Time lapse dropology

Tonymelton

Guest
Here's two kinda cool sequences of me doing drops in 'time
lapse photography'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album128). One is a 1.2m
drop and the other is a 1.7m drop. They're in the style of
skate/BMX magazine trick sequences. Check them out!

--Tony

--
TonyMelton - Up, up and awaaaay!

See some photos of the first 'NZ MUni Weekend'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/NZ-MUni-Weekend-2004)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Thats awesome! Jeez that 1.7 was huge! both were huge! What
a good idea.

So how exactly did you take the pictures? Are they screen
shots of a video or a nifty camera thing?

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Nice Tony!

I did that once using the burst shot on my Digicam. The
results were similar, but the drop was only about 1 meter.
It looks cool with the slideshow feature in the gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/22b4q

Cheers, Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino
Sig count: 2

UniBrier got some similar shots of g3orge, Harper, and I
jumping off a pedestal at St. Edward State Park last
month. Here's the gallery with the pictures: 'A bunch of
failures' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albux48). We had
a bunch of unicycle failures that day and that's the
reason for the title.

It's neat to see drops in a series of stop action photos.
I'm going to make sure that my next digital camera can do a
high fps burst of photos like that.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

john_childs wrote:
> *UniBrier got some similar shots of g3orge, Harper, and I
> jumping off a pedestal at St. Edward State Park last
> month. *

So did I, although John's a purist so might have discounted
them because one is out of sequence. They are here:
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albux49

I like the series of John because it has both the setup,
airshot, and compression. On the series of Harper I got
too much of the setup, only one in the air, and none of
the landing. My camera is fine...it was all Harper's fault
for cowering on the pedestal afraid to jump. Someone
finally pelted him from behind with a filbert, which got
him into the air.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

john_childs wrote:
> *I'm going to make sure that my next digital camera can do
> a high fps burst of photos like that. *
The Casio EX-P600 has three different burst modes. The fast
one does six shots in about two seconds at full resolution.
The second one is continuous, somewhere in the 1.5 per
second range for as long as you want.

Then there's the super-burst mode, or whatever you want to
call it. This takes 25 pictures onto a single frame at 1600
x 1200. It does them all in about 2 seconds. So the
resolution is pretty low, but the speed is super fast.

So far I am digging the camera very much. The main
advantages over our QV-4000s:
- Tons faster: startup and shutdown in about 2 seconds
- Smaller & lighter
- Big LCD, visible in the daytime!
- Quicker access to most major controls
- Battery lasts a couple of days
- Crazy bracketing options
- super-fast playback

It does feel a little fragile compared to the QV-4000, and
my external flash plug managed to unthread itself from its
mount. Hope I don't have to open the camera to fix that. But
I'm very much not regretting paying a premium for a tiny
camera that's very fast and versatile!

Read more about the camera: http://tinyurl.com/2to4z

See a sample of the super-burst mode below. I've cut it down
to half the original size and compressed it. That's my
nephew Austin, trying to keep up with a different face for
each shot.

+-------------------------------------------------------
---------+
| Attachment filename: 25austinfaces.jpg |
http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/209447| +-------------------------------------------------------
---------+

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

Yes, those sequences were done with burst mode. Other than
that I don't know what the fps rate was or how the camera
was set up, as it wasn't my camera.

The 1.7m drop is probably one of the biggest drops I've done
to flat. It's almost my height (1.75m)!

Jagur - the Miyata bearing holders are OK in the setup I
have - they've been drilled out to accept a Profile axle
and feel very solid. They were not so good in their
slip side to side off the bearings, so I'd periodically lock-
tite the bearings into their holders. Not very satisfactory
for trials.

--tony