Tim Tam Recipes

augie

Guest
From my brother:

Tim Tam Recipes.

NAKED
Eat an icy-cold Tim Tam all on its lonesome.

TIM TAM HEAVEN
Crush 3 Tim Tams up into a dessert bowl, pour 1 shot glass of Port or
Muskat over them, top with sweetened cream and chocolate sprinkles.

TIM TAMS WITH BERRIES & ICECREAM
Tim Tams served with strawberry and vanilla icecream sprinkled with some
fresh berries.

TIM TAM CHEESECAKE
Make your favourite cheese cake however use crushed Tim Tam biscuits and
butter to make the crust.

TIM TAM SLAM
Also known as the TIM TAM Suck or TIM TAM Bomb. Grab a Tim Tam and a
warm drink (coffee, milo or tea). Nibble both ends off the biscuit and
use it as a straw for your drink. When its saturated, quickly SLAM it in
your gob before it falls apart. It can get kinda messy, but who cares
when it tastes that GOOD!

TIM TAM CHOCOLATE SUNDAE
Twiggy at www.geocities.com recommends the "Tim Tam Sundae". Get 4 Tim
Tam Chocolate Biscuits (roughly chopped), add extra creamy Ice Cream,
then 2 tablespoons Hot Fudge Chocolate and sprinkle on some Toppings to
taste. Look at their photo of the final product
(www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/2436/timtams/recipies.html):

TIM TAM CHEWY CARAMEL EXPLOSION
At Arnotts (www.arnotts.com) they suggest the Chewy Tim Tam Caramel
Explosion. Get 1 pack Chewy Caramel Tim Tams roughly chopped, 8 generous
scoops Vanilla Ice-cream & 8 tbs Caramel Topping with Chocolate
sprinkles to garnish.

TIM TAM THICKSHAKE
The Editors at www.coffeebreak.com.au recommend the "Tim Tam
Thickshake". Mix a packet of Tim Tams, 8 scoops of vanilla icecream &
400ml milk in a blender. Rich, thick and full of chocolate. Hmmm. They
even photographed their yummy creation

TIM TAM CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
At www.coffeebreak.com.au they also have this awesome recipe for "Tim
Tam Chocolate Mousse". Get 2 packets Instant Chocolate Mousse (Mocha
flavour works well), 1 packet Arnott's Tim Tam biscuits and 2 tbs
Baileys. Method: Make up Chocolate Mousse according to packet details.
Place the Tim Tams into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
Stir into mousse mix, and add Baileys. Stir gently. Allow to chill (as
per mousse packet details). Then serve!

TIM TAM FONDUE
I haven't been able to find a Tim Tam Fondue recipe yet, but I'm sure it
must exist. Hmmm, just imagine dipping fresh strawberries, pineapple
pieces, berries, banana and mango into a warm thick Tim Tam sauce.

TIM TAM MARTINI
Make the Tim Tam Thickshake (above) but add nip of Baileys (Irish Cream
Liquor), Frangelico (Hazelnut Liquor), Kahlua (Coffee Liquor) or Creme
de Menth (Mint Liquor) to it.

--

fini.

"augie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From my brother:
>
> Tim Tam Recipes.
>
> NAKED
> Eat an icy-cold Tim Tam all on its lonesome.
>
> TIM TAM HEAVEN
> Crush 3 Tim Tams up into a dessert bowl, pour 1 shot glass of Port or
> Muskat over them, top with sweetened cream and chocolate sprinkles.
>
> TIM TAMS WITH BERRIES & ICECREAM
> Tim Tams served with strawberry and vanilla icecream sprinkled with some
> fresh berries.
>
> TIM TAM CHEESECAKE
> Make your favourite cheese cake however use crushed Tim Tam biscuits and
> butter to make the crust.
>
> TIM TAM SLAM
> Also known as the TIM TAM Suck or TIM TAM Bomb. Grab a Tim Tam and a
> warm drink (coffee, milo or tea). Nibble both ends off the biscuit and
> use it as a straw for your drink. When its saturated, quickly SLAM it in
> your gob before it falls apart. It can get kinda messy, but who cares
> when it tastes that GOOD!
>
> TIM TAM CHOCOLATE SUNDAE
> Twiggy at www.geocities.com recommends the "Tim Tam Sundae". Get 4 Tim
> Tam Chocolate Biscuits (roughly chopped), add extra creamy Ice Cream,
> then 2 tablespoons Hot Fudge Chocolate and sprinkle on some Toppings to
> taste. Look at their photo of the final product
> (www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/2436/timtams/recipies.html):
>

