Time Z pedals

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs to this one. I haven't seen
    anyone around using them yet tho.

    Same mechanism as the ATAC's but with a wider platform:

    http://www.timesportusa.com/zpedals.html

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs
    > this one. I haven't seen anyone around using them yet tho.
    >
    > Same mechanism as the ATAC's but with a wider platform:
    >
    > http://www.timesportusa.com/zpedals.html
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke the
    spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten some
    of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for the SC,
    the M4, or both? Just curious...

    Matt

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke
    > the spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten
    > some of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for
    > the SC, the M4, or both? Just curious...
    >
    > Matt

    I use clipless for both. I have seen them priced for cheaper than the carbons. Pricepoint has them
    on sale right now: http://www.pricepoint.com/product1731.html

    I am assuming that they might weigh a little more than the carbons because of the larger platform,
    but weight isn't an issue for me, I am more concerned with the performance and comfort factor.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:38:23 -0500, Carla A-G wrote:

    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke
    >> the spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten
    >> some of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for
    >> the SC, the M4, or both? Just curious...
    >>
    >> Matt
    >
    > I use clipless for both. I have seen them priced for cheaper than the carbons. Pricepoint has them
    > on sale right now: http://www.pricepoint.com/product1731.html
    >
    > I am assuming that they might weigh a little more than the carbons because of the larger platform,
    > but weight isn't an issue for me, I am more concerned with the performance and comfort factor.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    I went from aliums to carbons and was amazed at how different the carbons felt. They're buttery
    smooth compared to the aliums. Seems like there's a lot less friction. This is another reason why I
    went with 646's instead of the Z's for platforms.

    -Bruce

  5. Pauly

    Pauly Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs
    > this one. I haven't seen anyone around using them yet tho.

    I have been running them for a while, and they are fantastic. About to grab another set for
    the hardtail.

    Pauly