Time limit on editing

hwttdz

Sep 28, 2003
There is a 2 minute limit on editing posts. I don't know about all of you but I always realize there is something more that I want to say. Do you want the limit extended, done away with, left at two minutes, or to disallow editing entirely?

hwttdz said:
There is a 2 minute limit on editing posts. I don't know about all of you but I always realize there is something more that I want to say. Do you want the limit extended, done away with, left at two minutes, or to disallow editing entirely?

???? I made an edit the other day more than an hour later. ???

hwttdz said:

It used to be 1 and 1/2 hours, I think. I was shocked to see the two minute limit a couple days ago. I think it should be more like 30 minutes.

I have also noticed the equipment review section hasn't been working properly lately.

TD

hwttdz said:

If I recall properly the limit used to be 3 hours. The 2 minute limit is just way too little time for me. Perhaps I'm just slow but I'm most likely to see mistakes after I've looked away from my post for at least a few minutes.

I suspect that the new limit may be to reduce the number of edits being processed by the server but I agree that it's less useful than the old limit or perhaps even an unlimited edit period. I've seen the unlimited setting used on some other forums and was a little surprised at first but it seems to work pretty well.

hwttdz said:
I changed it a little while back and didn't remember to set it back :eek: Its now 90 minutes, i'm pretty sure thats what it used to be.

hwttdz said:

Well I just edited a post over 5 mins after I made it so I dont see a problem

steve said:
I changed it a little while back and didn't remember to set it back :eek: Its now 90 minutes, i'm pretty sure thats what it used to be.

Thank you :)