Chewy Tim Tam Caramel
    > Explosion. Get 1 pack Chewy Caramel Tim Tams roughly chopped, 8 generous
    > scoops Vanilla Ice-cream & 8 tbs Caramel Topping with Chocolate
    > sprinkles to garnish.
    >

    > TIM TAM THICKSHAKE
    > The Editors at www.coffeebreak.com.au recommend the "Tim Tam
    > Thickshake". Mix a packet of Tim Tams, 8 scoops of vanilla icecream &
    > 400ml milk in a blender. Rich, thick and full of chocolate. Hmmm. They
    > even photographed their yummy creation
    >

    > TIM TAM CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
    > At www.coffeebreak.com.au they also have this awesome recipe for "Tim
    > Tam Chocolate Mousse". Get 2 packets Instant Chocolate Mousse (Mocha
    > flavour works well), 1 packet Arnott's Tim Tam biscuits and 2 tbs
    > Baileys. Method: Make up Chocolate Mousse according to packet details.
    > Place the Tim Tams into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
    > Stir into mousse mix, and add Baileys. Stir gently. Allow to chill (as
    > per mousse packet details). Then serve!
    >
    > TIM TAM FONDUE
    > I haven't been able to find a Tim Tam Fondue recipe yet, but I'm sure it
    > must exist. Hmmm, just imagine dipping fresh strawberries, pineapple
    > pieces, berries, banana and mango into a warm thick Tim Tam sauce.
    >

    > TIM TAM MARTINI
    > Make the Tim Tam Thickshake (above) but add nip of Baileys (Irish Cream
    > Liquor), Frangelico (Hazelnut Liquor), Kahlua (Coffee Liquor) or Creme
    > de Menth (Mint Liquor) to it.

    Hello Vicki

    > --
    >
    > fini.

  3. EastneyEnder

    EastneyEnder Guest

    augie wrote:

    > From my brother:
    >
    > Tim Tam Recipes.

    STOP!!
    It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
    this.... sheer torture.... lol

    I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance and
    arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.

    They are fantastic *sigh*
    --
    Sue in Portsmouth,
    "Old" Hampshire,

  4. augie wrote:
    > From my brother:
    >
    > Tim Tam Recipes.

    would help if you told us what tim tams are

    NT

  5. augie

    augie Guest

    [email protected] said...
    || augie wrote:
    || > From my brother:
    || >
    || > Tim Tam Recipes.
    || STOP!!
    || It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
    || this.... sheer torture.... lol
    || I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance and
    || arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
    || They are fantastic *sigh*

    We used to send them to our OS friends, but these days it's hard to get
    them through customs :(

    --

    fini.

  6. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]
    > augie wrote:
    >
    >> From my brother:
    >>
    >> Tim Tam Recipes.

    > STOP!!
    > It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
    > this.... sheer torture.... lol
    >
    > I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but
    > distance and
    > arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
    >
    > They are fantastic *sigh*

    What in the world is a Tim Tam??

    Ophelia

  7. "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
    @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]
    >>
    >> They are fantastic *sigh*

    > What in the world is a Tim Tam??
    >
    > Ophelia

    Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
    lover <g>).

    They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
    varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them for
    myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
    it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one or
    two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
    their way to Japan at the moment.

    You can see them here
    http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79

    where you can also read a bit of Tim Tam trivia. They've been around for
    quite some time - came out in 1963.

    I believe I've seen them compared to Penguins, which you get in the UK,
    but I don't know that they taste anything alike, as I've never had
    Penguins.

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  8. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]
    > augie wrote:
    >
    > > From my brother:
    > >
    > > Tim Tam Recipes.

    > STOP!!
    > It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
    > this.... sheer torture.... lol
    >
    > I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance

    and
    > arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
    >
    > They are fantastic *sigh*
    > --

    Okay, will someone please tell me what in the heck a Tim Tam is?

    kili

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > augie wrote:
    > > From my brother:
    > >
    > > Tim Tam Recipes.

    > would help if you told us what tim tams are
    >
    > NT

    Cookies that the Aussies go nuts over. Lots of varieties. Supermarket
    fare. Tasty.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
    > @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > > What in the world is a Tim Tam??
    > >
    > > Ophelia
    > >

    > Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
    > lover <g>).
    >
    > They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
    > varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them for
    > myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
    > it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one or
    > two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
    > their way to Japan at the moment.

