Time to go to my quite place !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
I had a crazy day at work and just needed to go out for a ride after work to unwind. I wasn't in the mode to get wet and dirty with the road bike and wasn't in the mode to deal with knucklehead drivers. So it was off to the woods where it's just so nice and peaceful, and I can get away from people. I ended up playing out there for almost 3 hours and was covered with mud by rides end, and in a far better mode. Thank You Woods !
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbLR9V-Alc

Great Video! I agree with you. After a busy and stressful day. I go out to unwind with my bike. It is somewhat my stress reliever.

Reactions: zipp2001
Great Video! I agree with you. After a busy and stressful day. I go out to unwind with my bike. It is somewhat my stress reliever.

Cycling has been a great way for me to get rid of stress instead of letting things build and become negative. Been cycling for 40+ years on the road, and it's still my cycling of choose. But each year for the last 4 years I am getting more and more into mountain biking. Most of my rides in the woods are people free which just gets me away from everything. If I do see people it's hikers have yet to see another biker in the woods in the 4 years since I started riding in the woods.

Cycling has been a great way for me to get rid of stress instead of letting things build and become negative. Been cycling for 40+ years on the road, and it's still my cycling of choose. But each year for the last 4 years I am getting more and more into mountain biking. Most of my rides in the woods are people free which just gets me away from everything. If I do see people it's hikers have yet to see another biker in the woods in the 4 years since I started riding in the woods.

I'm just new into cycling, probably 8 years? I'm not sure. But so far this is my way to get rid of all the stress caused by many things. I'm inspired by you cause as you said you've been cycling for 40 years. I hope I'm passionate like you.

I'm just new into cycling, probably 8 years? I'm not sure. But so far this is my way to get rid of all the stress caused by many things. I'm inspired by you cause as you said you've been cycling for 40 years. I hope I'm passionate like you.

It's such a great sport and can be used to just get away from everything. Hope you have many more years ahead and just have fun.

It's such a great sport and can be used to just get away from everything. Hope you have many more years ahead and just have fun.
Thank you! I hope you will also have many more years in cycling. Oh, and by the way since you are already into cycling in many years, do you have suggestion on bike accessories that would keep me on track all the time?

Thank you! I hope you will also have many more years in cycling. Oh, and by the way since you are already into cycling in many years, do you have suggestion on bike accessories that would keep me on track all the time?

When it comes to riding I always have a tube or two, some co2 cartridges, plastic tire lever, old school patch kit, a pair of tweezers for pulling any little object that might get stuck in my tire.
You've been riding for a bit so you may have had a flat, if not that's good. If you haven't had a flat yet then practice taking a tire on and off and filling it with air. It's best to know how to do this out on your own, if you know already your ahead of a lot of rides.
I have a floor pump at home with a pressure gauge and always check tires before I leave the house for a ride, and I always inspect my tires after every ride. I will pull my brake pads off once a month and clean any junk that got stuck in them.
I clean my chain at least every other week more often depending on weather conditions I've ridden in. Keeping you chain and rear sprocket clean will help with wear and make things last a little longer. A clean and happy bike makes for much better ride.

When it comes to riding I always have a tube or two, some co2 cartridges, plastic tire lever, old school patch kit, a pair of tweezers for pulling any little object that might get stuck in my tire.
You've been riding for a bit so you may have had a flat, if not that's good. If you haven't had a flat yet then practice taking a tire on and off and filling it with air. It's best to know how to do this out on your own, if you know already your ahead of a lot of rides.
I have a floor pump at home with a pressure gauge and always check tires before I leave the house for a ride, and I always inspect my tires after every ride. I will pull my brake pads off once a month and clean any junk that got stuck in them.
I clean my chain at least every other week more often depending on weather conditions I've ridden in. Keeping you chain and rear sprocket clean will help with wear and make things last a little longer. A clean and happy bike makes for much better ride.
Thank you for your tips and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Nice video, and looks peaceful on that place. I miss our province because of that. trees are really good stress reliever.

Nice. Yeah, nothing like getting 'lost' on my Mt Bike with my dogs. Zen like. Friends over the years have competed at pro level and I never got into that. I can appreciate the sport and competitiveness but I have enough stress in my non-two wheel life so I quit competing. I did and still do enjoy doing long, point-to-point events (don't like the word race) like Leadville 100, etc. But again, I try to avoid getting caught up in the push toward the front of the pack.

Absolutely, nature's therapy is underrated! But let's not dismiss road biking - it has its perks too. Ever tried racing down an open road, feeling the wind in your face and the thrill of speed? It's a rush like no other. As for knucklehead drivers, they're everywhere, woods included. Might as well face them head-on, right? ;)