Time Z pedals



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carla A-G

Guest
Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs to this one. I haven't seen
anyone around using them yet tho.

Same mechanism as the ATAC's but with a wider platform:

http://www.timesportusa.com/zpedals.html

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
 
M

Mattb

Guest
"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs
to
> this one. I haven't seen anyone around using them yet tho.
>
> Same mechanism as the ATAC's but with a wider platform:
>
> http://www.timesportusa.com/zpedals.html
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
>

They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke the
spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten some
of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for the SC,
the M4, or both? Just curious...

Matt
 
C

Carla A-G

Guest
"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke
> the spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten
> some of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for
> the SC, the M4, or both? Just curious...
>
> Matt

I use clipless for both. I have seen them priced for cheaper than the carbons. Pricepoint has them
on sale right now: http://www.pricepoint.com/product1731.html

I am assuming that they might weigh a little more than the carbons because of the larger platform,
but weight isn't an issue for me, I am more concerned with the performance and comfort factor.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
 
B

Bruce Edge

Guest
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:38:23 -0500, Carla A-G wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> They do look pretty cool. I just bought some new carbon ATACs in the fall after I finally broke
>> the spring bar on an old pair (on about the 1000th rock bash). Given the choice I may have gotten
>> some of these instead. How do they compare in weight and price to the carbons? You thinking for
>> the SC, the M4, or both? Just curious...
>>
>> Matt
>
> I use clipless for both. I have seen them priced for cheaper than the carbons. Pricepoint has them
> on sale right now: http://www.pricepoint.com/product1731.html
>
> I am assuming that they might weigh a little more than the carbons because of the larger platform,
> but weight isn't an issue for me, I am more concerned with the performance and comfort factor.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I went from aliums to carbons and was amazed at how different the carbons felt. They're buttery
smooth compared to the aliums. Seems like there's a lot less friction. This is another reason why I
went with 646's instead of the Z's for platforms.

-Bruce
 
P

Pauly

Guest
"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote
> Anyone in here using them yet? We're thinking of changing from the ATACs
to
> this one. I haven't seen anyone around using them yet tho.

I have been running them for a while, and they are fantastic. About to grab another set for
the hardtail.

Pauly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.