Time Trial Predictions!!!

bobke

Oct 3, 2004
Time to lay it down gents.

the course is 100% flat, very unlike the TdF.

Basso, Julich, Gonchar, Rogers, Ullrich, Salvodelli, Bruseghin, Danielson etc

1. Basso
2. Salvodelli
Bruseghin
3. Gonchar
4. Rogers
5. Cioni
6. Diluca
7. Danielson
8. Schumacher

1. Ullrich - (very optimistically). Realistically top 10/15 would be a good result.

Delusions aside:

2. Basso
3. Gutierrez (Ivan - Caisse d'Epargne)
4. Rogers
5. Savoldelli
6. Gonchar
7. Pena
8. Gutierrez (Enrique - Phonak)
9. Bruseghin
10. Di Luca

BTW, anyone know what's going on with Bobby Julich? He's an hour down at 142 :confused:

1. Ullrich
2. Rogers
3. Basso
4. SAVOLDELLI (Note the spelling bobke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
5. Gonchar

Honcher, Basso, Savoldelli, Gutierrez, Rogers...

I think Di Luca and Ullrich could make top 5 (but ofcourse i drink an extra Prosecco if Jan wins..)

I would love to see Jan win this, but I think he is at too much of a disadvantage starting so far down. Is his form good enough yet? Not sure, but he sure was good in the TTT. He will be top 10 however I am sure but I don't think just yet he will win (although I really hope I'm proved wrong about this). Normally Jan would win this no problem. Rogers could well win it, top 3 perhaps?. Again his starting position puts him at a disadvantage. Basso will do well and is likely to beat all the other serious contenders for the overall win. Somehow I don't think he will win it although he will be top 5 at least. The truth is I don't really know, but I don't think it will be any of these three. I'm rooting for Jan though.

ps. those of you like me relying on taping BES and avoiding the result until you're home from work don't hold your breath. The tennis final is on before the stage and we know what happened on Sunday. Does anyone know a way of recording RAI from the web?

alibat said:
Ips. those of you like me relying on taping BES and avoiding the result until you're home from work don't hold your breath. The tennis final is on before the stage and we know what happened on Sunday. Does anyone know a way of recording RAI from the web?
Aghhhh ! I hate when they do this.... means I have to record the nine programs afterwards.... I also missed Sunday's stage due to this.... If the tennis does run over I have seen EuroSport delay the telecast of the cycling to fit it all in.....

whiteboytrash said:
Aghhhh ! I hate when they do this.... means I have to record the nine programs afterwards.... I also missed Sunday's stage due to this.... If the tennis does run over I have seen EuroSport delay the telecast of the cycling to fit it all in.....
Just go to http://www.media.rai.it/mpmedia/0,,Sport^4292,0.html the RAI broadcast the stages live, but later in the evening you can watch the stage again and again and again. Sunday's stage is also on it.:cool:

whiteboytrash said:
I have Eurosport2 coverage, and it will show live last two hours of Sunday's stage and I will see how they climb to Passo Del Sempione.
It is good they have comprehensive coverage of Saturday's day on the schedlue...