Time Impact S pedals

hudsonja

Nov 3, 2005
Need advice on Time Impact S pedals. Looking at purchasing them today. Anyone have any info I may want to consider?

Thanks in advance.

hudsonja said:
Need advice on Time Impact S pedals. Looking at purchasing them today. Anyone have any info I may want to consider?

Thanks in advance.

I had a pair of Impact Mag's ..... road them on 3 rides ..... and all three times the outer part of my knee/thigh started hurting after mile 2-3 of the rides . I ended up returning them... from Performance bike , and got a refund. The NEW Time RXS looks more solid , larger platform / contact surface I do believe

Thanks for your input. I will look into the RXS.

Adam-from-SLO said:
I had a pair of Impact Mag's ..... road them on 3 rides ..... and all three times the outer part of my knee/thigh started hurting after mile 2-3 of the rides . I ended up returning them... from Performance bike , and got a refund. The NEW Time RXS looks more solid , larger platform / contact surface I do believe

hudsonja said:
Thanks for your input. I will look into the RXS.

No problem.
The Impacts clipped in/out great (same cleat system for the RSX/RXE) , its just the platform they did not seem to fully develop(came out at the end of 2002 - end of 2004 ..... only 2 years were Times "new" premier racing road pedal). That right there.. the two years should be some indication that Time quickly released a product.. that needed more time for R+D . That might have been Times response to getting a "lighter weight" pedal out into the marketplace - as Speedplay was probably cutting into there profits ;) ... ahhh haist makes waist ... or is it waist makes haist :p