Time trial Helmet

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by FéLix, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. FéLix

    FéLix Guest

    How many TT helmets are CPSC legal? I want to find the smallest possible helmet that will fit
    on my head. This is to fit inside a streamlined bicycle with a very small canopy.. Please email
    me directly.

    Thanks in advance, Felix Audet

    Tags:

  2. Louis Garneau make the only CPSC approved streamlined helmet. I'm not convinced it's any more aero
    than a standard helmet. STF

    Félix wrote:
    > How many TT helmets are CPSC legal? I want to find the smallest possible helmet that will fit on
    > my head. This is to fit inside a streamlined bicycle with a very small canopy.. Please email me
    > directly.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Felix Audet

  3. Jx

    Jx Guest

    Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Louis Garneau make the only CPSC approved streamlined helmet. I'm not convinced it's any more aero
    > than a standard helmet. STF

    Only slightly more aero (based on some crude testing in the poor-man's wind tunnel). I get
    overheated in that helmet...if it's over 85 degrees, I just use a standard helmet.

  4. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    "Félix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > How many TT helmets are CPSC legal? I want to find the smallest possible helmet that will fit on
    > my head. This is to fit inside a streamlined bicycle with a very small canopy.. Please email me
    > directly.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Felix Audet

    You may think I am being a wise-ass when I say this but I am 100% serious. Aero helmets are for
    fags. Please just use a regular helmet.

    Deez

  5. Deeznuts wrote:

    > You may think I am being a wise-ass when I say this but I am 100% serious. Aero helmets are for
    > fags. Please just use a regular helmet.

    Presumably, that's not because when one of these guys goes flying down the road in a TT, someone
    turns to you and says "Look at him! He's smokin' !"? STF

  6. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    If it's going inside a canopy, then why does it need to be aero? Any small helmet will do. Just pick
    the smallest one you find comfortable. What are your rules? What group requires CPSC legality?

    -Bruce

    "Félix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How many TT helmets are CPSC legal? I want to find the smallest possible helmet that will fit on
    > my head. This is to fit inside a streamlined bicycle with a very small canopy.. Please email me
    > directly.
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Felix Audet

  7. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Deeznuts wrote:
    >
    > > You may think I am being a wise-ass when I say this but I am 100% serious. Aero helmets are for
    > > fags. Please just use a regular helmet.
    >
    > Presumably, that's not because when one of these guys goes flying down the road in a TT, someone
    > turns to you and says "Look at him! He's smokin' !"? STF

    cock-smokin'?

  8. Deeznuts wrote:

    > cock-smokin'?

    No, just testing your understanding of cross-cultural humour. STF