Time RXS Carbon problem

Henry

Guest
Hi

The right pedal body unscrewed itself from the inboard bearing!
Lucky it was only a training spin and I was in the saddle!
The pedal body remained on my show with the axel protuding from the
crank.
The pedals are about 2 or 3 years old.

Anybody out there had a similar problem?

Threads seem undamaged and screw up fine.
Not sure what tools to use to tighten sufficiently.
Any idea what kind of torque is recommended?
Threadlock OK?

Can't find any service documentation for these pedals.

On Mon, 5 May 2008 16:03:51 -0700 (PDT), Henry
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>The right pedal body unscrewed itself from the inboard bearing!
>Lucky it was only a training spin and I was in the saddle!
>The pedal body remained on my show with the axel protuding from the
>crank.
>The pedals are about 2 or 3 years old.
>
>Anybody out there had a similar problem?
>
>Threads seem undamaged and screw up fine.
>Not sure what tools to use to tighten sufficiently.
>Any idea what kind of torque is recommended?
>Threadlock OK?
>
>Can't find any service documentation for these pedals.

http://www.timesportusa.com/rxsrecall/
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983 (our 25th year!)
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
Phone: 305-273-4440
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

On May 6, 3:45 am, John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2008 16:03:51 -0700 (PDT), Henry
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Hi

> >The right pedal body unscrewed itself from the inboard bearing!
> >Lucky it was only a training spin and I was in the saddle!
> >The pedal body remained on my show with the axel protuding from the
> >crank.
> >The pedals are about 2 or 3 years old.

> >Anybody out there had a similar problem?

> >Threads seem undamaged and screw up fine.
> >Not sure what tools to use to tighten sufficiently.
> >Any idea what kind of torque is recommended?
> >Threadlock OK?

> >Can't find any service documentation for these pedals.

> http://www.timesportusa.com/rxsrecall/
> -------------------------------
> John Dacey
> Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
> Since 1983 (our 25th year!)
> Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
> Phone: 305-273-4440http://www.businesscycles.com
> -------------------------------

Thanks John,

Any idea about Time distributors for Rep. of Ireland?
(Nothing listed on your site.)

Henry

On May 6, 3:45 am, John Dacey <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2008 16:03:51 -0700 (PDT), Henry
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Hi

> >The right pedal body unscrewed itself from the inboard bearing!
> >Lucky it was only a training spin and I was in the saddle!
> >The pedal body remained on my show with the axel protuding from the
> >crank.
> >The pedals are about 2 or 3 years old.

> >Anybody out there had a similar problem?

> >Threads seem undamaged and screw up fine.
> >Not sure what tools to use to tighten sufficiently.
> >Any idea what kind of torque is recommended?
> >Threadlock OK?

> >Can't find any service documentation for these pedals.

> http://www.timesportusa.com/rxsrecall/
> John Dacey
> Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
> Since 1983 (our 25th year!)
> Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
> Phone: 305-273-4440http://www.businesscycles.com

Phoned RJ Chicken in UK.
To send to them for warranty repair via my lbs