> TIM TAM CHEWY CARAMEL EXPLOSION
> At Arnotts (www.arnotts.com) they suggest the Chewy Tim Tam Caramel
> Explosion. Get 1 pack Chewy Caramel Tim Tams roughly chopped, 8 generous
> scoops Vanilla Ice-cream & 8 tbs Caramel Topping with Chocolate
> sprinkles to garnish.
>

> TIM TAM THICKSHAKE
> The Editors at www.coffeebreak.com.au recommend the "Tim Tam
> Thickshake". Mix a packet of Tim Tams, 8 scoops of vanilla icecream &
> 400ml milk in a blender. Rich, thick and full of chocolate. Hmmm. They
> even photographed their yummy creation
>

> TIM TAM CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
> At www.coffeebreak.com.au they also have this awesome recipe for "Tim
> Tam Chocolate Mousse". Get 2 packets Instant Chocolate Mousse (Mocha
> flavour works well), 1 packet Arnott's Tim Tam biscuits and 2 tbs
> Baileys. Method: Make up Chocolate Mousse according to packet details.
> Place the Tim Tams into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
> Stir into mousse mix, and add Baileys. Stir gently. Allow to chill (as
> per mousse packet details). Then serve!
>
> TIM TAM FONDUE
> I haven't been able to find a Tim Tam Fondue recipe yet, but I'm sure it
> must exist. Hmmm, just imagine dipping fresh strawberries, pineapple
> pieces, berries, banana and mango into a warm thick Tim Tam sauce.
>

> TIM TAM MARTINI
> Make the Tim Tam Thickshake (above) but add nip of Baileys (Irish Cream
> Liquor), Frangelico (Hazelnut Liquor), Kahlua (Coffee Liquor) or Creme
> de Menth (Mint Liquor) to it.

Hello Vicki

augie wrote:

> From my brother:
>
> Tim Tam Recipes.

STOP!!
It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
this.... sheer torture.... lol

I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance and
arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.

They are fantastic *sigh*
--
Sue in Portsmouth,
"Old" Hampshire,

[email protected] said...
|| augie wrote:
|| > From my brother:
|| >
|| > Tim Tam Recipes.
|| STOP!!
|| It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
|| this.... sheer torture.... lol
|| I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance and
|| arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
|| They are fantastic *sigh*

We used to send them to our OS friends, but these days it's hard to get
them through customs :(

--

fini.

"EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]...
> augie wrote:
>
>> From my brother:
>>
>> Tim Tam Recipes.

> STOP!!
> It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
> this.... sheer torture.... lol
>
> I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but
> distance and
> arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
>
> They are fantastic *sigh*

What in the world is a Tim Tam??

Ophelia

"Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]...
>>
>> They are fantastic *sigh*

> What in the world is a Tim Tam??
>
> Ophelia

Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
lover <g>).

They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them for
myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one or
two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
their way to Japan at the moment.

You can see them here
http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79

where you can also read a bit of Tim Tam trivia. They've been around for
quite some time - came out in 1963.

I believe I've seen them compared to Penguins, which you get in the UK,
but I don't know that they taste anything alike, as I've never had
Penguins.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

"EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]...
> augie wrote:
>
> > From my brother:
> >
> > Tim Tam Recipes.

> STOP!!
> It's bad enough they don't sell Tim Tams in the UK... never mind all
> this.... sheer torture.... lol
>
> I've tried them once, bought from an Aussie shop in London but distance

and
> arm-&-a-leg-job prices preclude further indugence.
>
> They are fantastic *sigh*
> --

Okay, will someone please tell me what in the heck a Tim Tam is?

kili

In article <[email protected]>,
Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> > What in the world is a Tim Tam??
> >
> > Ophelia
> >

> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
> lover <g>).
>
> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
> varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them for
> myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
> it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one or
> two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
> their way to Japan at the moment.

