Time RXS Pedal - Cleat Retainer Failure?????

Marks Wheels

May 17, 2007
Hi There all, just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience of this problem with Time pedals?
I recently decided to go for the RXS pedals after reading some good reviews and particularly on entry/exit characteristics, float and overall weight saving. I purchased the pedals 6 months ago from Cycle Surgery when they were on offer, but never used them until my summer bike came out. 9 rides later and the one pedal suffered from the front corner of the cleat retainer breaking off! No foul play or pedal abuse I can ssure you, although Cycle surgery have been quibbling about some scratches on the pedal body from where I have lain my bike down on occasions etc. This is still unresolved as they returned them to the importer for a final verdict....................then after an internet search I found several other references to this type of failure on this pedal, a couple from this site:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/dr...7_2503crx.aspx is just one example.
Now I am all for a light pedal but not at the expense of its structural integrity and life longevity. Can you let me know if you have experienced any similar problems because after the product recall on this same item it is Time (pun intended) they got there act together and at least made sure that people get a proper hearing when a defective pedal is returned. I am in the middle of an IM programme and so have returned to the tried and trusted Shimano clan at further expense!:mad:
Regards Mark

I've had my Time RXS carbon Ti pedals for 15mths with no problems at all, are you talking about the small racing clip at the front of the pedal ? I've noticed they have deleted this from their latest models.