Time ATAC cleat angle grind/file

Bill

Guest
My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time ATAC
cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time cleat to
increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
Bill Brannon

Bill composed the following ...
> My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
> ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time cleat
> to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
> Bill Brannon

Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?

Just a thought. :)

--
The Caretaker.

"The Caretaker ..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill composed the following ...
> > My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
> > ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time

cleat
> > to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
> > Bill Brannon

> Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?
>
> Just a thought. :)
>
> --
> The Caretaker.

No rotational adjustment is available, only fore and aft. I can torque it
around a degree or two but not enough.

Speedgoat.com has Time cleats which have been filed to alter them slightly.
This modification might be helpful.

LDLide

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:14:38 GMT, "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"The Caretaker ..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Bill composed the following ...
>> > My left knee needs a little more heel out than I can get with the Time
>> > ATAC cleat. Has anyone done a little grinding or filing on the time

>cleat
>> > to increase it's angular range without the springs trying to re-center.
>> > Bill Brannon

>> Have you tried re-positioning the shoe plate?
>>
>> Just a thought. :)
>>
>> --
>> The Caretaker.
>>

>No rotational adjustment is available, only fore and aft. I can torque it
>around a degree or two but not enough.

I solved a similar problem by splitting the nut plate in the shoe. I
took out the nut plate, hack sawed right down the middle, then
replaced the two halves back in the shoe. Now I can adjust the cleat
angle a little.

"Jason Medeiros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Thanks, I just printed a large copy and am heading to the basement for a
> > little fine tuning with the Dremel.
> > http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=47683&cat=240&brand=255
> > Bill
> >

> did it work?

> jmed

Yep, worked great. I did not relieve any of the rear capture tab. Release
was not a problem. I removed a little of the material on the front right
and rear left and that gave me the additional right foot heel out I needed.
Thanks.

Also, I really liked diane_1234's suggestion about splitting the plate with
a hacksaw. Unfortunately this pair of shoes does not have access to the
plate. My old, and to small, ones did.
bill

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jason Medeiros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Thanks, I just printed a large copy and am heading to the basement for

> > > little fine tuning with the Dremel.
> > > http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=47683&cat=240&brand=255
> > > Bill
> > >

> > did it work?

> > jmed
> >

> Yep, worked great. I did not relieve any of the rear capture tab. Release
> was not a problem. I removed a little of the material on the front right
> and rear left and that gave me the additional right foot heel out I

needed.

Oops, got the left and right swaped. Material came off the front left and
the rear right to get the left heel rotated further out. Bill