Times article 2

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article3110970.ece

> Fred

surely bottles in hedgerows are not of cyclist origin. Please tell me we
don't do that.
I can't believe that any newspaper would advocate cyclist decapitation in
this way. If you substitute a race or a religion or a sex for the word
"cyclist", this would be illegal.
String him up!
(oh damn, personal petards etc}
--

Martin Bulmer

"Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> fred2 wrote:
>> A joke that will sicken cyclists
>> Piano wire is no laughing matter for the 150 cyclists who die each
>> year Alison Steed
>>
>> Article in Times on-line 31/12/07 ( Could this be an attempt to right
>> a wrong?)
>>

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article3110970.ece
>>
>> Fred

> surely bottles in hedgerows are not of cyclist origin. Please tell me we
> don't do that.
> I can't believe that any newspaper would advocate cyclist decapitation in
> this way. If you substitute a race or a religion or a sex for the word
> "cyclist", this would be illegal.
> String him up!
> (oh damn, personal petards etc}
> --

I don't want my race, religion or gender/sexual orientation grouped with
cyclists as a minority that needs the law to protect it thank you very much.

Believe me, I could lay claim to membership of more minority groups than you
can shake a stick at but prefer to be called Vernon ;-)

Labelling or seeking a label to be identified by can lead to all sorts of
problems real and imaginary in this increasingly tribal society.

On 30 Dec, 23:40, "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> surely bottles in hedgerows are not of cyclist origin. Please tell me we
> don't do that.

I certainly don't believe the frequent sightings of McDonalds
packaging beside roads 10+ miles from the nearest McD branch are due
to cyclists - would anyone who frequented McDonalds still be fit to
ride even that far? :)

Jon

"Jon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 30 Dec, 23:40, "Martin Bulmer" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> surely bottles in hedgerows are not of cyclist origin. Please tell me we
>> don't do that.

> I certainly don't believe the frequent sightings of McDonalds
> packaging beside roads 10+ miles from the nearest McD branch are due
> to cyclists - would anyone who frequented McDonalds still be fit to
> ride even that far? :)

I am ;-)

"fred2" <[email protected]>typed

> A joke that will sicken cyclists
> Piano wire is no laughing matter for the 150 cyclists who die each year
> Alison Steed

> Article in Times on-line 31/12/07 ( Could this be an attempt to right a
> wrong?)

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article3110970.ece

> Fred

I see Helen Simmons of Norfolk, who frequents this parish, has her
comment well up in the Have Your Say stakes.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.