Time trial crank arm length 172.5 vs. 175

On Jun 25, 3:40 pm, Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2:56 pm, Andy Coggan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > As for fatigue, Jim's done some work in this area that has
> > implications re. optimal crank length, but since it is unpublished I
> > really shouldn't discuss it.

> Tease.

Heh heh! I would guess that longer cranks reduce fatigue, from
personal experience and the fact that pros seem to favor them for
climbing and time trials, i.e. conditions where you're operating at
your limits. That data is for "submaximal cycling".
-Paul

In article <[email protected]>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <2af33847-8bd4-4398-a42a-d45a833cd2e8@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
> Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Size isn't everything.
> > >
> > > Sorry.
> > >
> > > Someone had to tell him.  --D-y

> > I'm guessing you're not a 'South Park' fan, or perhaps you'd have
> > caught the reference to Cartman's constant retort to any time the
> > other kids call him fat.

> Parker and Stone did not make it up.
> The excuse was in circulation before South Park.

Sure, but Scott didn't claim that they had invented that excuse, just that it's
seen common useage on that show.

--
tanx,
Howard