Time VX VXR frames/modules. opinions?

lancera

Dec 24, 2003
Has anyone ridden or heard anything about either of these frames? Are they good bikes? thanks

I havn't ridden one, but I have seen the new model from a local distributer in here in Montreal. This frame looks REALLY nice. TIME has been producing bikes for the last 10 years. If I had the bucks, this would be one to consider...

Rocket69

Originally posted by lancera
Has anyone ridden or heard anything about either of these frames? Are they good bikes? thanks

I can't speak to the new VXR/VXRS but I do have last years VX Special Pro and it is an amazing bike. I am totally satisfied with the bikes quality and performance. Let me know if you need additional feedback.

1x1 said:
I can't speak to the new VXR/VXRS but I do have last years VX Special Pro and it is an amazing bike. I am totally satisfied with the bikes quality and performance. Let me know if you need additional feedback.
Hi Just wondering if you are still happy with your special pro as I have the opportunity to pick one up and am wondering what the ride quality is like vibration of road noise, stiffness etc. Also have their been any issues that have concerned you regarding the bike? thx Dave

c-bike said:
Hi Just wondering if you are still happy with your special pro as I have the opportunity to pick one up and am wondering what the ride quality is like vibration of road noise, stiffness etc. Also have their been any issues that have concerned you regarding the bike? thx Dave

Dave,
The VX Pro is everything you would expect from a pro peleton quality frame. The bike is quite stiff, exceptionally quick and very responsive…not twitchy but stable. . I have had absolutely no issues or concerns with the bike thus far. My only advice would be that you do not skimp on the build. It’s a great frame, finish it with the best components you can afford…you won’t regret it!

Good luck :cool:

1x1 said:
Dave,
The VX Pro is everything you would expect from a pro peleton quality frame. The bike is quite stiff, exceptionally quick and very responsive…not twitchy but stable. . I have had absolutely no issues or concerns with the bike thus far. My only advice would be that you do not skimp on the build. It’s a great frame, finish it with the best components you can afford…you won’t regret it!

Good luck :cool:
Thanks for the reply. Dave

lancera said:

Ive heard that theyre absolutely great but I hope you realise how much they cost. It'd be well over 10000 bucks here to build one up with semi top stuff.

lancera said:

I ride a 2003 VX Pro (bought used from a US pro team). It is fantastic. The VX Pro was used by the Quick-Step and La Boulangère pro teams in Europe. It has since been upgraded to the VXR, and now the VXRS.
The VX Pro is very comfortable and yet very fast. The VXR is supposed to be stiffer and lighter, it has carbon lugs instead of the alu lugs. The VXRS is even stiffer and lighter but looses some comfort due to the extended seat tube that replaces conventional seatposts.
Time had quite some results this year with the 2nd World Cup point championship in a row (Bettini), the Olympic Gold (Bettini), the World Time-Trial Chmpionship (Rogers), and many others.

I highly recommend the Time frames.

gpelpel said:
the World Time-Trial Chmpionship (Rogers), and many others.

sorry to be picky but rogers used a teschner frame in his time trial as time doesnt produce an aero frame.

rayner said:
sorry to be picky but rogers used a teschner frame in his time trial as time doesnt produce an aero frame.
Thanks for replying guys, I am going to go ahead and get one even though they do cost quite a bit. Around these parts everyone is on a ALU/Carbon or a Trek of some sort. I,d like to get something a little different so it had come down to a Vortex or the Time and as I can get one of the Special Pro framesets for a good deal I think I ,ll go ahead with it based on what I,ve heard hear and elsewhere. Thx again Dave

Everyone says they're expensive frames but no prices posted. What does a VXRS cost? What is a 'good' price for one? Can you buy one directly from the Time factory in France?

Louvain said:
Everyone says they're expensive frames but no prices posted. What does a VXRS cost? What is a 'good' price for one? Can you buy one directly from the Time factory in France?

$3,578.28 VAT free from totalcycling.com
$4500 from wrenchscience.com

This price is for the module only(Frame/fork/headset/stem/post & one bottle cage).

I don't think you could go factory direct..unless you were planning a trip to France ;) However, there is an outlet in Santa Barbara, CA....you could give them a call....
TIME FACTORY OUTLET
331 Motor Way
Santa Barbara CA 93101
(805) 730-1901

Try totalcycling.com they have awesome prices on the time frames.I am in the process of buying a Time vx Edge frame from them at the moment.:D

1x1 said:
$3,578.28 VAT free from totalcycling.com
$4500 from wrenchscience.com

This price is for the module only(Frame/fork/headset/stem/post & one bottle cage).

I don't think you could go factory direct..unless you were planning a trip to France ;) However, there is an outlet in Santa Barbara, CA....you could give them a call....
TIME FACTORY OUTLET
331 Motor Way
Santa Barbara CA 93101
(805) 730-1901
I want to thank everyone. Your info is much appreciated.
Perhaps a trip to France is possible...