time rsx carbon

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by veloci, Apr 10, 2005.

1. veloci

veloci New Member

i have been riding speedplay zeros for the last two years. i have no complaints but i am intereted in trying the new time rsx carbon. i like the fact that they have float and are carbon. also, they look like the would need less maintanance than the speedplays. has anyone tried the RSX's after using speedplays'? let me know.i already cheked the archives, but i did not find anyone or any comments comparing actual experiences on the two pedals.

thank you,

Tags:

2. Bruce L

Bruce L New Member

About a month ago I switched from the Dura Ace 7800 to the RSX carbon on suggestion of local pro to give more "less restrictive float". I liked the pedal and felt the float was smooth however the silver plating off the spindle started to chip off. I now have to send them back to Time for replacement. I started to ride with my old pedals and in comparison I like them better. The float is not all that different. I feel more power especially standing and seem to spin better. Cleat positioning is easier with the Time pedal. Although the pedal is lighter the cleat is definitely heavier with the RSX because of the metal back insert. Overall good pedal but I like the Shimano better and plan to sell the Times when I get the new pair back from warranty.