Time Impact Pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ben, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Wondering if anyone using these pedals can clarify a couple things for
    me:

    As I understand it, you can set the cleats to allow either a 13 degree or a 17 degree release angle.
    My left foot likes to point slightly 'toe in' so following time's instructions, I set the cleats up
    with the 17 degree release angle toward the outside of my foot. However, the release angle didn't
    seem too wide so for giggles I switched the cleats around to have the 13 degree angle toward the
    outside of the shoe. I can't tell the difference! (I am also trying to limit the amount my left heel
    can wander inward so I'd really like to make sure that I have the cleats seat up with most of the
    float to the outside - hope this makes sense).

    Am I missing something or is a 5 degree difference too small to notice?

    Thanks for reading.

    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Jean Pasquet

    Jean Pasquet Guest

    Bonjour,

    Ben a écrit :

    > Wondering if anyone using these pedals can clarify a couple things for me:
    >
    > As I understand it, you can set the cleats to allow either a 13 degree or a 17 degree release
    > angle. My left foot likes to point slightly 'toe in' so following time's instructions, I set the
    > cleats up with the 17 degree release angle toward the outside of my foot. However, the release
    > angle didn't seem too wide so for giggles I switched the cleats around to have the 13 degree angle
    > toward the outside of the shoe. I can't tell the difference! (I am also trying to limit the amount
    > my left heel can wander inward so I'd really like to make sure that I have the cleats seat up with
    > most of the float to the outside - hope this makes sense). Am I missing something or is a 5 degree
    > difference too small to notice?

    No ! The difference between 13 and 17 is, for me, significant. The angle is towards outside, i.e.
    that towards the interior, it is 13. But, according to the position of the foot on the pedal, it is
    certain that part of the play can be taken! In this case, it is preferable to put at 17, to avoid
    inopportune barings.

    --
    Cordialement, Jean Pasquet "On respecte un homme qui se respecte lui-même" [Honoré de Balzac]
    (remettre le "a" manquant pour me répondre)