Tell Rona we miss her!!
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

"Rhonda Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
>

>> "EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:BFC59DEF.4BA7%[email protected]...
>>>
>>> They are fantastic *sigh*

>> What in the world is a Tim Tam??
>>
>> Ophelia
>>

> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a chocolate
> lover <g>).
>
> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot of
> varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy them
> for
> myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I don't know if
> it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and only eat one
> or
> two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some are hopefully on
> their way to Japan at the moment.
>
> You can see them here
> http://www.arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79
>
> where you can also read a bit of Tim Tam trivia. They've been around
> for
> quite some time - came out in 1963.
>
> I believe I've seen them compared to Penguins, which you get in the
> UK,
> but I don't know that they taste anything alike, as I've never had
> Penguins.

Thank you Rhonda:) Yes it sounds like a Penguin bar :))

Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
>> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

>> > What in the world is a Tim Tam??
>> >
>> > Ophelia
>> >

>> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a
>> chocolate lover <g>).
>>
>> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot
>> of varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy
>> them for myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I
>> don't know if it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and
>> only eat one or two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some
>> are hopefully on their way to Japan at the moment.

> Tell Rona we miss her!!

They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll send
her some too!

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Ophelia wrote:

> Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.

Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it *as
thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling the
same thickness.

Maybe Australians would call our Penguins "Honey, I shrunk the Tim Tams".
------
Sue
Pendragon Hams & Rats
Portsmouth, UK

"EastneyEnder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BFC5D8E2.4C04%[email protected]...
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>> Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

> Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.
>
> Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it
> *as
> thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling
> the
> same thickness.

ta:)

In article <[email protected]>,
Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote in news:6DTnf.57641$fk2.54472
> >> @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> >> Heaven in a biscuit would be a fair description (if you're a
> >> chocolate lover <g>).
> >>
> >> They're a chocolate covered, filled biscuit - there are a whole lot
> >> of varieties available now, including Tia Maria ones. I don't buy
> >> them for myself as they have a bad habit of going very quickly. I
> >> don't know if it's actually possible to open a packet of Tim Tams and
> >> only eat one or two. I've sent them to a few people from RFC - some
> >> are hopefully on their way to Japan at the moment.

> > Tell Rona we miss her!!

> They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll send
> her some too!
>
> Rhonda Anderson
> Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Burnsville, MN
(A little-known suburb of Kyoto, Japan)
"-)
--

augie wrote:
> We used to send them to our OS friends, but these days it's hard to get
> them through customs :(

Really??? How peculiar.
Mind you they are thick enough to hide a file in....who needs a cake.
Is it because they is brown? Might be made of meat. Or the filling might
actually not be chocolate cream but illegally harvested & pressed dried
vegetable resin :;

I can only imagine it's an Australian thing, "Keep Tim Tams for the
Country!"

(I first thought of "Tim Tams for the Tassies!" and "Tim Tams for the
Territories!" but reckoned that wouldn't work.)

or maybe a strange conspiracy by the makers of Penguins to never allow
anyone to know there's better out there.

Hmmmmmmm.

I've spent the last 5 years trying to work out how to export something to
Aus and being rebuffed... didn't think it worked both ways??~!!
--
Sue in Portsmouth,
"Old" Hampshire,

EastneyEnder wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>
> > Sue.. you have had a Tim Tam. How do they compare to Penguins?

> Similar... but that's all. Penguins are a very poor substitute.
>
> Imagine a larger Penguin. Imagine it with real chocolate coating on it *as
> thick* as one biscuit-&-choc Penguin layer. Imagine choc cream filling the
> same thickness.
>
> Maybe Australians would call our Penguins "Honey, I shrunk the Tim Tams".

drool.....

NT

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Rhonda Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>> > Tell Rona we miss her!!

>> They're actually going to Hag. But if you have Rona's address I'll
>> send her some too!
>>
>> Rhonda Anderson
>> Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

> Burnsville, MN
> (A little-known suburb of Kyoto, Japan)
> "-)

Verrry funny, missy.

So, what sort do you want? I can't remember them all, especially as they
sometimes have limited edition ones. There's Tia Maria ones still, I
think, Chewy Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Original (of course), Double
Coated, and probably a few more.

I'm very behind with everything - even more than usual for Christmas -
so Chrissy parcels to the US won't be getting posted till Monday, so
there's still time to slip in a packet of Tim Tams. And one or two packs
shouldn't blow the postage budget out of the water. The Aussie Post site
says 4-6 working days for airmail, so if I'm lucky the parcels will make
it for Christmas, if not they'll be there soon after.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

They even had a chilli tim tam can't find it now must have been a limited
version, I want them back, choclate choclate choclate chilli what a mouthful
and the kids don't like them (bonus).

Pete
NSW Australia