Time to pick a new GG

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by A Bit More Than, May 26, 2003.

  1. Lets make Rod Speed the new GG! ;-)

    Tags:

  2. Damnfine

    Damnfine Guest

    Shaun Micallef

    --
    /^\damnfine/^\ "Kill all Muslums" - Graffiti

  3. The Raven

    The Raven Guest

  4. "The Raven" <[email protected]> writes:

    >Why not Eddie McGuire, he's just about taken over everything else.

    Hmmm. I think the idea of replacing the current GG is to find someone that Australians _respect_ ;)

    --
    Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( ) |
    0x6B91B584

  5. Wil HüGing

    Wil HüGing Guest

    > Shaun Micallef
    >

    > --
    > /^\damnfine/^\ "Kill all Muslums" - Graffiti

    Nah, Pete Smith.... speaking... uh...um...

  6. St

    St Guest

    On Mon, 26 May 2003 21:04:11 +0930, "damnfine" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Shaun Micallef

    I agree with this post. Genius.

    ---------
    email: S2108509 at student rmit edu au

  7. Guvnor

    Guvnor Guest

  8. Guvnor <[email protected]> writes:

    >Norman Gunston for GG

    Roy & H.G.

    --
    Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( ) |
    0x6B91B584

  9. Cody

    Cody Guest

    Shouldn't this conversation be in aus.horses?

  10. Tezza

    Tezza New Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2003
    No I disagree. We need someone who can represent us with dignity. Someone who can always be relied on to say the right thing. Someone who is humble in victory and gracious in defeat - somone like Robbie McEwen or Graeme Brown.:rolleyes:

  11. Kh

    Kh Guest

    Paul Dwerryhouse <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "The Raven" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > >Why not Eddie McGuire, he's just about taken over everything else.
    >
    > Hmmm. I think the idea of replacing the current GG is to find someone that Australians
    > _respect_ ;)
    >
    > --
    > Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( ) |
    > 0x6B91B584

    It's gotta be Richie Benaud.

  12. Rman

    Rman Guest

    "Tezza" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > A Bit More Than wrote:
    > > Lets make Rod Speed the new GG! ;-)
    >

    > No I disagree. We need someone who can represent us with dignity. Someone who can always be relied
    > on to say the right thing. Someone who is humble in victory and gracious in defeat - somone like
    > Robbie McEwen or Graeme Brown.:rolleyes:

    No way, Super Mario for me........

    I'm not going to say I'm the greatest GG, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!

    I wanna see my GG at say, a big UN meeting, giving it to the piss-ant nations of the Earth, and
    being proud of it. And choosing not to mix it up with say the US, or Russia etc, and being proud of
    that too..............

  13. Neil Gerace

    Neil Gerace Guest

  14. "A bit more than" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Lets make Rod Speed the new GG! ;-)

    Someone in "The Age" pointed out that Howard's best bet would be Peter Costello.

    John Retchford

  15. Stu

    Stu Guest

    >I'm not going to say I'm the greatest GG, but I won't disagree with anyone who says I am!
    lol that was my line

  16. John Staines

    John Staines Guest

    How about Choppa Reed? ;o)

    or if he's not avialable Eddy McGuire or Steady Eddy.

    A bit more than wrote:

    > Lets make Rod Speed the new GG! ;-)

  17. Craig Welch

    Craig Welch Guest

    Wonderful picture in the Financial Review today of Sir Les Paterson rocking up at Yarralumla with
    his roll-on baggage, ringing the bell to say 'I'm here for the job'!

    --
    Craig

  18. Barbara

    Barbara Guest

    Craig Welch wrote:
    > Wonderful picture in the Financial Review today of Sir Les Paterson rocking up at Yarralumla with
    > his roll-on baggage, ringing the bell to say 'I'm here for the job'!

    He was shown on last night's news, standing at the gate, it was rather funny too.

    As an aside, my husband insists Sir Les is my Dad's clone.

  19. Craig Welch

    Craig Welch Guest

    On Tue, 27 May 2003 17:11:09 +1000, "Barbara" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Wonderful picture in the Financial Review today of Sir Les Paterson rocking up at Yarralumla with
    >> his roll-on baggage, ringing the bell to say 'I'm here for the job'!
    >
    >He was shown on last night's news, standing at the gate, it was rather funny too.
    >
    >As an aside, my husband insists Sir Les is my Dad's clone.

    And a man to be admired! He exhibits all that is best in Australian manhood ...

    --
    Craig