    Tell Rona we miss her!!
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

  11. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Rhonda Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
    > @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
    >

    >> "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> They are fantastic *sigh*

    >> What in the world is a Tim Tam??
    >>
    >> Ophelia
    >>

    > Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
    > lover <g>).
    >
    > They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
    > varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them
    > for
    > myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
    > it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one
    > or
    > two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
    > their way to Japan at the moment.
    >
    > You can see them here
    > http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79
    >
    > where you can also read a bit of Tim Tam trivia. They've been around
    > for
    > quite some time - came out in 1963.
    >
    > I believe I've seen them compared to Penguins, which you get in the
    > UK,
    > but I don't know that they taste anything alike, as I've never had
    > Penguins.

    Thank you Rhonda:) Yes it sounds like a Penguin bar :))

    Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

  12. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
    >> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    >> > What in the world is a Tim Tam??
    >> >
    >> > Ophelia
    >> >

    >> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a
    >> chocolate lover <g>).
    >>
    >> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot
    >> of varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy
    >> them for myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I
    >> don't know if it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and
    >> only eat one or two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some
    >> are hopefully on their way to Japan at the moment.

    > Tell Rona we miss her!!

    They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll send
    her some too!

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  13. EastneyEnder

    EastneyEnder Guest

    Ophelia wrote:

    > Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

    Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.

    Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it *as
    thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling the
    same thickness.

    Maybe Australians would call our Penguins "Honey, I shrunk the Tim Tams".
    ------
    Sue
    Pendragon Hams & Rats
    Portsmouth, UK

  14. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BFC5D8E2.4C04%[email protected]
    > Ophelia wrote:
    >
    >> Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

    > Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.
    >
    > Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it
    > *as
    > thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling
    > the
    > same thickness.

    ta:)

  15. In article <[email protected]>,
    Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
    > >> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > >> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a
    > >> chocolate lover <g>).
    > >>
    > >> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot
    > >> of varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy
    > >> them for myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I
    > >> don't know if it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and
    > >> only eat one or two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some
    > >> are hopefully on their way to Japan at the moment.

    > > Tell Rona we miss her!!

    > They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll send
    > her some too!
    >
    > Rhonda Anderson
    > Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

    Burnsville, MN
    (A little-known suburb of Kyoto, Japan)
    "-)
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

  16. EastneyEnder

    EastneyEnder Guest

    augie wrote:
    > We used to send them to our OS friends, but these days it's hard to get
    > them through customs :(

    Really??? How peculiar.
    Mind you they are thick enough to hide a file in....who needs a cake.
    Is it because they is brown? Might be made of meat. Or the filling might
    actually not be chocolate cream but illegally harvested & pressed dried
    vegetable resin :;

    I can only imagine it's an Australian thing, "Keep Tim Tams for the
    Country!"

    (I first thought of "Tim Tams for the Tassies!" and "Tim Tams for the
    Territories!" but reckoned that wouldn't work.)

    or maybe a strange conspiracy by the makers of Penguins to never allow
    anyone to know there's better out there.

    Hmmmmmmm.

    I've spent the last 5 years trying to work out how to export something to
    Aus and being rebuffed... didn't think it worked both ways??~!!
    --
    Sue in Portsmouth,
    "Old" Hampshire,

  17. EastneyEnder wrote:
    > Ophelia wrote:
    >
    > > Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

    > Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.
    >
    > Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it *as
    > thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling the
    > same thickness.
    >
    > Maybe Australians would call our Penguins "Honey, I shrunk the Tim Tams".

    drool.....

    NT

  18. Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > augie wrote:

    > > > From my brother:
    > > >
    > > > Tim Tam Recipes.

    > > would help if you told us what tim tams are
    > >
    > > NT

    > Cookies that the Aussies go nuts over. Lots of varieties. Supermarket
    > fare. Tasty.
    > --
    > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

    ty. Now I feel underfed!

    NT

  19. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:

    >> > Tell Rona we miss her!!

    >> They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll
    >> send her some too!
    >>
    >> Rhonda Anderson
    >> Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

    > Burnsville, MN
    > (A little-known suburb of Kyoto, Japan)
    > "-)

    Verrry funny, missy.

    So, what sort do you want? I can't remember them all, especially as they
    sometimes have limited edition ones. There's Tia Maria ones still, I
    think, Chewy Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Original (of course), Double
    Coated, and probably a few more.

    I'm very behind with everything - even more than usual for Christmas -
    so Chrissy parcels to the US won't be getting posted till Monday, so
    there's still time to slip in a packet of Tim Tams. And one or two packs
    shouldn't blow the postage budget out of the water. The Aussie Post site
    says 4-6 working days for airmail, so if I'm lucky the parcels will make
    it for Christmas, if not they'll be there soon after.

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  20. Peter Tonkin

    Peter Tonkin Guest

    They even had a chilli tim tam can't find it now must have been a limited
    version, I want them back, choclate choclate choclate chilli what a mouthful
    and the kids don't like them (bonus).

    Pete
    NSW Australia