Time RXS pedals.

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
What's the scoop with these pedals? I used to have a set of Time Titan Magnesiums and Time Criterium pedals back in the day and whilst the bearings were never the best, the pedals themselves offered a very natural float - way better than any "look" style pedal ever has, including my Dura Ace 7800 spd-sl's. I attributed this to the metal cleats and metal pedal contact points. I was considering putting the Time Crits back on my bike but the 'square bearings' from many years of English winters are persuading me not keep them as just museum pieces.

Does anyone here have experience with both the new and old Time pedals and could provide some comparison?

Thanks.

swampy1970 said:
What's the scoop with these pedals? I used to have a set of Time Titan Magnesiums and Time Criterium pedals back in the day and whilst the bearings were never the best, the pedals themselves offered a very natural float - way better than any "look" style pedal ever has, including my Dura Ace 7800 spd-sl's. I attributed this to the metal cleats and metal pedal contact points. I was considering putting the Time Crits back on my bike but the 'square bearings' from many years of English winters are persuading me not keep them as just museum pieces.

Does anyone here have experience with both the new and old Time pedals and could provide some comparison?

Thanks.

I can't make a direct comparison to the TIME 80s pedals cos I used to used the red/white look pp56 pedals but the RXS cost me about 90 euros and are 250g. There is float and room for adjustment (somewhere!!). On the other bike I have the more expenisve RXE on the other boke (in black) which I got free from TIME back in 2006 when their pedals started snapping. It looks nicer in black but not sure what the diff is but is 265g. Both pedals boast elasterformer and other buzzwords but the float is good. Step in can be as quick as it can be slow for some reason and the cleats have a non-slip "cafe" stop edge to them.