Time to take a break

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by John Hughes, May 15, 2003.

  1. John Hughes

    John Hughes Guest

    Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!

    Tags:

  2. "John Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!

    It's interesting though--he's like a boor at a party, no one ever talks to him. Only his multiple
    personalities have any kind of a discussion. It's more sad than annoying; a really pathetic troll.

  3. He's not that hard to killfile. I just killfilled any sender with "ecce" anywhere in the name and it
    seems to be working.

    -S-

    John Hughes wrote:

    > Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!

  4. We don't have multiple personalities. We are one. Bad hobbitses.

    [email protected] (Roger Wrolstad) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "John Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!
    >
    > It's interesting though--he's like a boor at a party, no one ever talks to him. Only his multiple
    > personalities have any kind of a discussion. It's more sad than annoying; a really pathetic troll.

  5. That's exactly right. Nobody bothers engaging with him anymore. So this NG can easily go on
    regardless of the filth and drivel that he posts. You can pretty much ignore him (or killfile him)
    and posts can go on. Anyone who wants to engage him certainly can, but real conversations can easily
    go on around him. The nice thing here is that he cannot post pornographic material as he is
    currently doing on some Yahoo group tri areas...does this in order to attempt to shut those groups
    down. Therefore RST actually becomes a really good place to have discussions 'cause even though he
    can post here, he's easily ignored.

  6. Steve Freides <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > He's not that hard to killfile. I just killfilled any sender with "ecce" anywhere in the name and
    > it seems to be working.
    >
    > -S-
    >
    > John Hughes wrote:
    >>
    >> Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!

    Until you posted that!

  7. Tom Henderson wrote:

    > Steve Freides <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > He's not that hard to killfile. I just killfilled any sender with "ecce" anywhere in the name
    > > and it seems to be working.
    > >
    > > -S-
    > >
    > > John Hughes wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Think I'll come back in a few months when he's gone. I will not even lurk. cya!!
    > >

    > Until you posted that!

    I don't think our friendly troll is that stupid - he already has several aliases and, rest assured,
    when he changes his, I'll change mine. If he's into being visible to me on this newsgroup enough
    that he changes his login name often, well, I'll just let him win that battle then. He's not worth
    all that much trouble and, frankly, reading his messages ain't the end of the world, either.

    -S-